Fire crews called to Park Road, Swanage, after blaze starts in bedroom

Bournemouth Echo: Warning after smoking materials start fire Warning after smoking materials start fire

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a third floor flat in Swanage this morning, after smoke was spotted coming from the building.

Upon arrival, two fire crews – one from Swanage and one from Wareham – tackled a small fire in a bedroom.

Dorset Fire & Rescue Service (DFRS) say it was caused by discarded smoking materials.

No-one was injured and fire damage was confined to a bed, a small patch of carpet and floor boards.

However, the remainder of the property sustained smoke damage.

The drama occurred around 8.40am in Park Road.

A DFRS spokesman said: “If you are a smoker keep matches and lighters out of the reach of children, preferably in a high cupboard or drawer.

"Do not smoke in bed but if you do, ensure that all smoking materials are extinguished before you fall asleep.”

Comments

Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree