THREE people were arrested after a man was stabbed in Boscombe.
Police investigated two properties after the 41-year-old from Bournemouth was attacked in Christchurch Road, Boscombe, late on Monday night.
He was left with superficial wounds and two men and a woman were arrested.
The men, a 28-year-old and a 44-year-old, remain in custody.
A 46-year-old woman was released without charge.
The force confirmed that it was called to the scene at Fernwood Court, Christchurch Road, shortly before midnight to reports of the attack.
This morning forensics officers continued to carry out investigations at the scene.
A security guard was standing outside the property and another was based in the neighbouring block of flats.
Police later confirmed it was carrying out investigations at both locations in connection with the incident.
A spokesperson for South West Ambulance Service confirmed it received a call at 11.58pm and a male casualty was taken to Poole Hospital for treatment.
Boscombe ward councillor Jane Kelly said the incident was upsetting and that police had gone on a special patrol to reassure people who live nearby.
One resident of the block neighbouring Fernwood Court, who did not want to be named, said her children had been woken by the commotion in the night.
She added: “We saw the police, it woke my two kids in the middle of the night and was frightening for them.”
Another resident from the neighbouring block, who also did not want to be named, said she had seen the flashing blue lights late at night and the police had carried out door-to-door inquiries.
Safety reassurances from community leaders after spate of crime in Boscombe
COMMUNITY leaders in Boscombe have reassured residents that the area is “still safe” after the spate of crime on Monday night.
Ward councillor Phil Stanley-Watts said it was particularly disappointing to hear of these developments given the recent efforts to regenerate the area.
“It is very, very sad these events have happened here,” he added.
“There is no place for these people in Boscombe.
“There are a lot of very friendly people here, a lot of different cultures, shops and the beach has been packed out.
“I can assure people that police are doing all they can. Boscombe is one of the most policed areas in Dorset.
“I still feel Boscombe is a safe place. I live here and would never live anywhere else. Everybody is so friendly. That is the tragedy of these events.”
Cllr Jane Kelly said: “I think the first thing to say is that they are isolated incidents and not symptomatic of something breaking out.
“These things happen all over the place, all of the time. When it happens in Boscombe everyone throws up their arms.”
Cllr Chris Wakefield praised the quick police response to both incidents but stressed they were isolated incidents.
“It is very worrying these happened almost concurrently,” he added.
“I hope the injured man makes a full recovery.”