Man charged over alleged attempted robbery at Bournemouth Hospital

Attempted robbery at hospital

Attempted robbery at hospital

First published in News
Last updated
by

POLICE officers were called to the Royal Bournemouth Hospital on Monday after an alleged attempted robbery at the WH Smith shop in the foyer.

It is alleged a man approached the till at around 12.30pm and threatened a member of staff with a metal bar before leaving the shop empty handed.

No-one was injured in the incident.

A spokesperson for the hospital said shop staff remained calm and handled the incident well.

She said they were now looking to see if there were any other security measures they could put in place.

Dorset Police said a 40-year-old Bournemouth man had been charged in conjunction with the incident.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree