Elderly person treated for smoke inhalation after flats fire

Elderly person treated for smoke inhalation after flats fire

Elderly person treated for smoke inhalation after flats fire

First published in News

AN ELDERLY resident suffered from smoke inhalation after a blaze at a Westbourne flat last night.

Dorset Fire and Rescue were called to Surrey Road just before 11pm and discovered a kitchen roll had been knocked on to an electric hob, causing a kitchen fire.

The fire was on the fourth floor of a five-storey building and crews from Westbourne and Springbourne quickly extinguished the flames. There was slight smoke damage to fourth floor and crews ventilated the building.

Crews were alerted by a working smoke alarm and have stressed the importance of regularly checking and maintaining alarms.

Comments

Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree