Christchurch residents confine fire after blaze starts in Purewell kitchen

Quick-thinking residents praised by fire service

Quick-thinking residents praised by fire service

First published in News by , Chief Reporter

THE fire service has praised the actions of the occupiers of a home in Purewell this evening after a fire started in a kitchen.

Crews from Christchurch were sent to the property at 7.06pm after a pan of fat left under a grill caught light when the grill was turned on instead of the oven by mistake.

A spokesman for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said: “The occupiers were very lucky, as they smelled the smoke even before the smoke detectors actuated.

“The occupiers' swift actions in calling the fire service immediately and leaving the kitchen and closing the doors meant that the damage was confined to the cooker and the kitchen.”

Although the cooker itself suffered moderate fire damage, the kitchen escaped with light smoke damage, the spokesman added.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree