Christchurch Festival, Sandbanks Beach Volleyball Festival and a roller derby - the weekend in Dorset
Christchurch Festival continues all weekend
- On Saturday, a dinosaur-themed roller derby extravaganza will see Severn Roller Torrent take on Surrey Roller Girls. The Dorset Roller Girls face Plymouth City Roller Girls.
- Queens Park Academy is turning its school fair into a country show complete with WI judged backing, farmers market and bird of prey display on Saturday between 11am - 3pm.
- Burton's annual Scout carnival takes place on Saturday.
- A 6ft x 15ft ramp will be set up in the Dolphin Centre this weekend to showcase bmx-ing and skateboarding.
- A six-a-side football tournament and fun day for the British Heart Foundation is being held in memory of 48-year-old Gary Chirnside on Saturday at Upton Rec.
- Some of the finest locally produced food and drink in the area will be showcased at Corfe Castle over Saturday and Sunday,
- The largest Junior Beach Volleyball Festival takes place at Sandbanks from 9.30am till 6pm on Saturday and Sunday and entry is free.
- Hundreds of cyclists will take to the roads around the county on Sunday for the 26th annual Macmillan Dorset Bike Ride.
- Meyrick Park and Oakmeadians RFC will play host to the O2 touch rugby event involving roughly 250 people - one of the biggest of its type in the country. Action starts at 10.30am on Saturday.
- A fun day is being held at Orchard Nursery in Kinson to raise money for the Megan Smile charity and the nursery on Saturday.