Fire breaks out in refrigerator at garage in Heathfield Way, West Moors

Fire wrecks domestic garage in West Moors

Fire wrecks domestic garage in West Moors

First published in News
Last updated

A DOMESTIC garage was wrecked by a fire which started in a refrigerator.

Crews were called just before 9am on Saturday to a smoke-logged, detached garage in Heathfield Way, West Moors.

They used water and compressed air foam to control the fire, which Dorset Fire and Rescue said started because of an electrical fault in the motor of the refrigerator.

An empty propane cylinder was cooled as a precaution.

The fire, which was under control by 9.35am, caused severe damage to the garage and contents.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:03pm Sat 26 Jul 14

Cosmic Crusader says...

I have an old fridge freezer in my garage which comes in very handy but when things like this happen it makes one worry.
I have an old fridge freezer in my garage which comes in very handy but when things like this happen it makes one worry. Cosmic Crusader
  • Score: 3

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree