- Teachers, firefighters, council workers and civil servants are among those taking part in today's public sector strike.
- A number of schools are closed or partially open today across Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, East Dorset and Purbeck.
- Many council services are set to be disrupted by the one-day walkout with trade unionists set to protest outside the Local Government Association conference in Bournemouth.
- Bournemouth's council leader John Beesley had criticised the strike and said there would have to be more job losses if higher pay was approved nationally.
- Refuse and recycling collections are suspended in Poole today and residents have been advised not to put their bins out
- Firefighters are on strike until 7pm tonight