Safety patrol officers recruited at Boscombe Sovereign Centre to reassure shoppers after stabbing at 99p store

Bournemouth Echo: SECURITY BOOST:  The scene of the Sovereign Centre stabbing earlier this month SECURITY BOOST: The scene of the Sovereign Centre stabbing earlier this month

SECURITY in Boscombe is being stepped-up after a member of staff at the 99p store was stabbed inside the Sovereign Shopping Centre.

Following the attack, which took place earlier this month, two new community safety patrol officers have been recruited in a bid to bring reassurance to shoppers, staff and visitors.

The officers, who will work alongside Dorset Police, will be funded by the Recession Fund – money given to the Coastal Business Improvement District by Bournemouth Borough Council to support local businesses during the economic downturn.

Peter Ruscoe, the newly appointed manager at the Sovereign Centre, said: “The new officers will patrol the precinct and the centre, increasing security, supporting shoppers and reinforcing peace of mind.”

Following calls for increased police patrols in Boscombe, Dorset Police has reiterated its commitment to maintaining a strong presence in the area.

Bournemouth East Neighbourhood Inspector Chris Weeks said: “Boscombe is one of Dorset’s most patrolled areas with its own dedicated safer neighbourhood team.

“To compliment this, we have recently introduced the police box where officers conduct community engagement and short patrols of the immediate area.”

He added: “The officer on police box duty at the time of the Sovereign Centre incident was first on the scene to render emergency first aid, detain the man and coordinate crime scene preservation.”

Mr Weeks said it is hoped additional community safety patrol officers, which have already begun their training, will start next month.

MAN CHARGED

RAJESHWAR Bhinder from Bournemouth has been charged with grievous bodily harm and possession of an offensive weapon in connection with the stabbing at the Sovereign Shopping Centre.

The 45-year-old, of Walpole Road in Boscombe, appeared at Bournemouth Crown Court on Friday, May 16.

The case was adjourned until July 11. Bhinder was remanded in custody.

CRIME RATES LOWERING

LAST year saw the lowest crime rates in Boscombe for the past five years with an overall reduction of 10 per cent, Dorset Police has revealed.

Statistics show there were 500 fewer crimes in the area compared to the previous year.

However police say they are continuing to battle problems with drug dealing in the area.

Inspector Weeks said: “One of our main focuses locally is that we still face challenges in relation to on-street drug dealing.

“I urge members of the community to call us or engage with the officers on the police box to inform us of any suspicions they may have in relation to this unacceptable criminal activity.”

Comments (27)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:31am Sat 31 May 14

politicaltrainspotter says...

So you think this is a good advert for Boscombe ? Lets look at the line up. Police, PCSO's Community Support Officers and Neighbourhood Wardens all in one area while other neighbourhoods struggle to see their own beat officer.

At a meeting for the area around Asda,St Pauls, it seemed by the Inspectors comment and for the record this was not Insp Weeks that the ongoing issues were not a priority.
So the police box is a priority but not to get 'egg on their size 18 boots' officers have come in from Ferndown to man the box as well as other members of different SNT area's.
I think this Inspector was more interested in towing the corporate line and hoping to get another pip on his shoulder.

If stepping up security is an improvement then think again.
So you think this is a good advert for Boscombe ? Lets look at the line up. Police, PCSO's Community Support Officers and Neighbourhood Wardens all in one area while other neighbourhoods struggle to see their own beat officer. At a meeting for the area around Asda,St Pauls, it seemed by the Inspectors comment and for the record this was not Insp Weeks that the ongoing issues were not a priority. So the police box is a priority but not to get 'egg on their size 18 boots' officers have come in from Ferndown to man the box as well as other members of different SNT area's. I think this Inspector was more interested in towing the corporate line and hoping to get another pip on his shoulder. If stepping up security is an improvement then think again. politicaltrainspotter
  • Score: 12

9:44am Sat 31 May 14

Huey says...

All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily.
Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away.
But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this.
Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks.
Shame as the area has great potential.
All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily. Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away. But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this. Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks. Shame as the area has great potential. Huey
  • Score: 31

9:54am Sat 31 May 14

Hessenford says...

Two new community safety patrol officers, a couple of cardboard cutouts, well I'm sure that all the drunks and druggies will take notice of them.
There's been the same old rhetoric from the same old knobheads over recent years about the regeneration of Boscombe, well I've seen none of it yet unless of course you count the revamped Cresant, that's really made a difference.
It's not pretend policemen you need in there it's Judge Dredd.
Two new community safety patrol officers, a couple of cardboard cutouts, well I'm sure that all the drunks and druggies will take notice of them. There's been the same old rhetoric from the same old knobheads over recent years about the regeneration of Boscombe, well I've seen none of it yet unless of course you count the revamped Cresant, that's really made a difference. It's not pretend policemen you need in there it's Judge Dredd. Hessenford
  • Score: 18

10:14am Sat 31 May 14

Azphreal says...

So basically after we ask for the police to patrol we get two civilians to wander around,how does that make people feel safe? Notice they managed to talk about the box twice and what is a 'short patrol'?
So basically after we ask for the police to patrol we get two civilians to wander around,how does that make people feel safe? Notice they managed to talk about the box twice and what is a 'short patrol'? Azphreal
  • Score: 14

10:27am Sat 31 May 14

Hessenford says...

LAST year saw the lowest crime rates in Boscombe for the past five years with an overall reduction of 10 per cent, Dorset Police has revealed. .
.
That should read, "lowest reported crime of the past five years", bit of a difference.
LAST year saw the lowest crime rates in Boscombe for the past five years with an overall reduction of 10 per cent, Dorset Police has revealed. . . That should read, "lowest reported crime of the past five years", bit of a difference. Hessenford
  • Score: 15

12:10pm Sat 31 May 14

muscliffman says...

Huey wrote:
All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily.
Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away.
But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this.
Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks.
Shame as the area has great potential.
An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse.

Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation.

If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?
[quote][p][bold]Huey[/bold] wrote: All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily. Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away. But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this. Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks. Shame as the area has great potential.[/p][/quote]An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse. Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation. If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it? muscliffman
  • Score: 16

4:02pm Sat 31 May 14

blackdog1 says...

It's full of rehab/bail hostels/ clean houses/bedsits etc etc! There are so many scumbags walking around,Boscombe is never going to be a nice place until all these wasters are moved on! The other day we were in a Jewellers at the far end of Boscombe and while inside saw through the window a women wrapped in a blanket shouting at the Police while a dirty bloke was urinating in the shop doorway! .......Welcome to Boscombe?...........
It's full of rehab/bail hostels/ clean houses/bedsits etc etc! There are so many scumbags walking around,Boscombe is never going to be a nice place until all these wasters are moved on! The other day we were in a Jewellers at the far end of Boscombe and while inside saw through the window a women wrapped in a blanket shouting at the Police while a dirty bloke was urinating in the shop doorway! .......Welcome to Boscombe?........... blackdog1
  • Score: 10

4:35pm Sat 31 May 14

Lord Spring says...

With a name like that did he really come from Bournemouth
With a name like that did he really come from Bournemouth Lord Spring
  • Score: 1

4:53pm Sat 31 May 14

bosco1 says...

With all the "trying to clean up Boscombe" any chance of getting forces down to the St Pauls /Asda area now and again.? Drunks ...beggars and all the misfits out on the streets. The station area says it all sitting on the wall outside asda, drunk on the floor in the subways. Welcome to Bournemouth. I guess most visitors have seen enough before they even attempt to go into Boscombe.!!
With all the "trying to clean up Boscombe" any chance of getting forces down to the St Pauls /Asda area now and again.? Drunks ...beggars and all the misfits out on the streets. The station area says it all sitting on the wall outside asda, drunk on the floor in the subways. Welcome to Bournemouth. I guess most visitors have seen enough before they even attempt to go into Boscombe.!! bosco1
  • Score: 9

5:10pm Sat 31 May 14

cromwell9 says...

While we are in the EU,It will never be sorted out .
Anyway Lib/LAB/CON,havent the balls to do anything about it.
While we are in the EU,It will never be sorted out . Anyway Lib/LAB/CON,havent the balls to do anything about it. cromwell9
  • Score: 4

5:13pm Sat 31 May 14

Turtlebay says...

RAJESHWAR Bhinder has been charged ...

Good English name that! -not

Anyone else noticed that all the nasty unpleasant crimes (stabbings, drugs, murders) down here are committed by people with non English names?

The solution seems obvious!
RAJESHWAR Bhinder has been charged ... Good English name that! -not Anyone else noticed that all the nasty unpleasant crimes (stabbings, drugs, murders) down here are committed by people with non English names? The solution seems obvious! Turtlebay
  • Score: 1

8:54pm Sat 31 May 14

garethwatkins says...

Turtlebay wrote:
RAJESHWAR Bhinder has been charged ...

Good English name that! -not

Anyone else noticed that all the nasty unpleasant crimes (stabbings, drugs, murders) down here are committed by people with non English names?

The solution seems obvious!
Nasty unpleasant crimes?
So the following nice and pleasant crimes are ok then as they are committed by people with good "english names"?.....
Marc Foot, flasher
Perry Whewell, escaped convict
David Farrow and Phillip Willis, burglary whilst high on class b drugs
Andrew and Peter Stapleton and Mark Shaw, conspiracy to robbery...
Sorry....what exactly is obvious?
[quote][p][bold]Turtlebay[/bold] wrote: RAJESHWAR Bhinder has been charged ... Good English name that! -not Anyone else noticed that all the nasty unpleasant crimes (stabbings, drugs, murders) down here are committed by people with non English names? The solution seems obvious![/p][/quote]Nasty unpleasant crimes? So the following nice and pleasant crimes are ok then as they are committed by people with good "english names"?..... Marc Foot, flasher Perry Whewell, escaped convict David Farrow and Phillip Willis, burglary whilst high on class b drugs Andrew and Peter Stapleton and Mark Shaw, conspiracy to robbery... Sorry....what exactly is obvious? garethwatkins
  • Score: 4

10:45pm Sat 31 May 14

Baysider says...

Turtlebay wrote:
RAJESHWAR Bhinder has been charged ...

Good English name that! -not

Anyone else noticed that all the nasty unpleasant crimes (stabbings, drugs, murders) down here are committed by people with non English names?

The solution seems obvious!
Absolute undiluted racist rubbish. Now let me guess who you voted for recently...
[quote][p][bold]Turtlebay[/bold] wrote: RAJESHWAR Bhinder has been charged ... Good English name that! -not Anyone else noticed that all the nasty unpleasant crimes (stabbings, drugs, murders) down here are committed by people with non English names? The solution seems obvious![/p][/quote]Absolute undiluted racist rubbish. Now let me guess who you voted for recently... Baysider
  • Score: -4

10:49pm Sat 31 May 14

Baysider says...

muscliffman wrote:
Huey wrote:
All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily.
Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away.
But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this.
Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks.
Shame as the area has great potential.
An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse.

Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation.

If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?
What are you saying then Muzzy old chap? Are you suggesting some people in positions of power are on the take yet again? Got any evidence or are you just flapping your gums again???
[quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Huey[/bold] wrote: All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily. Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away. But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this. Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks. Shame as the area has great potential.[/p][/quote]An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse. Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation. If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?[/p][/quote]What are you saying then Muzzy old chap? Are you suggesting some people in positions of power are on the take yet again? Got any evidence or are you just flapping your gums again??? Baysider
  • Score: -5

10:57pm Sat 31 May 14

Baysider says...

cromwell9 wrote:
While we are in the EU,It will never be sorted out .
Anyway Lib/LAB/CON,havent the balls to do anything about it.
What's UKIP policy on social housing? Drug rehabilitation? Anything???

Your persistent pushing of UKIP as the answer to all our problems when in fact they offer zero substantial, costed, remotely feasible solutions is embarrassing.
[quote][p][bold]cromwell9[/bold] wrote: While we are in the EU,It will never be sorted out . Anyway Lib/LAB/CON,havent the balls to do anything about it.[/p][/quote]What's UKIP policy on social housing? Drug rehabilitation? Anything??? Your persistent pushing of UKIP as the answer to all our problems when in fact they offer zero substantial, costed, remotely feasible solutions is embarrassing. Baysider
  • Score: -1

11:00pm Sat 31 May 14

Baysider says...

Lord Spring wrote:
With a name like that did he really come from Bournemouth
...and another racist UKIP supporter.

Keep it up, mugs like you will soon show UKIP up for it's true roots.
[quote][p][bold]Lord Spring[/bold] wrote: With a name like that did he really come from Bournemouth[/p][/quote]...and another racist UKIP supporter. Keep it up, mugs like you will soon show UKIP up for it's true roots. Baysider
  • Score: -2

11:46pm Sat 31 May 14

JemBmth says...

Baysider wrote:
muscliffman wrote:
Huey wrote:
All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily.
Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away.
But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this.
Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks.
Shame as the area has great potential.
An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse.

Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation.

If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?
What are you saying then Muzzy old chap? Are you suggesting some people in positions of power are on the take yet again? Got any evidence or are you just flapping your gums again???
I like Muzzy, he speaks a lot of sense most of the time!
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Huey[/bold] wrote: All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily. Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away. But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this. Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks. Shame as the area has great potential.[/p][/quote]An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse. Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation. If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?[/p][/quote]What are you saying then Muzzy old chap? Are you suggesting some people in positions of power are on the take yet again? Got any evidence or are you just flapping your gums again???[/p][/quote]I like Muzzy, he speaks a lot of sense most of the time! JemBmth
  • Score: 4

12:05am Sun 1 Jun 14

Sir Beachy Head says...

English crimes for English people. Even Gordon Brown would agree with that.

I'm very happy for all foreign criminals to be able to commit the most terrible crimes as long as they stay in their own country to do it. It's only fair.
We don't want or need them here.
English crimes for English people. Even Gordon Brown would agree with that. I'm very happy for all foreign criminals to be able to commit the most terrible crimes as long as they stay in their own country to do it. It's only fair. We don't want or need them here. Sir Beachy Head
  • Score: 6

10:04am Sun 1 Jun 14

Baysider says...

Sir Beachy Head wrote:
English crimes for English people. Even Gordon Brown would agree with that.

I'm very happy for all foreign criminals to be able to commit the most terrible crimes as long as they stay in their own country to do it. It's only fair.
We don't want or need them here.
Brilliant! Beachy Heads trolling gets the thumbs up and my posts challenging overtly racist posts get thumbs down...Echo readers you never fail to disappoint. Lol.
[quote][p][bold]Sir Beachy Head[/bold] wrote: English crimes for English people. Even Gordon Brown would agree with that. I'm very happy for all foreign criminals to be able to commit the most terrible crimes as long as they stay in their own country to do it. It's only fair. We don't want or need them here.[/p][/quote]Brilliant! Beachy Heads trolling gets the thumbs up and my posts challenging overtly racist posts get thumbs down...Echo readers you never fail to disappoint. Lol. Baysider
  • Score: 0

10:08am Sun 1 Jun 14

Baysider says...

JemBmth wrote:
Baysider wrote:
muscliffman wrote:
Huey wrote:
All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily.
Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away.
But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this.
Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks.
Shame as the area has great potential.
An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse.

Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation.

If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?
What are you saying then Muzzy old chap? Are you suggesting some people in positions of power are on the take yet again? Got any evidence or are you just flapping your gums again???
I like Muzzy, he speaks a lot of sense most of the time!
Substitute 'reactionary, biased, ignorant old rubbish' for 'sense' and I would agree with you.
[quote][p][bold]JemBmth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Huey[/bold] wrote: All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily. Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away. But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this. Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks. Shame as the area has great potential.[/p][/quote]An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse. Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation. If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?[/p][/quote]What are you saying then Muzzy old chap? Are you suggesting some people in positions of power are on the take yet again? Got any evidence or are you just flapping your gums again???[/p][/quote]I like Muzzy, he speaks a lot of sense most of the time![/p][/quote]Substitute 'reactionary, biased, ignorant old rubbish' for 'sense' and I would agree with you. Baysider
  • Score: -2

11:11am Sun 1 Jun 14

muscliffman says...

Baysider wrote:
muscliffman wrote:
Huey wrote:
All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily.
Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away.
But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this.
Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks.
Shame as the area has great potential.
An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse.

Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation.

If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?
What are you saying then Muzzy old chap? Are you suggesting some people in positions of power are on the take yet again? Got any evidence or are you just flapping your gums again???
Well 'Bazzy' old extremely lefty bean, if my not so ancient old gums are flapping at least my views are coming out the right end unlike............
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Huey[/bold] wrote: All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily. Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away. But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this. Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks. Shame as the area has great potential.[/p][/quote]An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse. Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation. If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?[/p][/quote]What are you saying then Muzzy old chap? Are you suggesting some people in positions of power are on the take yet again? Got any evidence or are you just flapping your gums again???[/p][/quote]Well 'Bazzy' old extremely lefty bean, if my not so ancient old gums are flapping at least my views are coming out the right end unlike............ muscliffman
  • Score: 0

11:49am Sun 1 Jun 14

Baysider says...

muscliffman wrote:
Baysider wrote:
muscliffman wrote:
Huey wrote:
All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily.
Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away.
But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this.
Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks.
Shame as the area has great potential.
An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse.

Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation.

If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?
What are you saying then Muzzy old chap? Are you suggesting some people in positions of power are on the take yet again? Got any evidence or are you just flapping your gums again???
Well 'Bazzy' old extremely lefty bean, if my not so ancient old gums are flapping at least my views are coming out the right end unlike............
Ha, ha nice riposte Muzzy (Bazzy doesn't really scan btw...)

Fact is I'm far from extremely lefty as my posting history shows - there are many subjects such as the environment and law and order which I have right of centre views. I was for example one if the very few defending the new Tory mayor yesterday, hardly the actions of a extreme lefty!

Unlike yourself and many, many others on here who seem incapable of thinking about an issue in an independent, open minded way free of following their right wing dogma my views change with the facts of the issue. You should try it some time.

Now, where's your answer to my question as to what actual evidence you have that the Boscome 'issue' is driven by self interested and/or corrupt councillors or officers?
[quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Huey[/bold] wrote: All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily. Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away. But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this. Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks. Shame as the area has great potential.[/p][/quote]An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse. Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation. If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?[/p][/quote]What are you saying then Muzzy old chap? Are you suggesting some people in positions of power are on the take yet again? Got any evidence or are you just flapping your gums again???[/p][/quote]Well 'Bazzy' old extremely lefty bean, if my not so ancient old gums are flapping at least my views are coming out the right end unlike............[/p][/quote]Ha, ha nice riposte Muzzy (Bazzy doesn't really scan btw...) Fact is I'm far from extremely lefty as my posting history shows - there are many subjects such as the environment and law and order which I have right of centre views. I was for example one if the very few defending the new Tory mayor yesterday, hardly the actions of a extreme lefty! Unlike yourself and many, many others on here who seem incapable of thinking about an issue in an independent, open minded way free of following their right wing dogma my views change with the facts of the issue. You should try it some time. Now, where's your answer to my question as to what actual evidence you have that the Boscome 'issue' is driven by self interested and/or corrupt councillors or officers? Baysider
  • Score: 2

12:39pm Sun 1 Jun 14

muscliffman says...

Baysider wrote:
muscliffman wrote:
Baysider wrote:
muscliffman wrote:
Huey wrote:
All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily.
Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away.
But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this.
Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks.
Shame as the area has great potential.
An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse.

Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation.

If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?
What are you saying then Muzzy old chap? Are you suggesting some people in positions of power are on the take yet again? Got any evidence or are you just flapping your gums again???
Well 'Bazzy' old extremely lefty bean, if my not so ancient old gums are flapping at least my views are coming out the right end unlike............
Ha, ha nice riposte Muzzy (Bazzy doesn't really scan btw...)

Fact is I'm far from extremely lefty as my posting history shows - there are many subjects such as the environment and law and order which I have right of centre views. I was for example one if the very few defending the new Tory mayor yesterday, hardly the actions of a extreme lefty!

Unlike yourself and many, many others on here who seem incapable of thinking about an issue in an independent, open minded way free of following their right wing dogma my views change with the facts of the issue. You should try it some time.

Now, where's your answer to my question as to what actual evidence you have that the Boscome 'issue' is driven by self interested and/or corrupt councillors or officers?
Boring detail but I didn't say "the Boscombe 'issue' is driven by self interested and/or corrupt councillors or officers?" only YOU just did. I suggested there were simply influences - so we have to wonder why you are being much more specific!

Also follow the clues when you say "Unlike yourself and many, many others on here...." because it's called majority opinion and it usually prevails because it's the right one.
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Huey[/bold] wrote: All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily. Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away. But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this. Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks. Shame as the area has great potential.[/p][/quote]An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse. Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation. If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?[/p][/quote]What are you saying then Muzzy old chap? Are you suggesting some people in positions of power are on the take yet again? Got any evidence or are you just flapping your gums again???[/p][/quote]Well 'Bazzy' old extremely lefty bean, if my not so ancient old gums are flapping at least my views are coming out the right end unlike............[/p][/quote]Ha, ha nice riposte Muzzy (Bazzy doesn't really scan btw...) Fact is I'm far from extremely lefty as my posting history shows - there are many subjects such as the environment and law and order which I have right of centre views. I was for example one if the very few defending the new Tory mayor yesterday, hardly the actions of a extreme lefty! Unlike yourself and many, many others on here who seem incapable of thinking about an issue in an independent, open minded way free of following their right wing dogma my views change with the facts of the issue. You should try it some time. Now, where's your answer to my question as to what actual evidence you have that the Boscome 'issue' is driven by self interested and/or corrupt councillors or officers?[/p][/quote]Boring detail but I didn't say "the Boscombe 'issue' is driven by self interested and/or corrupt councillors or officers?" only YOU just did. I suggested there were simply influences - so we have to wonder why you are being much more specific! Also follow the clues when you say "Unlike yourself and many, many others on here...." because it's called majority opinion and it usually prevails because it's the right one. muscliffman
  • Score: -3

2:03pm Sun 1 Jun 14

Baysider says...

muscliffman wrote:
Baysider wrote:
muscliffman wrote:
Baysider wrote:
muscliffman wrote:
Huey wrote:
All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily.
Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away.
But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this.
Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks.
Shame as the area has great potential.
An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse.

Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation.

If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?
What are you saying then Muzzy old chap? Are you suggesting some people in positions of power are on the take yet again? Got any evidence or are you just flapping your gums again???
Well 'Bazzy' old extremely lefty bean, if my not so ancient old gums are flapping at least my views are coming out the right end unlike............
Ha, ha nice riposte Muzzy (Bazzy doesn't really scan btw...)

Fact is I'm far from extremely lefty as my posting history shows - there are many subjects such as the environment and law and order which I have right of centre views. I was for example one if the very few defending the new Tory mayor yesterday, hardly the actions of a extreme lefty!

Unlike yourself and many, many others on here who seem incapable of thinking about an issue in an independent, open minded way free of following their right wing dogma my views change with the facts of the issue. You should try it some time.

Now, where's your answer to my question as to what actual evidence you have that the Boscome 'issue' is driven by self interested and/or corrupt councillors or officers?
Boring detail but I didn't say "the Boscombe 'issue' is driven by self interested and/or corrupt councillors or officers?" only YOU just did. I suggested there were simply influences - so we have to wonder why you are being much more specific!

Also follow the clues when you say "Unlike yourself and many, many others on here...." because it's called majority opinion and it usually prevails because it's the right one.
I'll ask again, where's your evidence of this 'money talking' in 'high places' in order to ensue these 'influences'* get their own way please Muzzy?

*...psst we all know who your referring to btw but I note you didn't have the courage in your views being non libelous not to name them did you.
[quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Huey[/bold] wrote: All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily. Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away. But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this. Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks. Shame as the area has great potential.[/p][/quote]An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse. Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation. If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?[/p][/quote]What are you saying then Muzzy old chap? Are you suggesting some people in positions of power are on the take yet again? Got any evidence or are you just flapping your gums again???[/p][/quote]Well 'Bazzy' old extremely lefty bean, if my not so ancient old gums are flapping at least my views are coming out the right end unlike............[/p][/quote]Ha, ha nice riposte Muzzy (Bazzy doesn't really scan btw...) Fact is I'm far from extremely lefty as my posting history shows - there are many subjects such as the environment and law and order which I have right of centre views. I was for example one if the very few defending the new Tory mayor yesterday, hardly the actions of a extreme lefty! Unlike yourself and many, many others on here who seem incapable of thinking about an issue in an independent, open minded way free of following their right wing dogma my views change with the facts of the issue. You should try it some time. Now, where's your answer to my question as to what actual evidence you have that the Boscome 'issue' is driven by self interested and/or corrupt councillors or officers?[/p][/quote]Boring detail but I didn't say "the Boscombe 'issue' is driven by self interested and/or corrupt councillors or officers?" only YOU just did. I suggested there were simply influences - so we have to wonder why you are being much more specific! Also follow the clues when you say "Unlike yourself and many, many others on here...." because it's called majority opinion and it usually prevails because it's the right one.[/p][/quote]I'll ask again, where's your evidence of this 'money talking' in 'high places' in order to ensue these 'influences'* get their own way please Muzzy? *...psst we all know who your referring to btw but I note you didn't have the courage in your views being non libelous not to name them did you. Baysider
  • Score: 6

5:54pm Sun 1 Jun 14

Baysider says...

Baysider wrote:
muscliffman wrote:
Baysider wrote:
muscliffman wrote:
Baysider wrote:
muscliffman wrote:
Huey wrote:
All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily.
Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away.
But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this.
Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks.
Shame as the area has great potential.
An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse.

Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation.

If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?
What are you saying then Muzzy old chap? Are you suggesting some people in positions of power are on the take yet again? Got any evidence or are you just flapping your gums again???
Well 'Bazzy' old extremely lefty bean, if my not so ancient old gums are flapping at least my views are coming out the right end unlike............
Ha, ha nice riposte Muzzy (Bazzy doesn't really scan btw...)

Fact is I'm far from extremely lefty as my posting history shows - there are many subjects such as the environment and law and order which I have right of centre views. I was for example one if the very few defending the new Tory mayor yesterday, hardly the actions of a extreme lefty!

Unlike yourself and many, many others on here who seem incapable of thinking about an issue in an independent, open minded way free of following their right wing dogma my views change with the facts of the issue. You should try it some time.

Now, where's your answer to my question as to what actual evidence you have that the Boscome 'issue' is driven by self interested and/or corrupt councillors or officers?
Boring detail but I didn't say "the Boscombe 'issue' is driven by self interested and/or corrupt councillors or officers?" only YOU just did. I suggested there were simply influences - so we have to wonder why you are being much more specific!

Also follow the clues when you say "Unlike yourself and many, many others on here...." because it's called majority opinion and it usually prevails because it's the right one.
I'll ask again, where's your evidence of this 'money talking' in 'high places' in order to ensue these 'influences'* get their own way please Muzzy?

*...psst we all know who your referring to btw but I note you didn't have the courage in your views being non libelous not to name them did you.
Yeah, thought not. Much like UKIP Muzzy's full of hot air and throw away, groundless accusations against people or groups of people but has nothing of any substance to back it up.
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Huey[/bold] wrote: All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily. Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away. But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this. Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks. Shame as the area has great potential.[/p][/quote]An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse. Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation. If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?[/p][/quote]What are you saying then Muzzy old chap? Are you suggesting some people in positions of power are on the take yet again? Got any evidence or are you just flapping your gums again???[/p][/quote]Well 'Bazzy' old extremely lefty bean, if my not so ancient old gums are flapping at least my views are coming out the right end unlike............[/p][/quote]Ha, ha nice riposte Muzzy (Bazzy doesn't really scan btw...) Fact is I'm far from extremely lefty as my posting history shows - there are many subjects such as the environment and law and order which I have right of centre views. I was for example one if the very few defending the new Tory mayor yesterday, hardly the actions of a extreme lefty! Unlike yourself and many, many others on here who seem incapable of thinking about an issue in an independent, open minded way free of following their right wing dogma my views change with the facts of the issue. You should try it some time. Now, where's your answer to my question as to what actual evidence you have that the Boscome 'issue' is driven by self interested and/or corrupt councillors or officers?[/p][/quote]Boring detail but I didn't say "the Boscombe 'issue' is driven by self interested and/or corrupt councillors or officers?" only YOU just did. I suggested there were simply influences - so we have to wonder why you are being much more specific! Also follow the clues when you say "Unlike yourself and many, many others on here...." because it's called majority opinion and it usually prevails because it's the right one.[/p][/quote]I'll ask again, where's your evidence of this 'money talking' in 'high places' in order to ensue these 'influences'* get their own way please Muzzy? *...psst we all know who your referring to btw but I note you didn't have the courage in your views being non libelous not to name them did you.[/p][/quote]Yeah, thought not. Much like UKIP Muzzy's full of hot air and throw away, groundless accusations against people or groups of people but has nothing of any substance to back it up. Baysider
  • Score: 3

10:17pm Sun 1 Jun 14

stevobath says...

muscliffman wrote:
Baysider wrote:
muscliffman wrote:
Baysider wrote:
muscliffman wrote:
Huey wrote:
All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily.
Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away.
But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this.
Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks.
Shame as the area has great potential.
An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse.

Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation.

If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?
What are you saying then Muzzy old chap? Are you suggesting some people in positions of power are on the take yet again? Got any evidence or are you just flapping your gums again???
Well 'Bazzy' old extremely lefty bean, if my not so ancient old gums are flapping at least my views are coming out the right end unlike............
Ha, ha nice riposte Muzzy (Bazzy doesn't really scan btw...)

Fact is I'm far from extremely lefty as my posting history shows - there are many subjects such as the environment and law and order which I have right of centre views. I was for example one if the very few defending the new Tory mayor yesterday, hardly the actions of a extreme lefty!

Unlike yourself and many, many others on here who seem incapable of thinking about an issue in an independent, open minded way free of following their right wing dogma my views change with the facts of the issue. You should try it some time.

Now, where's your answer to my question as to what actual evidence you have that the Boscome 'issue' is driven by self interested and/or corrupt councillors or officers?
Boring detail but I didn't say "the Boscombe 'issue' is driven by self interested and/or corrupt councillors or officers?" only YOU just did. I suggested there were simply influences - so we have to wonder why you are being much more specific!

Also follow the clues when you say "Unlike yourself and many, many others on here...." because it's called majority opinion and it usually prevails because it's the right one.
Majority opinion is the right one?

Rubbish.
[quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Huey[/bold] wrote: All the endless talk of regeneration and patrols is pointless guff, the problem is all the rehab centres and flophouses in the area. These places contain large numbers of scrotes who pour out onto the streets daily. Until the council gets rid of these places or evenly distributes them around the town, the problems will never ever go away. But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems. Much easier to talk about stuff and spend other peoples cash than do anything concrete to improve the area, the police box being an excellent example of this. Until then the powers that be will carry on dumping human rubbish in Boscombe and then wondering why it stinks. Shame as the area has great potential.[/p][/quote]An awful lot of people have realised that when you say "But no one has the balls or the power to do this it seems" that this is NOT in fact the case - it's far worse. Money talks - particularly in high places - and there is far too much of it yelling in one way or another at those who could make a positive difference in this area to leave Boscombe alone, because these 'influences' are doing very well indeed out of the current degradation. If there were a will there would be a way, Boscombe could be sorted out quite quickly by the Authorities if they really wanted to, so where is that will - because for years we have seen absolutely no meaningful evidence of it?[/p][/quote]What are you saying then Muzzy old chap? Are you suggesting some people in positions of power are on the take yet again? Got any evidence or are you just flapping your gums again???[/p][/quote]Well 'Bazzy' old extremely lefty bean, if my not so ancient old gums are flapping at least my views are coming out the right end unlike............[/p][/quote]Ha, ha nice riposte Muzzy (Bazzy doesn't really scan btw...) Fact is I'm far from extremely lefty as my posting history shows - there are many subjects such as the environment and law and order which I have right of centre views. I was for example one if the very few defending the new Tory mayor yesterday, hardly the actions of a extreme lefty! Unlike yourself and many, many others on here who seem incapable of thinking about an issue in an independent, open minded way free of following their right wing dogma my views change with the facts of the issue. You should try it some time. Now, where's your answer to my question as to what actual evidence you have that the Boscome 'issue' is driven by self interested and/or corrupt councillors or officers?[/p][/quote]Boring detail but I didn't say "the Boscombe 'issue' is driven by self interested and/or corrupt councillors or officers?" only YOU just did. I suggested there were simply influences - so we have to wonder why you are being much more specific! Also follow the clues when you say "Unlike yourself and many, many others on here...." because it's called majority opinion and it usually prevails because it's the right one.[/p][/quote]Majority opinion is the right one? Rubbish. stevobath
  • Score: 3

2:02pm Mon 2 Jun 14

guisselle says...

Unfortunately the loudest and the pushiest people get their own way at the
expense of the meek. Lets hope things will change in Boscombe and peace
will reign.
Unfortunately the loudest and the pushiest people get their own way at the expense of the meek. Lets hope things will change in Boscombe and peace will reign. guisselle
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree