BOURNEMOUTH University’s Festival of Learning returns next week with more than 150 free activities and events on offer to the public.
Now in its second year, the week-long festival, which will run from June 9 to June 15, is expected to attract thousands of visitors to the town.
This year’s jam-packed programme includes a variety of workshops, debates and presentations at the university’s Talbot and Lansdowne campuses.
On Tuesday, June 10, more than 150 people are expected to attend a summit about poverty in the local community at Talbot Campus between 9am and 4pm.
Other highlights include a talk at Hengistbury Head about the history of the area on Tuesday afternoon and a psychological thriller, which is being performed at Talbot campus on Wednesday at 7pm.
Themes for this year’s activities and events include food and drink, families and children, tomorrow’s world, technology, sport and business development.
Bournemouth University’s vice-chancellor professor John Vinney said: “Whether you’re part of a business, interested in the latest technological developments, looking for something different to do with the family, or are simply inspired by learning new things, there’s something for everyone.”
Festival of Learning events are open to all.
To find out more, or to book a place at an event, visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/fol or email email@example.com
- Monday, June 9, 6pm to 7pm: Out of the Blue: A quirky take on fish ‘n’ chips: Find out how to create delicious and sustainable local fish dishes.
- Tuesday, June 10, 10am to 12.30pm: Time walkers: Discover the hidden history beneath Hengistbury Head.
- Tuesday, June 10, 7pm: Wheelchair Basketball workshops with top coach Michael Dronyk.
- Wednesday, June 11, 7pm to 9pm: The Murder Wife: A gripping psychological thriller about a suburban housewife married to a serial killer.
- Sunday, June 15, 10am to 4pm: Head to Bioblitz at Studland Nature Reserve to explore and identify the wildlife, with expert-led activities including pond-dipping.
- Friday, June 13, 6pm to 7pm: Digesting Diets: Chewing Through the Choices event: Assess popular diet trends and see if and how they work.