Fire crews from Springbourne and Westbourne called to the prom at Branksome beach, Poole

Beach shop damaged by fire

Beach shop damaged by fire

First published in News

A SHOP unit was left damaged after a fire started in a freezer early this morning.

Firefighters from Westbourne and Springbourne were sent to the prom at Branksome at 2.30am.

Wearing breathing apparatus, they forced entry in to the unit and put out the flames.

The incident was over by 3.20am.

A spokesman for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said that the fire was thought to have started thanks to an electrical fault in a freezer.

Two freezers were left damaged, while the shop itself suffered heat and smoke damage.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:10am Wed 25 Jun 14

BIGTONE says...

A spokesman for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said that the fire was thought to have started thanks to an electrical fault in a freezer.

Did they shake hands with the freezer for keeping them in a job?

Too many ice creams and lollies in and out.
It went into meltdown...
A spokesman for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said that the fire was thought to have started thanks to an electrical fault in a freezer. Did they shake hands with the freezer for keeping them in a job? Too many ice creams and lollies in and out. It went into meltdown... BIGTONE
  • Score: 3

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree