Bourne Free, Swanage Jazz Festival and Sandbanks beach polo - the weekend in Dorset
The 10th Bourne Free Festival continues on Saturday with a parade starting at 11am from the centre of Bournemouth, stalls in the Lower Gardens from 12.30pm to 4.30pm, plus performances by Mischa B, Damage and Kimberley Wyatt from the Pussycat Dolls. On Sunday the local Metropolitan Community Church provide an open air service for all between 12noon and 2pm.
- Over 50 acts are lined-up to play the Swanage Jazz Festival which takes place at various venues throughout the town until Sunday.
- Corfe Castle will be taking part in the national Festival of Archaeology, which kicks off on Saturday.
- The 14th Grooves on the Green Festival takes place in Ashley Cross on Saturday and Sunday.
- There will be floats galore on Saturday when Upton Carnival takes place.
- Hundreds of swimmers will take part in Bournemouth Pier To Pier Swim on Sunday.
- Thailand comes to Christchurch on Saturday and Sunday with the Amazing Thailand Festival.
- Upton Carnival takes place on Saturday, with the procession starting at Factory Road at 1pm.
- The Asahi British Beach Polo Championships return to Sandbanks on Friday and Saturday.
- Wacky racers will be taking part in the British Pedal Car Grand Prix in Ringwood on Sunday.
- More than 250 people will take part in the Brownsea Island swim on Sunday.
- Dorset’s famous Seafood Festival takes place in Weymouth this weekend.
- Hundreds of people are expected to line the streets of Wareham on Sunday for this year’s carnival procession.
- Take part in our coverage by using the hashtag #bmthsummer