Smoke alarm alerts residents to fire at Southbourne flat

Smoke alarm alerts residents to fire at Southbourne flat

Smoke alarm alerts residents to fire at Southbourne flat

First published in News by

A SMOKE alarm alerted residents to a fire at a block of flats in Southbourne yesterday evening. 

At around 8.45pm crews from Christchurch and Springbourne were called to a property on Belle Vue Road.

A spokesman from Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said crews extinguished a fire caused by food left on the hob.

A neighbour was alerted to the fire after hearing the smoke alarm, which was fitted at the property following a home safety check last month.

The checks are a free service provided by Dorset Fire and Rescue which aim to encourage the public to think about fire safety in their home.

To sign up for a check go to dorsetfire.gov.uk or call 01035 252600.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree