When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Woman burned while decanting petrol
A woman who was badly burned when petrol ignited as she transferred it between containers in her kitchen has been named by neighbours.
Diane Hill, of Acomb, York, was decanting petrol from one container to another when vapours ignited and set fire to her clothing, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said.
It is thought she may have had the cooker on as she transferred the fuel from "an appropriate petrol container" to a glass jug.
Next-door neighbour Margot Johnston, 86, said: "I had been gardening and came in to make myself a cup of tea and I was aware of a cloud of smoke coming over the hedge. I thought because it was a lovely day that they must be having a barbecue. Then I noticed there was someone in the garden who seemed to be on fire.
"One of the daughters was in the garden and I said 'Have you phoned for the ambulance?' and she said she had. Even all through the war I had never seen anything like it."
Ms Johnston added that both of her neighbour's daughters, Lauren and Grace, were in the garden at the time of the incident.
She said: "Diane had obviously got home and started to cook dinner while decanting petrol. Diane was conscious the whole time. They put her in the ambulance and took her away."
Asked whether the threat of strikes by oil tanker drivers or poor advice from the Government were to blame, Ms Johnston said: "People are to blame for panicking, for panic-buying."
Prime Minister David Cameron said his heart went out to the woman who was burnt while transferring petrol between canisters in her kitchen.
Asked about the incident in York, he said: "This was absolutely a desperate incident and a terrible thing that has happened to this woman. My heart goes out to her and her family. Everything that can be done is being done to help her at this time."