Hundreds arrested across country following National Crime Agency operation

Eight arrested in Dorset as part of national child abuse crackdown

Hundreds arrested in child abuse crackdown

Ian Bell

First published in News
Last updated
by

EIGHT people have been arrested in Dorset as part of a national operation targeting sex offenders.

The force joined up with the National Crime Agency and the Association of Chief Police Officers for the national six-month operation with 45 forces, including Dorset Police, taking part.

Six hundred and sixty suspected paedophiles have been arrested across Britain. They include workers who had access to children through their jobs and had no previous contact with police.

Eight men have been arrested by detectives in Dorset following the receipt of information from the NCA.

Three have been charged and five are currently on police bail pending further enquiries.

One of those, Ian Bell, 66, a retired teacher from Wimborne, was charged with 20 offences of making and distributing indecent images of children.

He was sentenced to 28 months in prison.

Nationally, the operation has so far led to 431 children safeguarded and more than 600 people arrested.

The offences range from accessing indecent images of children to serious sexual assault.

None of those arrested is a serving or former MP or member of the Government.

The NCA said suspects include doctors, teachers, Scout leaders, care workers and former police officers. In total, only 39 registered sex offenders are among those arrested.

Detective Inspector Pete Little, of the Public Protection Unit, said: “The aim of this operation was to protect children who are victims of, or might be at risk of sexual exploitation.

“Children are victimised not only when they are abused and an image is first taken. They are victimised repeatedly every time that image is viewed.

“We know that some of the people who start by accessing indecent images online go on to abuse children directly.”

He added: “This has not only been about catching people who have already offended – it is also about influencing potential abusers before they cross that horrific line.

“Offenders need to know that the internet is not a safe anonymous space for accessing indecent images. They leave a digital footprint and we will find it.”

Officers across the UK have searched 833 properties and examined 9,172 computers, phones and hard drives.

Dorset Police are also urging people using the internet to access indecent images of children to get professional help.

There is support in place through organisations such as www.stopitnow.org.uk of the Lucy Faithfull Foundation and GPs who can help.

The Paedophile Online Investigation Team can be contacted on 101. In an emergency, always dial 999.

Comments (28)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:13pm Wed 16 Jul 14

a.g.o.g. says...

All very laudable of course and therefore safely beyond direct criticism, but some might ask whether this operation is being funded courtesy of the savings arguably made out of those ever-tightening Benifits Provisions and/or Bedroom Tax Deductions which further disaffect the lives of far more already severely disadvantaged to near the point of being institutuionally abused children HERE IN THE UK, or, if not, whether that money, or a similar amount indeed, could not be spent to better their circumstances too.
All very laudable of course and therefore safely beyond direct criticism, but some might ask whether this operation is being funded courtesy of the savings arguably made out of those ever-tightening Benifits Provisions and/or Bedroom Tax Deductions which further disaffect the lives of far more already severely disadvantaged to near the point of being institutuionally abused children HERE IN THE UK, or, if not, whether that money, or a similar amount indeed, could not be spent to better their circumstances too. a.g.o.g.
  • Score: -32

12:56pm Wed 16 Jul 14

High Treason says...

Great news. Now if found guilty drop them head first down a disused mine shaft. When one mine shaft is full use another.
Great news. Now if found guilty drop them head first down a disused mine shaft. When one mine shaft is full use another. High Treason
  • Score: 9

2:23pm Wed 16 Jul 14

wadjit says...

They will all be back out on the streets soon anyway.
They will all be back out on the streets soon anyway. wadjit
  • Score: 0

2:26pm Wed 16 Jul 14

Gingertree says...

Names Addresses Pictures
Names Addresses Pictures Gingertree
  • Score: 6

2:37pm Wed 16 Jul 14

MrDMan says...

Gingertree wrote:
Names Addresses Pictures
Perhaps wait until they're found guilty.
[quote][p][bold]Gingertree[/bold] wrote: Names Addresses Pictures[/p][/quote]Perhaps wait until they're found guilty. MrDMan
  • Score: 21

2:42pm Wed 16 Jul 14

keith milton says...

a start......but too cowardly and have orders not to arrest those in westminster,disgusti
ng,this makes the police complicit in my eyes.
a start......but too cowardly and have orders not to arrest those in westminster,disgusti ng,this makes the police complicit in my eyes. keith milton
  • Score: -10

4:54pm Wed 16 Jul 14

silkcut says...

What a coincidence!! Straight after the government rush through emergency snooping laws, the police kick off the latest wave of peado hysteria...

I guarantee you this will be 90% bulls**t, but we'll never find out because the NCA is exempt from FoI law!! So the ACTUAL number of people who end up convicted and for what we'll never find out. Except for what they claim, which will be spun out of all proportion..

And 431 children "saved"?? Do me a favour...

I can't believe people in this country are so gullible...
What a coincidence!! Straight after the government rush through emergency snooping laws, the police kick off the latest wave of peado hysteria... I guarantee you this will be 90% bulls**t, but we'll never find out because the NCA is exempt from FoI law!! So the ACTUAL number of people who end up convicted and for what we'll never find out. Except for what they claim, which will be spun out of all proportion.. And 431 children "saved"?? Do me a favour... I can't believe people in this country are so gullible... silkcut
  • Score: 5

6:04pm Wed 16 Jul 14

scrumpyjack says...

a.g.o.g. wrote:
All very laudable of course and therefore safely beyond direct criticism, but some might ask whether this operation is being funded courtesy of the savings arguably made out of those ever-tightening Benifits Provisions and/or Bedroom Tax Deductions which further disaffect the lives of far more already severely disadvantaged to near the point of being institutuionally abused children HERE IN THE UK, or, if not, whether that money, or a similar amount indeed, could not be spent to better their circumstances too.
What the hell are you talking about????

Talk about trying to shoe horn your agenda into something.

Dick.

Benefits dick.
[quote][p][bold]a.g.o.g.[/bold] wrote: All very laudable of course and therefore safely beyond direct criticism, but some might ask whether this operation is being funded courtesy of the savings arguably made out of those ever-tightening Benifits Provisions and/or Bedroom Tax Deductions which further disaffect the lives of far more already severely disadvantaged to near the point of being institutuionally abused children HERE IN THE UK, or, if not, whether that money, or a similar amount indeed, could not be spent to better their circumstances too.[/p][/quote]What the hell are you talking about???? Talk about trying to shoe horn your agenda into something. Dick. Benefits dick. scrumpyjack
  • Score: 9

6:29pm Wed 16 Jul 14

rozmister says...

a.g.o.g. wrote:
All very laudable of course and therefore safely beyond direct criticism, but some might ask whether this operation is being funded courtesy of the savings arguably made out of those ever-tightening Benifits Provisions and/or Bedroom Tax Deductions which further disaffect the lives of far more already severely disadvantaged to near the point of being institutuionally abused children HERE IN THE UK, or, if not, whether that money, or a similar amount indeed, could not be spent to better their circumstances too.
There's always one isn't there. Police forces have taken massive cuts so they aren't being bolstered by the savings made by changes to benefits. Aside from that the police force and DWP are two completely separate organisations with separate budgets, the money can't be shuffled around.

Being sexually abused as a child is one of the most horrific things somebody can go through, any operation that helps protect the vulnerable from evil is great in my book. Why you think money should be diverted away from stopping paedophiles to allow people to remain in homes that are bigger than their needs is beyond me!!
[quote][p][bold]a.g.o.g.[/bold] wrote: All very laudable of course and therefore safely beyond direct criticism, but some might ask whether this operation is being funded courtesy of the savings arguably made out of those ever-tightening Benifits Provisions and/or Bedroom Tax Deductions which further disaffect the lives of far more already severely disadvantaged to near the point of being institutuionally abused children HERE IN THE UK, or, if not, whether that money, or a similar amount indeed, could not be spent to better their circumstances too.[/p][/quote]There's always one isn't there. Police forces have taken massive cuts so they aren't being bolstered by the savings made by changes to benefits. Aside from that the police force and DWP are two completely separate organisations with separate budgets, the money can't be shuffled around. Being sexually abused as a child is one of the most horrific things somebody can go through, any operation that helps protect the vulnerable from evil is great in my book. Why you think money should be diverted away from stopping paedophiles to allow people to remain in homes that are bigger than their needs is beyond me!! rozmister
  • Score: 19

7:57pm Wed 16 Jul 14

Hobad1 says...

a.g.o.g. wrote:
All very laudable of course and therefore safely beyond direct criticism, but some might ask whether this operation is being funded courtesy of the savings arguably made out of those ever-tightening Benifits Provisions and/or Bedroom Tax Deductions which further disaffect the lives of far more already severely disadvantaged to near the point of being institutuionally abused children HERE IN THE UK, or, if not, whether that money, or a similar amount indeed, could not be spent to better their circumstances too.
What a complete imbecile you are. What has this got to do with benefits ? You not only get my vote for the most stupid ill-thought comment of the year, but also the most stupid commenter ever. You really are a t w @ t.
[quote][p][bold]a.g.o.g.[/bold] wrote: All very laudable of course and therefore safely beyond direct criticism, but some might ask whether this operation is being funded courtesy of the savings arguably made out of those ever-tightening Benifits Provisions and/or Bedroom Tax Deductions which further disaffect the lives of far more already severely disadvantaged to near the point of being institutuionally abused children HERE IN THE UK, or, if not, whether that money, or a similar amount indeed, could not be spent to better their circumstances too.[/p][/quote]What a complete imbecile you are. What has this got to do with benefits ? You not only get my vote for the most stupid ill-thought comment of the year, but also the most stupid commenter ever. You really are a t w @ t. Hobad1
  • Score: 7

7:59pm Wed 16 Jul 14

Adrian XX says...

Being sexually abused as a child is one of the most horrific things somebody can go through, any operation that helps protect the vulnerable from evil is great in my book. Why you think money should be diverted away from stopping paedophiles to allow people to remain in homes that are bigger than their needs is beyond me!!

I completely agree that child sexual abuse is a horrific crime, but this campaign is not mainly about child sexual abuse and prosecuting a few "downloaders" (the one's stupid enough to get caught) does not do anything to prevent the original crime. The problem is that the demand will always be there - paedophile tendencies seem to be natural in a small percentage of the population (perhaps 5%) and while the demand for images remains high, child abuse will not stop. We have not won the "war on drugs" and we are not likely to win the war on child **** either with the current approach. Encryption technology gets better and better and there are emergent semi-anonymous global digital currencies which are easy to get hold of for cash on the street. (see localbitcoins.com for example). Encryption will not get worse and digital currencies are not going to go away. The solution to the problem can only be to reduce demand. We perhaps need a study to see if people with an predisposition to paedophilia can actually be helped to overcome their addiction.
[quote]Being sexually abused as a child is one of the most horrific things somebody can go through, any operation that helps protect the vulnerable from evil is great in my book. Why you think money should be diverted away from stopping paedophiles to allow people to remain in homes that are bigger than their needs is beyond me!![/quote] I completely agree that child sexual abuse is a horrific crime, but this campaign is not mainly about child sexual abuse and prosecuting a few "downloaders" (the one's stupid enough to get caught) does not do anything to prevent the original crime. The problem is that the demand will always be there - paedophile tendencies seem to be natural in a small percentage of the population (perhaps 5%) and while the demand for images remains high, child abuse will not stop. We have not won the "war on drugs" and we are not likely to win the war on child **** either with the current approach. Encryption technology gets better and better and there are emergent semi-anonymous global digital currencies which are easy to get hold of for cash on the street. (see localbitcoins.com for example). Encryption will not get worse and digital currencies are not going to go away. The solution to the problem can only be to reduce demand. We perhaps need a study to see if people with an predisposition to paedophilia can actually be helped to overcome their addiction. Adrian XX
  • Score: 5

8:01pm Wed 16 Jul 14

Hobad1 says...

scrumpyjack wrote:
a.g.o.g. wrote:
All very laudable of course and therefore safely beyond direct criticism, but some might ask whether this operation is being funded courtesy of the savings arguably made out of those ever-tightening Benifits Provisions and/or Bedroom Tax Deductions which further disaffect the lives of far more already severely disadvantaged to near the point of being institutuionally abused children HERE IN THE UK, or, if not, whether that money, or a similar amount indeed, could not be spent to better their circumstances too.
What the hell are you talking about????

Talk about trying to shoe horn your agenda into something.

Dick.

Benefits dick.
Well said Scrumpy. He is a d!ck.
[quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]a.g.o.g.[/bold] wrote: All very laudable of course and therefore safely beyond direct criticism, but some might ask whether this operation is being funded courtesy of the savings arguably made out of those ever-tightening Benifits Provisions and/or Bedroom Tax Deductions which further disaffect the lives of far more already severely disadvantaged to near the point of being institutuionally abused children HERE IN THE UK, or, if not, whether that money, or a similar amount indeed, could not be spent to better their circumstances too.[/p][/quote]What the hell are you talking about???? Talk about trying to shoe horn your agenda into something. Dick. Benefits dick.[/p][/quote]Well said Scrumpy. He is a d!ck. Hobad1
  • Score: 0

8:03pm Wed 16 Jul 14

Hobad1 says...

silkcut wrote:
What a coincidence!! Straight after the government rush through emergency snooping laws, the police kick off the latest wave of peado hysteria...

I guarantee you this will be 90% bulls**t, but we'll never find out because the NCA is exempt from FoI law!! So the ACTUAL number of people who end up convicted and for what we'll never find out. Except for what they claim, which will be spun out of all proportion..

And 431 children "saved"?? Do me a favour...

I can't believe people in this country are so gullible...
Analyse the figures as much as you want, but even if just 1 child is "saved", then it's worth every penny that has been spent on it.
[quote][p][bold]silkcut[/bold] wrote: What a coincidence!! Straight after the government rush through emergency snooping laws, the police kick off the latest wave of peado hysteria... I guarantee you this will be 90% bulls**t, but we'll never find out because the NCA is exempt from FoI law!! So the ACTUAL number of people who end up convicted and for what we'll never find out. Except for what they claim, which will be spun out of all proportion.. And 431 children "saved"?? Do me a favour... I can't believe people in this country are so gullible...[/p][/quote]Analyse the figures as much as you want, but even if just 1 child is "saved", then it's worth every penny that has been spent on it. Hobad1
  • Score: 12

8:59pm Wed 16 Jul 14

silkcut says...

Hobad1 wrote:
silkcut wrote:
What a coincidence!! Straight after the government rush through emergency snooping laws, the police kick off the latest wave of peado hysteria...

I guarantee you this will be 90% bulls**t, but we'll never find out because the NCA is exempt from FoI law!! So the ACTUAL number of people who end up convicted and for what we'll never find out. Except for what they claim, which will be spun out of all proportion..

And 431 children "saved"?? Do me a favour...

I can't believe people in this country are so gullible...
Analyse the figures as much as you want, but even if just 1 child is "saved", then it's worth every penny that has been spent on it.
But they're not being "saved"...

The biggest operation of this kind was operation "ore" over 10 years ago...That resulted in several thousands of prosecutions for downloading images but not ONE prosecution for a contact offence..

That's why the genuine child abusers like (supposedly) Jimmy Saville and Cyril Smith et al will continue...Because the police are obsessed with publicity stunts and easy busts like this from a warm office in front of a computer screen, instead of getting out there investigating the actual abusers...

I don't condone child abuse, but whipping up peado panic hysteria on the internet is going to harm more kids than it saves I promise you...
[quote][p][bold]Hobad1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]silkcut[/bold] wrote: What a coincidence!! Straight after the government rush through emergency snooping laws, the police kick off the latest wave of peado hysteria... I guarantee you this will be 90% bulls**t, but we'll never find out because the NCA is exempt from FoI law!! So the ACTUAL number of people who end up convicted and for what we'll never find out. Except for what they claim, which will be spun out of all proportion.. And 431 children "saved"?? Do me a favour... I can't believe people in this country are so gullible...[/p][/quote]Analyse the figures as much as you want, but even if just 1 child is "saved", then it's worth every penny that has been spent on it.[/p][/quote]But they're not being "saved"... The biggest operation of this kind was operation "ore" over 10 years ago...That resulted in several thousands of prosecutions for downloading images but not ONE prosecution for a contact offence.. That's why the genuine child abusers like (supposedly) Jimmy Saville and Cyril Smith et al will continue...Because the police are obsessed with publicity stunts and easy busts like this from a warm office in front of a computer screen, instead of getting out there investigating the actual abusers... I don't condone child abuse, but whipping up peado panic hysteria on the internet is going to harm more kids than it saves I promise you... silkcut
  • Score: 0

9:33pm Wed 16 Jul 14

Baysider says...

silkcut wrote:
Hobad1 wrote:
silkcut wrote:
What a coincidence!! Straight after the government rush through emergency snooping laws, the police kick off the latest wave of peado hysteria...

I guarantee you this will be 90% bulls**t, but we'll never find out because the NCA is exempt from FoI law!! So the ACTUAL number of people who end up convicted and for what we'll never find out. Except for what they claim, which will be spun out of all proportion..

And 431 children "saved"?? Do me a favour...

I can't believe people in this country are so gullible...
Analyse the figures as much as you want, but even if just 1 child is "saved", then it's worth every penny that has been spent on it.
But they're not being "saved"...

The biggest operation of this kind was operation "ore" over 10 years ago...That resulted in several thousands of prosecutions for downloading images but not ONE prosecution for a contact offence..

That's why the genuine child abusers like (supposedly) Jimmy Saville and Cyril Smith et al will continue...Because the police are obsessed with publicity stunts and easy busts like this from a warm office in front of a computer screen, instead of getting out there investigating the actual abusers...

I don't condone child abuse, but whipping up peado panic hysteria on the internet is going to harm more kids than it saves I promise you...
I don't believe there is any 'supposedly' about what Savile and Smith did, unless you think that their crimes were published as a publicity stunt too? There rest of your post is equally as flawed as Op Ore was a worldwide attack on internet users of this material not a direct attempt to 'save' children although this is of course a by product of locking up those prepared to create a market in this filth.
[quote][p][bold]silkcut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hobad1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]silkcut[/bold] wrote: What a coincidence!! Straight after the government rush through emergency snooping laws, the police kick off the latest wave of peado hysteria... I guarantee you this will be 90% bulls**t, but we'll never find out because the NCA is exempt from FoI law!! So the ACTUAL number of people who end up convicted and for what we'll never find out. Except for what they claim, which will be spun out of all proportion.. And 431 children "saved"?? Do me a favour... I can't believe people in this country are so gullible...[/p][/quote]Analyse the figures as much as you want, but even if just 1 child is "saved", then it's worth every penny that has been spent on it.[/p][/quote]But they're not being "saved"... The biggest operation of this kind was operation "ore" over 10 years ago...That resulted in several thousands of prosecutions for downloading images but not ONE prosecution for a contact offence.. That's why the genuine child abusers like (supposedly) Jimmy Saville and Cyril Smith et al will continue...Because the police are obsessed with publicity stunts and easy busts like this from a warm office in front of a computer screen, instead of getting out there investigating the actual abusers... I don't condone child abuse, but whipping up peado panic hysteria on the internet is going to harm more kids than it saves I promise you...[/p][/quote]I don't believe there is any 'supposedly' about what Savile and Smith did, unless you think that their crimes were published as a publicity stunt too? There rest of your post is equally as flawed as Op Ore was a worldwide attack on internet users of this material not a direct attempt to 'save' children although this is of course a by product of locking up those prepared to create a market in this filth. Baysider
  • Score: 1

10:00pm Wed 16 Jul 14

silkcut says...

Baysider wrote:
silkcut wrote:
Hobad1 wrote:
silkcut wrote:
What a coincidence!! Straight after the government rush through emergency snooping laws, the police kick off the latest wave of peado hysteria...

I guarantee you this will be 90% bulls**t, but we'll never find out because the NCA is exempt from FoI law!! So the ACTUAL number of people who end up convicted and for what we'll never find out. Except for what they claim, which will be spun out of all proportion..

And 431 children "saved"?? Do me a favour...

I can't believe people in this country are so gullible...
Analyse the figures as much as you want, but even if just 1 child is "saved", then it's worth every penny that has been spent on it.
But they're not being "saved"...

The biggest operation of this kind was operation "ore" over 10 years ago...That resulted in several thousands of prosecutions for downloading images but not ONE prosecution for a contact offence..

That's why the genuine child abusers like (supposedly) Jimmy Saville and Cyril Smith et al will continue...Because the police are obsessed with publicity stunts and easy busts like this from a warm office in front of a computer screen, instead of getting out there investigating the actual abusers...

I don't condone child abuse, but whipping up peado panic hysteria on the internet is going to harm more kids than it saves I promise you...
I don't believe there is any 'supposedly' about what Savile and Smith did, unless you think that their crimes were published as a publicity stunt too? There rest of your post is equally as flawed as Op Ore was a worldwide attack on internet users of this material not a direct attempt to 'save' children although this is of course a by product of locking up those prepared to create a market in this filth.
I've no idea what they did, and neither have you because they weren't investigated when they were alive, and neither will others be today as long as the police are obsessed with sitting in front of a computer looking for easy busts...

And neither is this latest publicity stunt a direct attempt to "save" children...It's exactly the same thing. And the 431 children they're claiming haven't been "saved" at all..

I guarantee you the vast majority will be the children of the people they've busted...Who've had their Father dawn raided and carted off and imprisoned and banned from having any contact with him purely because he might have had a bit of an internet **** habit (as have an AWFUL lot of people), but would never in any way had, or would, harm his kids...

Trust me, I saw it happen to someone I know a few years ago...Go forward and ask these children if they feel they've been "saved" in a few years time by this garbage? I know what the answer will be...And I also know that they won't be thanking you when they find they've grown up into a paranoid police state that they're parents slept walked into...

And if you want to stop a "market" you don't like, you go after the suppliers and the internet companies that are the couriers not the consumers, that's basic economics...But the police aren't too interested in that...

Think about it :)
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]silkcut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hobad1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]silkcut[/bold] wrote: What a coincidence!! Straight after the government rush through emergency snooping laws, the police kick off the latest wave of peado hysteria... I guarantee you this will be 90% bulls**t, but we'll never find out because the NCA is exempt from FoI law!! So the ACTUAL number of people who end up convicted and for what we'll never find out. Except for what they claim, which will be spun out of all proportion.. And 431 children "saved"?? Do me a favour... I can't believe people in this country are so gullible...[/p][/quote]Analyse the figures as much as you want, but even if just 1 child is "saved", then it's worth every penny that has been spent on it.[/p][/quote]But they're not being "saved"... The biggest operation of this kind was operation "ore" over 10 years ago...That resulted in several thousands of prosecutions for downloading images but not ONE prosecution for a contact offence.. That's why the genuine child abusers like (supposedly) Jimmy Saville and Cyril Smith et al will continue...Because the police are obsessed with publicity stunts and easy busts like this from a warm office in front of a computer screen, instead of getting out there investigating the actual abusers... I don't condone child abuse, but whipping up peado panic hysteria on the internet is going to harm more kids than it saves I promise you...[/p][/quote]I don't believe there is any 'supposedly' about what Savile and Smith did, unless you think that their crimes were published as a publicity stunt too? There rest of your post is equally as flawed as Op Ore was a worldwide attack on internet users of this material not a direct attempt to 'save' children although this is of course a by product of locking up those prepared to create a market in this filth.[/p][/quote]I've no idea what they did, and neither have you because they weren't investigated when they were alive, and neither will others be today as long as the police are obsessed with sitting in front of a computer looking for easy busts... And neither is this latest publicity stunt a direct attempt to "save" children...It's exactly the same thing. And the 431 children they're claiming haven't been "saved" at all.. I guarantee you the vast majority will be the children of the people they've busted...Who've had their Father dawn raided and carted off and imprisoned and banned from having any contact with him purely because he might have had a bit of an internet **** habit (as have an AWFUL lot of people), but would never in any way had, or would, harm his kids... Trust me, I saw it happen to someone I know a few years ago...Go forward and ask these children if they feel they've been "saved" in a few years time by this garbage? I know what the answer will be...And I also know that they won't be thanking you when they find they've grown up into a paranoid police state that they're parents slept walked into... And if you want to stop a "market" you don't like, you go after the suppliers and the internet companies that are the couriers not the consumers, that's basic economics...But the police aren't too interested in that... Think about it :) silkcut
  • Score: 1

10:17pm Wed 16 Jul 14

Baysider says...

silkcut wrote:
Baysider wrote:
silkcut wrote:
Hobad1 wrote:
silkcut wrote:
What a coincidence!! Straight after the government rush through emergency snooping laws, the police kick off the latest wave of peado hysteria...

I guarantee you this will be 90% bulls**t, but we'll never find out because the NCA is exempt from FoI law!! So the ACTUAL number of people who end up convicted and for what we'll never find out. Except for what they claim, which will be spun out of all proportion..

And 431 children "saved"?? Do me a favour...

I can't believe people in this country are so gullible...
Analyse the figures as much as you want, but even if just 1 child is "saved", then it's worth every penny that has been spent on it.
But they're not being "saved"...

The biggest operation of this kind was operation "ore" over 10 years ago...That resulted in several thousands of prosecutions for downloading images but not ONE prosecution for a contact offence..

That's why the genuine child abusers like (supposedly) Jimmy Saville and Cyril Smith et al will continue...Because the police are obsessed with publicity stunts and easy busts like this from a warm office in front of a computer screen, instead of getting out there investigating the actual abusers...

I don't condone child abuse, but whipping up peado panic hysteria on the internet is going to harm more kids than it saves I promise you...
I don't believe there is any 'supposedly' about what Savile and Smith did, unless you think that their crimes were published as a publicity stunt too? There rest of your post is equally as flawed as Op Ore was a worldwide attack on internet users of this material not a direct attempt to 'save' children although this is of course a by product of locking up those prepared to create a market in this filth.
I've no idea what they did, and neither have you because they weren't investigated when they were alive, and neither will others be today as long as the police are obsessed with sitting in front of a computer looking for easy busts...

And neither is this latest publicity stunt a direct attempt to "save" children...It's exactly the same thing. And the 431 children they're claiming haven't been "saved" at all..

I guarantee you the vast majority will be the children of the people they've busted...Who've had their Father dawn raided and carted off and imprisoned and banned from having any contact with him purely because he might have had a bit of an internet **** habit (as have an AWFUL lot of people), but would never in any way had, or would, harm his kids...

Trust me, I saw it happen to someone I know a few years ago...Go forward and ask these children if they feel they've been "saved" in a few years time by this garbage? I know what the answer will be...And I also know that they won't be thanking you when they find they've grown up into a paranoid police state that they're parents slept walked into...

And if you want to stop a "market" you don't like, you go after the suppliers and the internet companies that are the couriers not the consumers, that's basic economics...But the police aren't too interested in that...

Think about it :)
Absolute utter rubbish and trying to suggest this material is on par with other 'mainstream' adult material is not doing your point of view any good whatsoever. I know of cases where arrests have been made because the officers who have the extremely unpleasant job of examining this stuff have been able to identify an address from it. And yes if those people who are using this material have their children removed then that's a child saved from the (high) risk of them being abused next. Drop your obvious anti-police agenda and be thankful that at least something is being done about a very difficult problem.
[quote][p][bold]silkcut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]silkcut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hobad1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]silkcut[/bold] wrote: What a coincidence!! Straight after the government rush through emergency snooping laws, the police kick off the latest wave of peado hysteria... I guarantee you this will be 90% bulls**t, but we'll never find out because the NCA is exempt from FoI law!! So the ACTUAL number of people who end up convicted and for what we'll never find out. Except for what they claim, which will be spun out of all proportion.. And 431 children "saved"?? Do me a favour... I can't believe people in this country are so gullible...[/p][/quote]Analyse the figures as much as you want, but even if just 1 child is "saved", then it's worth every penny that has been spent on it.[/p][/quote]But they're not being "saved"... The biggest operation of this kind was operation "ore" over 10 years ago...That resulted in several thousands of prosecutions for downloading images but not ONE prosecution for a contact offence.. That's why the genuine child abusers like (supposedly) Jimmy Saville and Cyril Smith et al will continue...Because the police are obsessed with publicity stunts and easy busts like this from a warm office in front of a computer screen, instead of getting out there investigating the actual abusers... I don't condone child abuse, but whipping up peado panic hysteria on the internet is going to harm more kids than it saves I promise you...[/p][/quote]I don't believe there is any 'supposedly' about what Savile and Smith did, unless you think that their crimes were published as a publicity stunt too? There rest of your post is equally as flawed as Op Ore was a worldwide attack on internet users of this material not a direct attempt to 'save' children although this is of course a by product of locking up those prepared to create a market in this filth.[/p][/quote]I've no idea what they did, and neither have you because they weren't investigated when they were alive, and neither will others be today as long as the police are obsessed with sitting in front of a computer looking for easy busts... And neither is this latest publicity stunt a direct attempt to "save" children...It's exactly the same thing. And the 431 children they're claiming haven't been "saved" at all.. I guarantee you the vast majority will be the children of the people they've busted...Who've had their Father dawn raided and carted off and imprisoned and banned from having any contact with him purely because he might have had a bit of an internet **** habit (as have an AWFUL lot of people), but would never in any way had, or would, harm his kids... Trust me, I saw it happen to someone I know a few years ago...Go forward and ask these children if they feel they've been "saved" in a few years time by this garbage? I know what the answer will be...And I also know that they won't be thanking you when they find they've grown up into a paranoid police state that they're parents slept walked into... And if you want to stop a "market" you don't like, you go after the suppliers and the internet companies that are the couriers not the consumers, that's basic economics...But the police aren't too interested in that... Think about it :)[/p][/quote]Absolute utter rubbish and trying to suggest this material is on par with other 'mainstream' adult material is not doing your point of view any good whatsoever. I know of cases where arrests have been made because the officers who have the extremely unpleasant job of examining this stuff have been able to identify an address from it. And yes if those people who are using this material have their children removed then that's a child saved from the (high) risk of them being abused next. Drop your obvious anti-police agenda and be thankful that at least something is being done about a very difficult problem. Baysider
  • Score: 4

10:43pm Wed 16 Jul 14

Adrian XX says...

Baysider wrote:
silkcut wrote:
Baysider wrote:
silkcut wrote:
Hobad1 wrote:
silkcut wrote:
What a coincidence!! Straight after the government rush through emergency snooping laws, the police kick off the latest wave of peado hysteria...

I guarantee you this will be 90% bulls**t, but we'll never find out because the NCA is exempt from FoI law!! So the ACTUAL number of people who end up convicted and for what we'll never find out. Except for what they claim, which will be spun out of all proportion..

And 431 children "saved"?? Do me a favour...

I can't believe people in this country are so gullible...
Analyse the figures as much as you want, but even if just 1 child is "saved", then it's worth every penny that has been spent on it.
But they're not being "saved"...

The biggest operation of this kind was operation "ore" over 10 years ago...That resulted in several thousands of prosecutions for downloading images but not ONE prosecution for a contact offence..

That's why the genuine child abusers like (supposedly) Jimmy Saville and Cyril Smith et al will continue...Because the police are obsessed with publicity stunts and easy busts like this from a warm office in front of a computer screen, instead of getting out there investigating the actual abusers...

I don't condone child abuse, but whipping up peado panic hysteria on the internet is going to harm more kids than it saves I promise you...
I don't believe there is any 'supposedly' about what Savile and Smith did, unless you think that their crimes were published as a publicity stunt too? There rest of your post is equally as flawed as Op Ore was a worldwide attack on internet users of this material not a direct attempt to 'save' children although this is of course a by product of locking up those prepared to create a market in this filth.
I've no idea what they did, and neither have you because they weren't investigated when they were alive, and neither will others be today as long as the police are obsessed with sitting in front of a computer looking for easy busts...

And neither is this latest publicity stunt a direct attempt to "save" children...It's exactly the same thing. And the 431 children they're claiming haven't been "saved" at all..

I guarantee you the vast majority will be the children of the people they've busted...Who've had their Father dawn raided and carted off and imprisoned and banned from having any contact with him purely because he might have had a bit of an internet **** habit (as have an AWFUL lot of people), but would never in any way had, or would, harm his kids...

Trust me, I saw it happen to someone I know a few years ago...Go forward and ask these children if they feel they've been "saved" in a few years time by this garbage? I know what the answer will be...And I also know that they won't be thanking you when they find they've grown up into a paranoid police state that they're parents slept walked into...

And if you want to stop a "market" you don't like, you go after the suppliers and the internet companies that are the couriers not the consumers, that's basic economics...But the police aren't too interested in that...

Think about it :)
Absolute utter rubbish and trying to suggest this material is on par with other 'mainstream' adult material is not doing your point of view any good whatsoever. I know of cases where arrests have been made because the officers who have the extremely unpleasant job of examining this stuff have been able to identify an address from it. And yes if those people who are using this material have their children removed then that's a child saved from the (high) risk of them being abused next. Drop your obvious anti-police agenda and be thankful that at least something is being done about a very difficult problem.
I know of cases where arrests have been made because the officers who have the extremely unpleasant job of examining this stuff have been able to identify an address from it. And yes if those people who are using this material have their children removed then that's a child saved from the (high) risk of them being abused next.

I wouldn't mind knowing what these cases are since I doubt they happen very often if ever in this country. And where is the evidence of those using this material becoming abusers? We need evidence of this connection, not mass-hysteria.

And the point about Ore is that you would hope that with such a large number of arrests at least some producers would be arrested, but that was not the case. (in any case, Ore was an utter disaster with many innocent people arrested and reportedly several children unnecessarily removed from ordinary families).
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]silkcut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]silkcut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hobad1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]silkcut[/bold] wrote: What a coincidence!! Straight after the government rush through emergency snooping laws, the police kick off the latest wave of peado hysteria... I guarantee you this will be 90% bulls**t, but we'll never find out because the NCA is exempt from FoI law!! So the ACTUAL number of people who end up convicted and for what we'll never find out. Except for what they claim, which will be spun out of all proportion.. And 431 children "saved"?? Do me a favour... I can't believe people in this country are so gullible...[/p][/quote]Analyse the figures as much as you want, but even if just 1 child is "saved", then it's worth every penny that has been spent on it.[/p][/quote]But they're not being "saved"... The biggest operation of this kind was operation "ore" over 10 years ago...That resulted in several thousands of prosecutions for downloading images but not ONE prosecution for a contact offence.. That's why the genuine child abusers like (supposedly) Jimmy Saville and Cyril Smith et al will continue...Because the police are obsessed with publicity stunts and easy busts like this from a warm office in front of a computer screen, instead of getting out there investigating the actual abusers... I don't condone child abuse, but whipping up peado panic hysteria on the internet is going to harm more kids than it saves I promise you...[/p][/quote]I don't believe there is any 'supposedly' about what Savile and Smith did, unless you think that their crimes were published as a publicity stunt too? There rest of your post is equally as flawed as Op Ore was a worldwide attack on internet users of this material not a direct attempt to 'save' children although this is of course a by product of locking up those prepared to create a market in this filth.[/p][/quote]I've no idea what they did, and neither have you because they weren't investigated when they were alive, and neither will others be today as long as the police are obsessed with sitting in front of a computer looking for easy busts... And neither is this latest publicity stunt a direct attempt to "save" children...It's exactly the same thing. And the 431 children they're claiming haven't been "saved" at all.. I guarantee you the vast majority will be the children of the people they've busted...Who've had their Father dawn raided and carted off and imprisoned and banned from having any contact with him purely because he might have had a bit of an internet **** habit (as have an AWFUL lot of people), but would never in any way had, or would, harm his kids... Trust me, I saw it happen to someone I know a few years ago...Go forward and ask these children if they feel they've been "saved" in a few years time by this garbage? I know what the answer will be...And I also know that they won't be thanking you when they find they've grown up into a paranoid police state that they're parents slept walked into... And if you want to stop a "market" you don't like, you go after the suppliers and the internet companies that are the couriers not the consumers, that's basic economics...But the police aren't too interested in that... Think about it :)[/p][/quote]Absolute utter rubbish and trying to suggest this material is on par with other 'mainstream' adult material is not doing your point of view any good whatsoever. I know of cases where arrests have been made because the officers who have the extremely unpleasant job of examining this stuff have been able to identify an address from it. And yes if those people who are using this material have their children removed then that's a child saved from the (high) risk of them being abused next. Drop your obvious anti-police agenda and be thankful that at least something is being done about a very difficult problem.[/p][/quote][quote]I know of cases where arrests have been made because the officers who have the extremely unpleasant job of examining this stuff have been able to identify an address from it. And yes if those people who are using this material have their children removed then that's a child saved from the (high) risk of them being abused next.[/quote] I wouldn't mind knowing what these cases are since I doubt they happen very often if ever in this country. And where is the evidence of those using this material becoming abusers? We need evidence of this connection, not mass-hysteria. And the point about Ore is that you would hope that with such a large number of arrests at least some producers would be arrested, but that was not the case. (in any case, Ore was an utter disaster with many innocent people arrested and reportedly several children unnecessarily removed from ordinary families). Adrian XX
  • Score: 4

10:50pm Wed 16 Jul 14

silkcut says...

Baysider wrote:
silkcut wrote:
Baysider wrote:
silkcut wrote:
Hobad1 wrote:
silkcut wrote:
What a coincidence!! Straight after the government rush through emergency snooping laws, the police kick off the latest wave of peado hysteria...

I guarantee you this will be 90% bulls**t, but we'll never find out because the NCA is exempt from FoI law!! So the ACTUAL number of people who end up convicted and for what we'll never find out. Except for what they claim, which will be spun out of all proportion..

And 431 children "saved"?? Do me a favour...

I can't believe people in this country are so gullible...
Analyse the figures as much as you want, but even if just 1 child is "saved", then it's worth every penny that has been spent on it.
But they're not being "saved"...

The biggest operation of this kind was operation "ore" over 10 years ago...That resulted in several thousands of prosecutions for downloading images but not ONE prosecution for a contact offence..

That's why the genuine child abusers like (supposedly) Jimmy Saville and Cyril Smith et al will continue...Because the police are obsessed with publicity stunts and easy busts like this from a warm office in front of a computer screen, instead of getting out there investigating the actual abusers...

I don't condone child abuse, but whipping up peado panic hysteria on the internet is going to harm more kids than it saves I promise you...
I don't believe there is any 'supposedly' about what Savile and Smith did, unless you think that their crimes were published as a publicity stunt too? There rest of your post is equally as flawed as Op Ore was a worldwide attack on internet users of this material not a direct attempt to 'save' children although this is of course a by product of locking up those prepared to create a market in this filth.
I've no idea what they did, and neither have you because they weren't investigated when they were alive, and neither will others be today as long as the police are obsessed with sitting in front of a computer looking for easy busts...

And neither is this latest publicity stunt a direct attempt to "save" children...It's exactly the same thing. And the 431 children they're claiming haven't been "saved" at all..

I guarantee you the vast majority will be the children of the people they've busted...Who've had their Father dawn raided and carted off and imprisoned and banned from having any contact with him purely because he might have had a bit of an internet **** habit (as have an AWFUL lot of people), but would never in any way had, or would, harm his kids...

Trust me, I saw it happen to someone I know a few years ago...Go forward and ask these children if they feel they've been "saved" in a few years time by this garbage? I know what the answer will be...And I also know that they won't be thanking you when they find they've grown up into a paranoid police state that they're parents slept walked into...

And if you want to stop a "market" you don't like, you go after the suppliers and the internet companies that are the couriers not the consumers, that's basic economics...But the police aren't too interested in that...

Think about it :)
Absolute utter rubbish and trying to suggest this material is on par with other 'mainstream' adult material is not doing your point of view any good whatsoever. I know of cases where arrests have been made because the officers who have the extremely unpleasant job of examining this stuff have been able to identify an address from it. And yes if those people who are using this material have their children removed then that's a child saved from the (high) risk of them being abused next. Drop your obvious anti-police agenda and be thankful that at least something is being done about a very difficult problem.
"and be thankful that at least something is being done about a very difficult problem."


But it's not is it?

Even the spin from these people put out elsewhere today state that this problem is now "an epidemic"...The internet watch foundation state that 1.5 million people in this country have seen what they claim is child p*rn on the internet...

If half of these people go on to commit contact offences. which is what the police claim with no credible evidence whatsoever, then that's 3/4's of a million child abusers at large that should be enough to get your peado alarm bells on overdrive...

It's utter garbage, the same as the "war on drugs" and terrorists everywhere is being used as an excuse to try and control something that the state is much more terrified of...

I haven't got a particular anti-police agenda, as they are a necessary evil when they do what they're were originally supposed to do, but I have got a brain and I can smell state sponsored bullsh*t when I read it...And I can also see what doesn't work

Carry on reading the Daily Mail and swallowing everything your told by these people if that makes you happy....Or you can open your eyes and think for yourself?
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]silkcut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]silkcut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hobad1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]silkcut[/bold] wrote: What a coincidence!! Straight after the government rush through emergency snooping laws, the police kick off the latest wave of peado hysteria... I guarantee you this will be 90% bulls**t, but we'll never find out because the NCA is exempt from FoI law!! So the ACTUAL number of people who end up convicted and for what we'll never find out. Except for what they claim, which will be spun out of all proportion.. And 431 children "saved"?? Do me a favour... I can't believe people in this country are so gullible...[/p][/quote]Analyse the figures as much as you want, but even if just 1 child is "saved", then it's worth every penny that has been spent on it.[/p][/quote]But they're not being "saved"... The biggest operation of this kind was operation "ore" over 10 years ago...That resulted in several thousands of prosecutions for downloading images but not ONE prosecution for a contact offence.. That's why the genuine child abusers like (supposedly) Jimmy Saville and Cyril Smith et al will continue...Because the police are obsessed with publicity stunts and easy busts like this from a warm office in front of a computer screen, instead of getting out there investigating the actual abusers... I don't condone child abuse, but whipping up peado panic hysteria on the internet is going to harm more kids than it saves I promise you...[/p][/quote]I don't believe there is any 'supposedly' about what Savile and Smith did, unless you think that their crimes were published as a publicity stunt too? There rest of your post is equally as flawed as Op Ore was a worldwide attack on internet users of this material not a direct attempt to 'save' children although this is of course a by product of locking up those prepared to create a market in this filth.[/p][/quote]I've no idea what they did, and neither have you because they weren't investigated when they were alive, and neither will others be today as long as the police are obsessed with sitting in front of a computer looking for easy busts... And neither is this latest publicity stunt a direct attempt to "save" children...It's exactly the same thing. And the 431 children they're claiming haven't been "saved" at all.. I guarantee you the vast majority will be the children of the people they've busted...Who've had their Father dawn raided and carted off and imprisoned and banned from having any contact with him purely because he might have had a bit of an internet **** habit (as have an AWFUL lot of people), but would never in any way had, or would, harm his kids... Trust me, I saw it happen to someone I know a few years ago...Go forward and ask these children if they feel they've been "saved" in a few years time by this garbage? I know what the answer will be...And I also know that they won't be thanking you when they find they've grown up into a paranoid police state that they're parents slept walked into... And if you want to stop a "market" you don't like, you go after the suppliers and the internet companies that are the couriers not the consumers, that's basic economics...But the police aren't too interested in that... Think about it :)[/p][/quote]Absolute utter rubbish and trying to suggest this material is on par with other 'mainstream' adult material is not doing your point of view any good whatsoever. I know of cases where arrests have been made because the officers who have the extremely unpleasant job of examining this stuff have been able to identify an address from it. And yes if those people who are using this material have their children removed then that's a child saved from the (high) risk of them being abused next. Drop your obvious anti-police agenda and be thankful that at least something is being done about a very difficult problem.[/p][/quote]"and be thankful that at least something is being done about a very difficult problem." But it's not is it? Even the spin from these people put out elsewhere today state that this problem is now "an epidemic"...The internet watch foundation state that 1.5 million people in this country have seen what they claim is child p*rn on the internet... If half of these people go on to commit contact offences. which is what the police claim with no credible evidence whatsoever, then that's 3/4's of a million child abusers at large that should be enough to get your peado alarm bells on overdrive... It's utter garbage, the same as the "war on drugs" and terrorists everywhere is being used as an excuse to try and control something that the state is much more terrified of... I haven't got a particular anti-police agenda, as they are a necessary evil when they do what they're were originally supposed to do, but I have got a brain and I can smell state sponsored bullsh*t when I read it...And I can also see what doesn't work Carry on reading the Daily Mail and swallowing everything your told by these people if that makes you happy....Or you can open your eyes and think for yourself? silkcut
  • Score: 0

10:51pm Wed 16 Jul 14

silkcut says...

"and be thankful that at least something is being done about a very difficult problem."


But it's not is it?

Even the spin from these people put out elsewhere today state that this problem is now "an epidemic"...The internet watch foundation state that 1.5 million people in this country have seen what they claim is child p*rn on the internet...

If half of these people go on to commit contact offences. which is what the police claim with no credible evidence whatsoever, then that's 3/4's of a million child abusers at large that should be enough to get your peado alarm bells on overdrive...

It's utter garbage, the same as the "war on drugs" and terrorists everywhere is being used as an excuse to try and control something that the state is much more terrified of...

I haven't got a particular anti-police agenda, as they are a necessary evil when they do what they're were originally supposed to do, but I have got a brain and I can smell state sponsored bullsh*t when I read it...And I can also see what doesn't work

Carry on reading the Daily Mail and swallowing everything your told by these people if that makes you happy....Or you can open your eyes and think for yourself?
"and be thankful that at least something is being done about a very difficult problem." But it's not is it? Even the spin from these people put out elsewhere today state that this problem is now "an epidemic"...The internet watch foundation state that 1.5 million people in this country have seen what they claim is child p*rn on the internet... If half of these people go on to commit contact offences. which is what the police claim with no credible evidence whatsoever, then that's 3/4's of a million child abusers at large that should be enough to get your peado alarm bells on overdrive... It's utter garbage, the same as the "war on drugs" and terrorists everywhere is being used as an excuse to try and control something that the state is much more terrified of... I haven't got a particular anti-police agenda, as they are a necessary evil when they do what they're were originally supposed to do, but I have got a brain and I can smell state sponsored bullsh*t when I read it...And I can also see what doesn't work Carry on reading the Daily Mail and swallowing everything your told by these people if that makes you happy....Or you can open your eyes and think for yourself? silkcut
  • Score: 0

11:09pm Wed 16 Jul 14

silkcut says...

Adrian XX wrote:
Baysider wrote:
silkcut wrote:
Baysider wrote:
silkcut wrote:
Hobad1 wrote:
silkcut wrote:
What a coincidence!! Straight after the government rush through emergency snooping laws, the police kick off the latest wave of peado hysteria...

I guarantee you this will be 90% bulls**t, but we'll never find out because the NCA is exempt from FoI law!! So the ACTUAL number of people who end up convicted and for what we'll never find out. Except for what they claim, which will be spun out of all proportion..

And 431 children "saved"?? Do me a favour...

I can't believe people in this country are so gullible...
Analyse the figures as much as you want, but even if just 1 child is "saved", then it's worth every penny that has been spent on it.
But they're not being "saved"...

The biggest operation of this kind was operation "ore" over 10 years ago...That resulted in several thousands of prosecutions for downloading images but not ONE prosecution for a contact offence..

That's why the genuine child abusers like (supposedly) Jimmy Saville and Cyril Smith et al will continue...Because the police are obsessed with publicity stunts and easy busts like this from a warm office in front of a computer screen, instead of getting out there investigating the actual abusers...

I don't condone child abuse, but whipping up peado panic hysteria on the internet is going to harm more kids than it saves I promise you...
I don't believe there is any 'supposedly' about what Savile and Smith did, unless you think that their crimes were published as a publicity stunt too? There rest of your post is equally as flawed as Op Ore was a worldwide attack on internet users of this material not a direct attempt to 'save' children although this is of course a by product of locking up those prepared to create a market in this filth.
I've no idea what they did, and neither have you because they weren't investigated when they were alive, and neither will others be today as long as the police are obsessed with sitting in front of a computer looking for easy busts...

And neither is this latest publicity stunt a direct attempt to "save" children...It's exactly the same thing. And the 431 children they're claiming haven't been "saved" at all..

I guarantee you the vast majority will be the children of the people they've busted...Who've had their Father dawn raided and carted off and imprisoned and banned from having any contact with him purely because he might have had a bit of an internet **** habit (as have an AWFUL lot of people), but would never in any way had, or would, harm his kids...

Trust me, I saw it happen to someone I know a few years ago...Go forward and ask these children if they feel they've been "saved" in a few years time by this garbage? I know what the answer will be...And I also know that they won't be thanking you when they find they've grown up into a paranoid police state that they're parents slept walked into...

And if you want to stop a "market" you don't like, you go after the suppliers and the internet companies that are the couriers not the consumers, that's basic economics...But the police aren't too interested in that...

Think about it :)
Absolute utter rubbish and trying to suggest this material is on par with other 'mainstream' adult material is not doing your point of view any good whatsoever. I know of cases where arrests have been made because the officers who have the extremely unpleasant job of examining this stuff have been able to identify an address from it. And yes if those people who are using this material have their children removed then that's a child saved from the (high) risk of them being abused next. Drop your obvious anti-police agenda and be thankful that at least something is being done about a very difficult problem.
I know of cases where arrests have been made because the officers who have the extremely unpleasant job of examining this stuff have been able to identify an address from it. And yes if those people who are using this material have their children removed then that's a child saved from the (high) risk of them being abused next.

I wouldn't mind knowing what these cases are since I doubt they happen very often if ever in this country. And where is the evidence of those using this material becoming abusers? We need evidence of this connection, not mass-hysteria.

And the point about Ore is that you would hope that with such a large number of arrests at least some producers would be arrested, but that was not the case. (in any case, Ore was an utter disaster with many innocent people arrested and reportedly several children unnecessarily removed from ordinary families).
(in any case, Ore was an utter disaster with many innocent people arrested and reportedly several children unnecessarily removed from ordinary families).


It was more than several!!

By definition it was all of them seeing as they never managed to ever get a bust for anyone actually abusing children despite their desperate trawling....The guy I know and his family were put through hell by these opportunistic chancers, on no other basis than they recovered a few pictures of children amongst a load of pictures of adult p*rn when they ran their spyware on his computer...

His kids are now pretty much grown up, and I know they certainly don't feel that they were saved by this farce...And this latest witchhunt sounds like it is just a repeat of the same....
[quote][p][bold]Adrian XX[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]silkcut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]silkcut[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Hobad1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]silkcut[/bold] wrote: What a coincidence!! Straight after the government rush through emergency snooping laws, the police kick off the latest wave of peado hysteria... I guarantee you this will be 90% bulls**t, but we'll never find out because the NCA is exempt from FoI law!! So the ACTUAL number of people who end up convicted and for what we'll never find out. Except for what they claim, which will be spun out of all proportion.. And 431 children "saved"?? Do me a favour... I can't believe people in this country are so gullible...[/p][/quote]Analyse the figures as much as you want, but even if just 1 child is "saved", then it's worth every penny that has been spent on it.[/p][/quote]But they're not being "saved"... The biggest operation of this kind was operation "ore" over 10 years ago...That resulted in several thousands of prosecutions for downloading images but not ONE prosecution for a contact offence.. That's why the genuine child abusers like (supposedly) Jimmy Saville and Cyril Smith et al will continue...Because the police are obsessed with publicity stunts and easy busts like this from a warm office in front of a computer screen, instead of getting out there investigating the actual abusers... I don't condone child abuse, but whipping up peado panic hysteria on the internet is going to harm more kids than it saves I promise you...[/p][/quote]I don't believe there is any 'supposedly' about what Savile and Smith did, unless you think that their crimes were published as a publicity stunt too? There rest of your post is equally as flawed as Op Ore was a worldwide attack on internet users of this material not a direct attempt to 'save' children although this is of course a by product of locking up those prepared to create a market in this filth.[/p][/quote]I've no idea what they did, and neither have you because they weren't investigated when they were alive, and neither will others be today as long as the police are obsessed with sitting in front of a computer looking for easy busts... And neither is this latest publicity stunt a direct attempt to "save" children...It's exactly the same thing. And the 431 children they're claiming haven't been "saved" at all.. I guarantee you the vast majority will be the children of the people they've busted...Who've had their Father dawn raided and carted off and imprisoned and banned from having any contact with him purely because he might have had a bit of an internet **** habit (as have an AWFUL lot of people), but would never in any way had, or would, harm his kids... Trust me, I saw it happen to someone I know a few years ago...Go forward and ask these children if they feel they've been "saved" in a few years time by this garbage? I know what the answer will be...And I also know that they won't be thanking you when they find they've grown up into a paranoid police state that they're parents slept walked into... And if you want to stop a "market" you don't like, you go after the suppliers and the internet companies that are the couriers not the consumers, that's basic economics...But the police aren't too interested in that... Think about it :)[/p][/quote]Absolute utter rubbish and trying to suggest this material is on par with other 'mainstream' adult material is not doing your point of view any good whatsoever. I know of cases where arrests have been made because the officers who have the extremely unpleasant job of examining this stuff have been able to identify an address from it. And yes if those people who are using this material have their children removed then that's a child saved from the (high) risk of them being abused next. Drop your obvious anti-police agenda and be thankful that at least something is being done about a very difficult problem.[/p][/quote][quote]I know of cases where arrests have been made because the officers who have the extremely unpleasant job of examining this stuff have been able to identify an address from it. And yes if those people who are using this material have their children removed then that's a child saved from the (high) risk of them being abused next.[/quote] I wouldn't mind knowing what these cases are since I doubt they happen very often if ever in this country. And where is the evidence of those using this material becoming abusers? We need evidence of this connection, not mass-hysteria. And the point about Ore is that you would hope that with such a large number of arrests at least some producers would be arrested, but that was not the case. (in any case, Ore was an utter disaster with many innocent people arrested and reportedly several children unnecessarily removed from ordinary families).[/p][/quote](in any case, Ore was an utter disaster with many innocent people arrested and reportedly several children unnecessarily removed from ordinary families). It was more than several!! By definition it was all of them seeing as they never managed to ever get a bust for anyone actually abusing children despite their desperate trawling....The guy I know and his family were put through hell by these opportunistic chancers, on no other basis than they recovered a few pictures of children amongst a load of pictures of adult p*rn when they ran their spyware on his computer... His kids are now pretty much grown up, and I know they certainly don't feel that they were saved by this farce...And this latest witchhunt sounds like it is just a repeat of the same.... silkcut
  • Score: 3

11:15pm Wed 16 Jul 14

rozmister says...

Adrian XX wrote:
Being sexually abused as a child is one of the most horrific things somebody can go through, any operation that helps protect the vulnerable from evil is great in my book. Why you think money should be diverted away from stopping paedophiles to allow people to remain in homes that are bigger than their needs is beyond me!!

I completely agree that child sexual abuse is a horrific crime, but this campaign is not mainly about child sexual abuse and prosecuting a few "downloaders" (the one's stupid enough to get caught) does not do anything to prevent the original crime. The problem is that the demand will always be there - paedophile tendencies seem to be natural in a small percentage of the population (perhaps 5%) and while the demand for images remains high, child abuse will not stop. We have not won the "war on drugs" and we are not likely to win the war on child **** either with the current approach. Encryption technology gets better and better and there are emergent semi-anonymous global digital currencies which are easy to get hold of for cash on the street. (see localbitcoins.com for example). Encryption will not get worse and digital currencies are not going to go away. The solution to the problem can only be to reduce demand. We perhaps need a study to see if people with an predisposition to paedophilia can actually be helped to overcome their addiction.
I think a study into what motivates paedophilia would be really beneficial if for no other reason than it could help shape future policy. That doesn't change the fact though that right now that person is looking at child **** and statistically pretty likely to act on those feelings eventually (is it 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 child **** users that end up actually attacking children). Should they go into mainstream prison? Probably not. Should they be arrested? Yes, a secure unit is the safest place for someone in the throws of a compulsion to enjoy watching children being abused.

Whether they personally abused the child or they watch/view images of someone else doing it the bottom line is a child somewhere had to be sexually abused for them to get their thrills and that's not something a civilised society can ever turn a blind eye to.
[quote][p][bold]Adrian XX[/bold] wrote: [quote]Being sexually abused as a child is one of the most horrific things somebody can go through, any operation that helps protect the vulnerable from evil is great in my book. Why you think money should be diverted away from stopping paedophiles to allow people to remain in homes that are bigger than their needs is beyond me!![/quote] I completely agree that child sexual abuse is a horrific crime, but this campaign is not mainly about child sexual abuse and prosecuting a few "downloaders" (the one's stupid enough to get caught) does not do anything to prevent the original crime. The problem is that the demand will always be there - paedophile tendencies seem to be natural in a small percentage of the population (perhaps 5%) and while the demand for images remains high, child abuse will not stop. We have not won the "war on drugs" and we are not likely to win the war on child **** either with the current approach. Encryption technology gets better and better and there are emergent semi-anonymous global digital currencies which are easy to get hold of for cash on the street. (see localbitcoins.com for example). Encryption will not get worse and digital currencies are not going to go away. The solution to the problem can only be to reduce demand. We perhaps need a study to see if people with an predisposition to paedophilia can actually be helped to overcome their addiction.[/p][/quote]I think a study into what motivates paedophilia would be really beneficial if for no other reason than it could help shape future policy. That doesn't change the fact though that right now that person is looking at child **** and statistically pretty likely to act on those feelings eventually (is it 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 child **** users that end up actually attacking children). Should they go into mainstream prison? Probably not. Should they be arrested? Yes, a secure unit is the safest place for someone in the throws of a compulsion to enjoy watching children being abused. Whether they personally abused the child or they watch/view images of someone else doing it the bottom line is a child somewhere had to be sexually abused for them to get their thrills and that's not something a civilised society can ever turn a blind eye to. rozmister
  • Score: 3

11:31pm Wed 16 Jul 14

silkcut says...

rozmister wrote:
Adrian XX wrote:
Being sexually abused as a child is one of the most horrific things somebody can go through, any operation that helps protect the vulnerable from evil is great in my book. Why you think money should be diverted away from stopping paedophiles to allow people to remain in homes that are bigger than their needs is beyond me!!

I completely agree that child sexual abuse is a horrific crime, but this campaign is not mainly about child sexual abuse and prosecuting a few "downloaders" (the one's stupid enough to get caught) does not do anything to prevent the original crime. The problem is that the demand will always be there - paedophile tendencies seem to be natural in a small percentage of the population (perhaps 5%) and while the demand for images remains high, child abuse will not stop. We have not won the "war on drugs" and we are not likely to win the war on child **** either with the current approach. Encryption technology gets better and better and there are emergent semi-anonymous global digital currencies which are easy to get hold of for cash on the street. (see localbitcoins.com for example). Encryption will not get worse and digital currencies are not going to go away. The solution to the problem can only be to reduce demand. We perhaps need a study to see if people with an predisposition to paedophilia can actually be helped to overcome their addiction.
I think a study into what motivates paedophilia would be really beneficial if for no other reason than it could help shape future policy. That doesn't change the fact though that right now that person is looking at child **** and statistically pretty likely to act on those feelings eventually (is it 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 child **** users that end up actually attacking children). Should they go into mainstream prison? Probably not. Should they be arrested? Yes, a secure unit is the safest place for someone in the throws of a compulsion to enjoy watching children being abused.

Whether they personally abused the child or they watch/view images of someone else doing it the bottom line is a child somewhere had to be sexually abused for them to get their thrills and that's not something a civilised society can ever turn a blind eye to.
I completely agree with you...But the problem is that's not who they're busting in the vast majority of these cases. But if the police get the slightest excuse to forensically examine anyones 'puter and find a picture that's long ago been deleted amongst a load of adult ****, then they'll charge and spin it to death that they're "capturing paedophiles"...

With regard to the statistics you quote, that is utter rubbish put out by the police...As I said, the largest operation ever into this type of offending resulted in thousands of arrests but not one conviction for a contact offence...That's the hard evidence.

So how anyone can swallow this utterly fictitious statistic is completely beyond me, and if the police were more honest about it and stopped trying to constantly spin everything to try and justify themselves, then we might start to go someway to solving it....
[quote][p][bold]rozmister[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Adrian XX[/bold] wrote: [quote]Being sexually abused as a child is one of the most horrific things somebody can go through, any operation that helps protect the vulnerable from evil is great in my book. Why you think money should be diverted away from stopping paedophiles to allow people to remain in homes that are bigger than their needs is beyond me!![/quote] I completely agree that child sexual abuse is a horrific crime, but this campaign is not mainly about child sexual abuse and prosecuting a few "downloaders" (the one's stupid enough to get caught) does not do anything to prevent the original crime. The problem is that the demand will always be there - paedophile tendencies seem to be natural in a small percentage of the population (perhaps 5%) and while the demand for images remains high, child abuse will not stop. We have not won the "war on drugs" and we are not likely to win the war on child **** either with the current approach. Encryption technology gets better and better and there are emergent semi-anonymous global digital currencies which are easy to get hold of for cash on the street. (see localbitcoins.com for example). Encryption will not get worse and digital currencies are not going to go away. The solution to the problem can only be to reduce demand. We perhaps need a study to see if people with an predisposition to paedophilia can actually be helped to overcome their addiction.[/p][/quote]I think a study into what motivates paedophilia would be really beneficial if for no other reason than it could help shape future policy. That doesn't change the fact though that right now that person is looking at child **** and statistically pretty likely to act on those feelings eventually (is it 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 child **** users that end up actually attacking children). Should they go into mainstream prison? Probably not. Should they be arrested? Yes, a secure unit is the safest place for someone in the throws of a compulsion to enjoy watching children being abused. Whether they personally abused the child or they watch/view images of someone else doing it the bottom line is a child somewhere had to be sexually abused for them to get their thrills and that's not something a civilised society can ever turn a blind eye to.[/p][/quote]I completely agree with you...But the problem is that's not who they're busting in the vast majority of these cases. But if the police get the slightest excuse to forensically examine anyones 'puter and find a picture that's long ago been deleted amongst a load of adult ****, then they'll charge and spin it to death that they're "capturing paedophiles"... With regard to the statistics you quote, that is utter rubbish put out by the police...As I said, the largest operation ever into this type of offending resulted in thousands of arrests but not one conviction for a contact offence...That's the hard evidence. So how anyone can swallow this utterly fictitious statistic is completely beyond me, and if the police were more honest about it and stopped trying to constantly spin everything to try and justify themselves, then we might start to go someway to solving it.... silkcut
  • Score: 4

11:46pm Wed 16 Jul 14

a.g.o.g. says...

It is relative poverty in the main that makes a child vulnerable to abuse of this kind and what we should be doing is making as sure as we can that none of them come from within our shores as it would appear that there are far too many potential abusers for us to deal wth sensibly -
like with drugs you cut out the dealer if you cut off the supply and with him the other victim user of the unowot.
It is relative poverty in the main that makes a child vulnerable to abuse of this kind and what we should be doing is making as sure as we can that none of them come from within our shores as it would appear that there are far too many potential abusers for us to deal wth sensibly - like with drugs you cut out the dealer if you cut off the supply and with him the other victim user of the unowot. a.g.o.g.
  • Score: -1

2:08am Thu 17 Jul 14

Wageslave says...

a.g.o.g. wrote:
All very laudable of course and therefore safely beyond direct criticism, but some might ask whether this operation is being funded courtesy of the savings arguably made out of those ever-tightening Benifits Provisions and/or Bedroom Tax Deductions which further disaffect the lives of far more already severely disadvantaged to near the point of being institutuionally abused children HERE IN THE UK, or, if not, whether that money, or a similar amount indeed, could not be spent to better their circumstances too.
What could be better than the savings made off benefit scroungers (parasites) being spent to catch these vile scumbags
[quote][p][bold]a.g.o.g.[/bold] wrote: All very laudable of course and therefore safely beyond direct criticism, but some might ask whether this operation is being funded courtesy of the savings arguably made out of those ever-tightening Benifits Provisions and/or Bedroom Tax Deductions which further disaffect the lives of far more already severely disadvantaged to near the point of being institutuionally abused children HERE IN THE UK, or, if not, whether that money, or a similar amount indeed, could not be spent to better their circumstances too.[/p][/quote]What could be better than the savings made off benefit scroungers (parasites) being spent to catch these vile scumbags Wageslave
  • Score: 2

2:12am Thu 17 Jul 14

Wageslave says...

MrDMan wrote:
Gingertree wrote:
Names Addresses Pictures
Perhaps wait until they're found guilty.
Why wait, all the celebs were named even those not eventually charged
[quote][p][bold]MrDMan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gingertree[/bold] wrote: Names Addresses Pictures[/p][/quote]Perhaps wait until they're found guilty.[/p][/quote]Why wait, all the celebs were named even those not eventually charged Wageslave
  • Score: 0

2:15am Thu 17 Jul 14

Wageslave says...

Adrian XX wrote:
Being sexually abused as a child is one of the most horrific things somebody can go through, any operation that helps protect the vulnerable from evil is great in my book. Why you think money should be diverted away from stopping paedophiles to allow people to remain in homes that are bigger than their needs is beyond me!!

I completely agree that child sexual abuse is a horrific crime, but this campaign is not mainly about child sexual abuse and prosecuting a few "downloaders" (the one's stupid enough to get caught) does not do anything to prevent the original crime. The problem is that the demand will always be there - paedophile tendencies seem to be natural in a small percentage of the population (perhaps 5%) and while the demand for images remains high, child abuse will not stop. We have not won the "war on drugs" and we are not likely to win the war on child **** either with the current approach. Encryption technology gets better and better and there are emergent semi-anonymous global digital currencies which are easy to get hold of for cash on the street. (see localbitcoins.com for example). Encryption will not get worse and digital currencies are not going to go away. The solution to the problem can only be to reduce demand. We perhaps need a study to see if people with an predisposition to paedophilia can actually be helped to overcome their addiction.
By using the two bricks method.
[quote][p][bold]Adrian XX[/bold] wrote: [quote]Being sexually abused as a child is one of the most horrific things somebody can go through, any operation that helps protect the vulnerable from evil is great in my book. Why you think money should be diverted away from stopping paedophiles to allow people to remain in homes that are bigger than their needs is beyond me!![/quote] I completely agree that child sexual abuse is a horrific crime, but this campaign is not mainly about child sexual abuse and prosecuting a few "downloaders" (the one's stupid enough to get caught) does not do anything to prevent the original crime. The problem is that the demand will always be there - paedophile tendencies seem to be natural in a small percentage of the population (perhaps 5%) and while the demand for images remains high, child abuse will not stop. We have not won the "war on drugs" and we are not likely to win the war on child **** either with the current approach. Encryption technology gets better and better and there are emergent semi-anonymous global digital currencies which are easy to get hold of for cash on the street. (see localbitcoins.com for example). Encryption will not get worse and digital currencies are not going to go away. The solution to the problem can only be to reduce demand. We perhaps need a study to see if people with an predisposition to paedophilia can actually be helped to overcome their addiction.[/p][/quote]By using the two bricks method. Wageslave
  • Score: -3

11:29am Thu 17 Jul 14

a.g.o.g. says...

Wageslave wrote:
Adrian XX wrote:
Being sexually abused as a child is one of the most horrific things somebody can go through, any operation that helps protect the vulnerable from evil is great in my book. Why you think money should be diverted away from stopping paedophiles to allow people to remain in homes that are bigger than their needs is beyond me!!

I completely agree that child sexual abuse is a horrific crime, but this campaign is not mainly about child sexual abuse and prosecuting a few "downloaders" (the one's stupid enough to get caught) does not do anything to prevent the original crime. The problem is that the demand will always be there - paedophile tendencies seem to be natural in a small percentage of the population (perhaps 5%) and while the demand for images remains high, child abuse will not stop. We have not won the "war on drugs" and we are not likely to win the war on child **** either with the current approach. Encryption technology gets better and better and there are emergent semi-anonymous global digital currencies which are easy to get hold of for cash on the street. (see localbitcoins.com for example). Encryption will not get worse and digital currencies are not going to go away. The solution to the problem can only be to reduce demand. We perhaps need a study to see if people with an predisposition to paedophilia can actually be helped to overcome their addiction.
By using the two bricks method.
perhaps you would care to demonstrate the technique
[quote][p][bold]Wageslave[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Adrian XX[/bold] wrote: [quote]Being sexually abused as a child is one of the most horrific things somebody can go through, any operation that helps protect the vulnerable from evil is great in my book. Why you think money should be diverted away from stopping paedophiles to allow people to remain in homes that are bigger than their needs is beyond me!![/quote] I completely agree that child sexual abuse is a horrific crime, but this campaign is not mainly about child sexual abuse and prosecuting a few "downloaders" (the one's stupid enough to get caught) does not do anything to prevent the original crime. The problem is that the demand will always be there - paedophile tendencies seem to be natural in a small percentage of the population (perhaps 5%) and while the demand for images remains high, child abuse will not stop. We have not won the "war on drugs" and we are not likely to win the war on child **** either with the current approach. Encryption technology gets better and better and there are emergent semi-anonymous global digital currencies which are easy to get hold of for cash on the street. (see localbitcoins.com for example). Encryption will not get worse and digital currencies are not going to go away. The solution to the problem can only be to reduce demand. We perhaps need a study to see if people with an predisposition to paedophilia can actually be helped to overcome their addiction.[/p][/quote]By using the two bricks method.[/p][/quote]perhaps you would care to demonstrate the technique a.g.o.g.
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree