A car repeatedly hit pedestrians during a terrifying hit and run incident in Bournemouth.
Two people were taken to hospital after being struck by a car which was later found abandoned.
Emergency services were called to Poole Hill in Bournemouth around 4.30am on Sunday morning after reports of 'a number of people' being struck by a vehicle which then drove off.
Witnesses report the car hitting people several times before it drove off.
Mark, who lives nearby and witnessed the incident, said a fight had taken place moments before.
"One guy got punched in the face", he told the Daily Echo.
"The next thing you know, a grey BMW smashed into some people and the post at the side of the road.
"It then reversed and went away. Then it came back and did it once or twice more.
"I just got straight on the phone to the police.
"It was absolutely crazy. One girl was quite badly hurt. Quite a lot of people got hit.
"The windscreen of the car was smashed as well.
"He just kept going backwards and forwards.
"It was unbelievable.
"At first I thought it was an accident. People were screaming and trying to stop the car and get the driver out.
"There were a lot of people outside at the time."
The vehicle struck people outside the Winchester pub first before hitting more pedestrians outside Priva.
Police were unable to say how many people had been struck.
Officers located the car, a grey 318 BMW estate, on the East Overcliff.
It had driven off from the scene in the direction of Terrace Road toward the BIC.
The driver has been described as white, in his late twenties, about five feet six inches tall and of stocky build. He has short dark hair and wore dark clothing.
A spokesperson for Dorset Police said Poole Hill will be closed for several hours. It is hoped it will be open later this morning.
Two casualties, a 22-year-old woman and a 51-year-old man, both from Bournemouth, were taken to Poole General Hospital.
The female victim sustained bruising to her body and the male victim, a head wound.
Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
It is understood a number of people filmed the incident on their phones.
Police Sergeant Andy Bell, of Bournemouth CID, said: “We know that a number of people where at the location at that time and we believe that some of them recorded footage of the incident on their phones. I urge those witnesses to contact Dorset Police urgently to make these recordings available to us.
“I am appealing for witnesses to the collision and anyone with information about the man responsible to come forward and contact police.
“I would also like to hear from anyone who witnessed the manner of driving of the BMW before and after the incident.”
Investigators were on the scene this morning and the road was cordoned off between Best One convenience store and the Rancho Steak House.
Markers were placed on the road outside the former Priva club.
One man, who lives above Rancho Steak House, said he had heard shouting in the night but that wasn't unusual for the area.
It wasn't until he woke up and saw the police that he realised there had been an incident.
Business owners turning up for work said they were shocked to see the cordon.
Most were unaware of what had happened.
Police are appealing for witnesses to contact them on 101.