Firefighters were called to Mount Pleasant, East Lulworth, on Wednesday afternoon

Electrical fault thought to be behind thatch blaze

Electrical fault thought to be behind thatch blaze

First published in News by

A BLAZE that wrecked a stable block may have been caused by an electrical fault, said a spokesman for Dorset Fire and Rescue.

The flames took hold at Mount Pleasant in East Lulworth just before 4pm yesterday and multiple fire crews were needed to bring it under control.

The stable block was destroyed and a nearby property suffered 60 per cent fire damage and water damage.

Crews from Poole, Wareham, Swanage, Weymouth and Hamworthy, along with a water carrier, attended with fire fighters using breathing apparatus and hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree