Discarded cigarette causes fire outside flats

Discarded cigarette causes fire outside flats

Discarded cigarette causes fire outside flats

First published in News

A DISCARDED cigarette caused a fire outside flats in Turlin Moor last night.

Fire fighters from Poole and Hamworthy attended Junction Road at 7.30pm and used one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire, which had caused damage to an overflow pipe, door panel and window unit.

A spokesman for Dorset Police said fire fighters will return to the area today to give fire safety advice.

Comments (3)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:02am Mon 14 Jul 14

Controversial But True says...

Discarded cigarette in Turlin Moor? Better try Napalm next time!
Discarded cigarette in Turlin Moor? Better try Napalm next time! Controversial But True
  • Score: 9

10:23am Mon 14 Jul 14

we-shall-see says...

I hope the person who discarded it will be sent a bill for the damage. With the block full of families and children, it could have been a disaster!

Put your fags out properly and don't litter our streets with the butt ends FGS!
I hope the person who discarded it will be sent a bill for the damage. With the block full of families and children, it could have been a disaster! Put your fags out properly and don't litter our streets with the butt ends FGS! we-shall-see
  • Score: 5

3:16am Tue 15 Jul 14

portia6 says...

Ashes to ashes and dust to dust its all going up in smoke ! Maybe doing
a steam train impression as its near the station.
Ashes to ashes and dust to dust its all going up in smoke ! Maybe doing a steam train impression as its near the station. portia6
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree