Residents rescued from flat fire in Bournemouth

Residents rescued from flat fire in Bournemouth

Residents rescued from flat fire in Bournemouth

First published in News

RESIDENTS were evacuated from a block of flats in Bournemouth town centre in the early hours of Friday morning.

Firefighters were called at 1.50am to Wootton Gardens by a concerned resident reporting the fire alarm sounding.

When he checked, he found the hallway smoke logged.

The three residents in the flat were led to safety by firefighters.

The cause of the blaze was a pan of food left unattended on the cooker.

A spokesperson for Dorset Fire and Rescue said: “The incident could have been far worse if the neighbour had not been alerted to the incident by the alarm . We take this opportunity to remind you that smoke detectors and fire alarms save lives - remember to test your alarms weekly.”

The damage was confined to the pan and contents and there was light smoke logging to the flat.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree