Court summons served on travellers at Hamworthy Park in Poole

Bournemouth Echo: SERVED: Travellers  on Hamworthy Park SERVED: Travellers on Hamworthy Park

OFFICIALS have served a court summons on the travellers currently occupying Hamworthy Park in Poole.

There are eight caravans and one motorhome at the makeshift site, and Borough of Poole will go back to court this afternoon as part of the legal process to have them removed.

Poole council’s regulatory services manager Peter Haikin said: “If an eviction order is granted, the travellers will have 24 hours to vacate the site.

“We are continuing to gather the evidence required to start the legal process for the unauthorised encampment at Turlin Moor Recreation Ground. In the meantime we can confirm that one caravan has now left this site.”

This leaves two caravans and one motorhome on the recreation ground car park.

Both sets of travellers moved on to their respective sites on Sunday evening, prompting criticism from residents at the ease they accessed the open spaces.

However, Cllr Xena Dion, Portfolio Holder for a Prosperous and Sustainable Poole, said: “We have this every year and we manage it every year.

“There are a small number of residents are extremely angry about the travellers being here, but the facts of the matter are that we manage the sites very well, with minimum violence and confrontation.

“They are real people and real human beings and we need to treat them courteously, as they always move on peacefully when asked to do so.”

Describing the issue as an “emotive” one, county crime commissioner Martyn Underhill explained: “Agencies are tied by the law Parliament sets, and that is why I have long campaigned across Dorset for every authority to have temporary stopping sites.

“These give the police more power to move on unauthorised sites. I have met with Government twice this year and I am working with local MPs to lobby for a review of the law.”

Meanwhile, Hamworthy ward councillor and deputy Borough of Poole leader, Cllr Mike White, said of the attempt to find a temporary transit site over the winter: “We gave it our best shot.”

Two sites at Marshes End and Oakdale went to the planning committee and were thrown out.

Cllr White added: “People felt for various reasons they weren’t quite the right sites. I do not think we will find a suitable temporary or transit site anywhere in Poole.

“We have to work with our neighbours and we need a change in government legislation.”

The councillor insists Borough of Poole will continue pressing for a change in the law so that a joint site with Bournemouth and Dorset would be possible.

Comments (42)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:32am Wed 21 May 14

BIGTONE says...

Where next?
There always seems a severe lack of Intel as to where they are/going/heading.
Where next? There always seems a severe lack of Intel as to where they are/going/heading. BIGTONE
  • Score: 8

7:01am Wed 21 May 14

JustForPoole says...

I have never read to much rubbish in my life .... they do cause problems wherever they go ... ask the locals, the local pubs and the the local shops. It is their behaviour that riles the local community ... along with the fact they pay nothing towards their holiday ... the local community do!!!! Welcome back Underhill ...crawled out from your hiding hole at last ... now do something for your wages???
I have never read to much rubbish in my life .... they do cause problems wherever they go ... ask the locals, the local pubs and the the local shops. It is their behaviour that riles the local community ... along with the fact they pay nothing towards their holiday ... the local community do!!!! Welcome back Underhill ...crawled out from your hiding hole at last ... now do something for your wages??? JustForPoole
  • Score: 33

7:11am Wed 21 May 14

shaft says...

Cllr XD - they may be real people etc but they are braking the law? invading peoples space causing residents who pay their hard earned taxes anxiety and concern because the travellers are just allowed to arrive setup camp while the council play hot potato on these issues every year directing the problem else where moving these people from an unauthorised site to another which seems to be justified by comments of we manage it every year with minimum violence and confrontation, no resident should have to feel anxiety each year just because they live near a rec that is a possible target for travellers. There are many Farm lands and farmers that would be willing to rent a patch of land each year.
Cllr XD - they may be real people etc but they are braking the law? invading peoples space causing residents who pay their hard earned taxes anxiety and concern because the travellers are just allowed to arrive setup camp while the council play hot potato on these issues every year directing the problem else where moving these people from an unauthorised site to another which seems to be justified by comments of we manage it every year with minimum violence and confrontation, no resident should have to feel anxiety each year just because they live near a rec that is a possible target for travellers. There are many Farm lands and farmers that would be willing to rent a patch of land each year. shaft
  • Score: 27

7:15am Wed 21 May 14

JustForPoole says...

shaft wrote:
Cllr XD - they may be real people etc but they are braking the law? invading peoples space causing residents who pay their hard earned taxes anxiety and concern because the travellers are just allowed to arrive setup camp while the council play hot potato on these issues every year directing the problem else where moving these people from an unauthorised site to another which seems to be justified by comments of we manage it every year with minimum violence and confrontation, no resident should have to feel anxiety each year just because they live near a rec that is a possible target for travellers. There are many Farm lands and farmers that would be willing to rent a patch of land each year.
Well said .... just about sums it up!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]shaft[/bold] wrote: Cllr XD - they may be real people etc but they are braking the law? invading peoples space causing residents who pay their hard earned taxes anxiety and concern because the travellers are just allowed to arrive setup camp while the council play hot potato on these issues every year directing the problem else where moving these people from an unauthorised site to another which seems to be justified by comments of we manage it every year with minimum violence and confrontation, no resident should have to feel anxiety each year just because they live near a rec that is a possible target for travellers. There are many Farm lands and farmers that would be willing to rent a patch of land each year.[/p][/quote]Well said .... just about sums it up!!!!! JustForPoole
  • Score: 13

7:20am Wed 21 May 14

ruprecht says...

Cllr Dion, it is not a small number of people that object to the travellers being here.. It is most of Poole! These people disrupt our lives, cause criminal damage, leave their rubbish behind and turn our parks into "no go" zones so don't deserve to be treated courteously.

Perhaps Cllr Dion would like to confront these travellers in person and courteously ask them to leave in person?
Cllr Dion, it is not a small number of people that object to the travellers being here.. It is most of Poole! These people disrupt our lives, cause criminal damage, leave their rubbish behind and turn our parks into "no go" zones so don't deserve to be treated courteously. Perhaps Cllr Dion would like to confront these travellers in person and courteously ask them to leave in person? ruprecht
  • Score: 36

7:29am Wed 21 May 14

we-shall-see says...

If, as Cllr Dion suggests, they are courteous etc, why were they allowing their dogs inside the children's fenced off play aware yesterday, with dog fouling evident? It is a NO GO zone for dogs and clearly stated on the fences and gates. The dogs were even in the paddling pool at one point!!

That pool and the grass will now be contaminated for our children, no longer safe for them to play free of the worry of going blind from dog poo and it's residue!

Courteous my ar*e :o/
If, as Cllr Dion suggests, they are courteous etc, why were they allowing their dogs inside the children's fenced off play aware yesterday, with dog fouling evident? It is a NO GO zone for dogs and clearly stated on the fences and gates. The dogs were even in the paddling pool at one point!! That pool and the grass will now be contaminated for our children, no longer safe for them to play free of the worry of going blind from dog poo and it's residue! Courteous my ar*e :o/ we-shall-see
  • Score: 27

8:01am Wed 21 May 14

djd says...

"they always move on courteously wen asked" says Councillor Xion.
Why do you have to apply for Court Orders then, Councillor ?????
"they always move on courteously wen asked" says Councillor Xion. Why do you have to apply for Court Orders then, Councillor ????? djd
  • Score: 24

8:17am Wed 21 May 14

JustForPoole says...

djd wrote:
"they always move on courteously wen asked" says Councillor Xion.
Why do you have to apply for Court Orders then, Councillor ?????
Correct ... I refer to my original post ... this article is the biggest load of rubbish I have read in my life !!!!! Get a grip !!!!!
[quote][p][bold]djd[/bold] wrote: "they always move on courteously wen asked" says Councillor Xion. Why do you have to apply for Court Orders then, Councillor ?????[/p][/quote]Correct ... I refer to my original post ... this article is the biggest load of rubbish I have read in my life !!!!! Get a grip !!!!! JustForPoole
  • Score: 14

8:43am Wed 21 May 14

nickynoodah says...

.shaft says..
There are many Farm lands and farmers that would be willing to rent a patch of land each year.

Wrong we don't want them here
you can keep them thank you very much
consider your self SHAFTED you know it is.
.shaft says.. There are many Farm lands and farmers that would be willing to rent a patch of land each year. Wrong we don't want them here you can keep them thank you very much consider your self SHAFTED you know it is. nickynoodah
  • Score: -3

8:44am Wed 21 May 14

Dilligaf08 says...

What an absolute load of rubbish Councillor XD!
Would you feel the same if they were camped near you, threatening your children, causing disturbances, shopliftling, breaking and entering ... etc? No, I am sure you would be the first to complain.
This will carry on year after year until something is done about it properly. Instead of all sitting around on your lazy ar*es actually do the work that you are paid to do and sort this out!!!!
What an absolute load of rubbish Councillor XD! Would you feel the same if they were camped near you, threatening your children, causing disturbances, shopliftling, breaking and entering ... etc? No, I am sure you would be the first to complain. This will carry on year after year until something is done about it properly. Instead of all sitting around on your lazy ar*es actually do the work that you are paid to do and sort this out!!!! Dilligaf08
  • Score: 16

8:44am Wed 21 May 14

DansAFCB says...

“They are real people and real human beings and we need to treat them courteously, as they always move on peacefully when asked to do so.”


About time the do gooders stood up and spoke the truth about these scumbags rather than doing it the PC way all the time!

Treat these scumbags with the contempt they deserve, like pieces of s**t the same way as they treat us and our open spaces. They don't deserve to be treated with courtesy or respect, this has to be earned and they have neither!

Year after year our taxes are spent moving these "things" on and we are suppose to take it? I wonder how Cllr Dion and Underhill would react if these "things" were to turn up outside their properties, I think we all know the answer.
“They are real people and real human beings and we need to treat them courteously, as they always move on peacefully when asked to do so.” About time the do gooders stood up and spoke the truth about these scumbags rather than doing it the PC way all the time! Treat these scumbags with the contempt they deserve, like pieces of s**t the same way as they treat us and our open spaces. They don't deserve to be treated with courtesy or respect, this has to be earned and they have neither! Year after year our taxes are spent moving these "things" on and we are suppose to take it? I wonder how Cllr Dion and Underhill would react if these "things" were to turn up outside their properties, I think we all know the answer. DansAFCB
  • Score: 23

9:17am Wed 21 May 14

loftusrod says...

Yeah it's a load of rubbish what these dogooders spout.
'We manage it every year'.
Maybe so, but not very well Councellor.
Yeah it's a load of rubbish what these dogooders spout. 'We manage it every year'. Maybe so, but not very well Councellor. loftusrod
  • Score: 11

9:26am Wed 21 May 14

Nats1086 says...

I do agree that travellers are people too BUT they do choose to live the life of travelling from one site to the next so they should take the responsibility and pay to stay at designated sites not just turn up and set up camp where ever they feel like. Lots of travellers are actually very nice and polite people but the odd one or two then leads the rest to be stereotyped. If you are nasty to people then it will put their backs up and they will be nasty back, don't expect respect if you are rude in the first place. At least with a permanent site set up, they will have a place to go and not just set up on any playing field. Every county should have one, it might stop all these unwanted sites, eventually.
I do agree that travellers are people too BUT they do choose to live the life of travelling from one site to the next so they should take the responsibility and pay to stay at designated sites not just turn up and set up camp where ever they feel like. Lots of travellers are actually very nice and polite people but the odd one or two then leads the rest to be stereotyped. If you are nasty to people then it will put their backs up and they will be nasty back, don't expect respect if you are rude in the first place. At least with a permanent site set up, they will have a place to go and not just set up on any playing field. Every county should have one, it might stop all these unwanted sites, eventually. Nats1086
  • Score: -7

9:36am Wed 21 May 14

nickynoodah says...

I bet they feel at home in Ham park
as all the people who live in Lullworth avenue are settled travellers themselves you know it is.
I bet they feel at home in Ham park as all the people who live in Lullworth avenue are settled travellers themselves you know it is. nickynoodah
  • Score: -5

9:39am Wed 21 May 14

BarrHumbug says...

They're no better than the Vikings!!
They're no better than the Vikings!! BarrHumbug
  • Score: 2

9:39am Wed 21 May 14

PUZZLED ONE says...

Nats1086
Why should travellers have special sites? As you say, there are already lots of caravan sites (throughout the county and country) so why can't they use them?
Nats1086 Why should travellers have special sites? As you say, there are already lots of caravan sites (throughout the county and country) so why can't they use them? PUZZLED ONE
  • Score: 9

9:43am Wed 21 May 14

nickynoodah says...

“They are real people and real human beings and we need to treat them courteously, as they always move on peacefully when asked to do so.”

No they don't I asked them Monday and they gave me forty words for one
especially the man with the Portuguese number plates
he told me to **** off up my own end.
“They are real people and real human beings and we need to treat them courteously, as they always move on peacefully when asked to do so.” No they don't I asked them Monday and they gave me forty words for one especially the man with the Portuguese number plates he told me to **** off up my own end. nickynoodah
  • Score: 10

9:51am Wed 21 May 14

BarrHumbug says...

Nats1086 wrote:
I do agree that travellers are people too BUT they do choose to live the life of travelling from one site to the next so they should take the responsibility and pay to stay at designated sites not just turn up and set up camp where ever they feel like. Lots of travellers are actually very nice and polite people but the odd one or two then leads the rest to be stereotyped. If you are nasty to people then it will put their backs up and they will be nasty back, don't expect respect if you are rude in the first place. At least with a permanent site set up, they will have a place to go and not just set up on any playing field. Every county should have one, it might stop all these unwanted sites, eventually.
Well thats the problem isn't it, they don't want to pay.......for anything!
[quote][p][bold]Nats1086[/bold] wrote: I do agree that travellers are people too BUT they do choose to live the life of travelling from one site to the next so they should take the responsibility and pay to stay at designated sites not just turn up and set up camp where ever they feel like. Lots of travellers are actually very nice and polite people but the odd one or two then leads the rest to be stereotyped. If you are nasty to people then it will put their backs up and they will be nasty back, don't expect respect if you are rude in the first place. At least with a permanent site set up, they will have a place to go and not just set up on any playing field. Every county should have one, it might stop all these unwanted sites, eventually.[/p][/quote]Well thats the problem isn't it, they don't want to pay.......for anything! BarrHumbug
  • Score: 11

9:56am Wed 21 May 14

Sir Beachy Head says...

They will leave, drive less than 3 miles and the process will be repeated ad naseam until they head home to County Tipperary or Athlone late September.
They will leave, drive less than 3 miles and the process will be repeated ad naseam until they head home to County Tipperary or Athlone late September. Sir Beachy Head
  • Score: 8

10:07am Wed 21 May 14

Nats1086 says...

BarrHumbug wrote:
Nats1086 wrote:
I do agree that travellers are people too BUT they do choose to live the life of travelling from one site to the next so they should take the responsibility and pay to stay at designated sites not just turn up and set up camp where ever they feel like. Lots of travellers are actually very nice and polite people but the odd one or two then leads the rest to be stereotyped. If you are nasty to people then it will put their backs up and they will be nasty back, don't expect respect if you are rude in the first place. At least with a permanent site set up, they will have a place to go and not just set up on any playing field. Every county should have one, it might stop all these unwanted sites, eventually.
Well thats the problem isn't it, they don't want to pay.......for anything!
I completely agree with that and I don't think its right that they don't pay for anything. I grew up with lots of settled travellers at my school so that is why I don't think they are that bad, but I don't agree with them going around and making peoples lives hell. I also don't agree with calling them "thing" or "scumbags" in general though. It will never get sorted though, it will be the same year in year out, nothing will change.
[quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Nats1086[/bold] wrote: I do agree that travellers are people too BUT they do choose to live the life of travelling from one site to the next so they should take the responsibility and pay to stay at designated sites not just turn up and set up camp where ever they feel like. Lots of travellers are actually very nice and polite people but the odd one or two then leads the rest to be stereotyped. If you are nasty to people then it will put their backs up and they will be nasty back, don't expect respect if you are rude in the first place. At least with a permanent site set up, they will have a place to go and not just set up on any playing field. Every county should have one, it might stop all these unwanted sites, eventually.[/p][/quote]Well thats the problem isn't it, they don't want to pay.......for anything![/p][/quote]I completely agree with that and I don't think its right that they don't pay for anything. I grew up with lots of settled travellers at my school so that is why I don't think they are that bad, but I don't agree with them going around and making peoples lives hell. I also don't agree with calling them "thing" or "scumbags" in general though. It will never get sorted though, it will be the same year in year out, nothing will change. Nats1086
  • Score: 3

10:11am Wed 21 May 14

Nats1086 says...

PUZZLED ONE wrote:
Nats1086
Why should travellers have special sites? As you say, there are already lots of caravan sites (throughout the county and country) so why can't they use them?
It's only my opinion. If they have 1 site to go to then it might stop them setting up in several places. But as I said, things will never change.
[quote][p][bold]PUZZLED ONE[/bold] wrote: Nats1086 Why should travellers have special sites? As you say, there are already lots of caravan sites (throughout the county and country) so why can't they use them?[/p][/quote]It's only my opinion. If they have 1 site to go to then it might stop them setting up in several places. But as I said, things will never change. Nats1086
  • Score: 2

10:19am Wed 21 May 14

wonderway says...

they break the law IRISH/ROMANY travellers DEPORT THEM THAT'S LEGAL UNDER BRITISH LAW
they break the law IRISH/ROMANY travellers DEPORT THEM THAT'S LEGAL UNDER BRITISH LAW wonderway
  • Score: 7

10:36am Wed 21 May 14

TheDistrict says...

However, Cllr Xena Dion, Portfolio Holder for a Prosperous and Sustainable Poole, said: “We have this every year and we manage it every year.

“There are a small number of residents are extremely angry about the travellers being here, but the facts of the matter are that we manage the sites very well, with minimum violence and confrontation.


What planet does Cllr Xena Dion live on. I do not think anyone has spoken of violence or confrontation. The matter begins and their arrival. Instantly residents know that that area becomes no go for the local people, otherwise abuse is received from the travellers. It is the mess they leave behind in the majority of cases, and the take over of local hostelries, and areas. The continuous annoyance of visiting homes asking for jobs or offering cheap work, etc etc. And then in my opinion the worst of it all, these people nothing towards taxes, they do not pay for the setting up of camp, in fact they get away with everything. This is what annoys local residents, and yet our local councillors sit on their backsides, support them and do nothing with out that bit of paper.

If it was me, or anyone else who took up a position with a caravan on a public open space, we would be moved on immediately, but because of this fasical enthic clap trap, they think they have the right of stay.

As for Mr. Underhill (Undersnail) who has poked his head out of his shell, pray do tell where is Poole and Bournemouth going to fit in TSPs. What he should be doing is telling Dorset County Council to release land so that both towns and the county could offer a much larger out of the way campsite. So we do not have to see them or know they are there.
However, Cllr Xena Dion, Portfolio Holder for a Prosperous and Sustainable Poole, said: “We have this every year and we manage it every year. “There are a small number of residents are extremely angry about the travellers being here, but the facts of the matter are that we manage the sites very well, with minimum violence and confrontation. What planet does Cllr Xena Dion live on. I do not think anyone has spoken of violence or confrontation. The matter begins and their arrival. Instantly residents know that that area becomes no go for the local people, otherwise abuse is received from the travellers. It is the mess they leave behind in the majority of cases, and the take over of local hostelries, and areas. The continuous annoyance of visiting homes asking for jobs or offering cheap work, etc etc. And then in my opinion the worst of it all, these people nothing towards taxes, they do not pay for the setting up of camp, in fact they get away with everything. This is what annoys local residents, and yet our local councillors sit on their backsides, support them and do nothing with out that bit of paper. If it was me, or anyone else who took up a position with a caravan on a public open space, we would be moved on immediately, but because of this fasical enthic clap trap, they think they have the right of stay. As for Mr. Underhill (Undersnail) who has poked his head out of his shell, pray do tell where is Poole and Bournemouth going to fit in TSPs. What he should be doing is telling Dorset County Council to release land so that both towns and the county could offer a much larger out of the way campsite. So we do not have to see them or know they are there. TheDistrict
  • Score: 7

12:26pm Wed 21 May 14

hamworthygirl says...

we-shall-see wrote:
If, as Cllr Dion suggests, they are courteous etc, why were they allowing their dogs inside the children's fenced off play aware yesterday, with dog fouling evident? It is a NO GO zone for dogs and clearly stated on the fences and gates. The dogs were even in the paddling pool at one point!!

That pool and the grass will now be contaminated for our children, no longer safe for them to play free of the worry of going blind from dog poo and it's residue!

Courteous my ar*e :o/
As is normal then! ive seen locals/ holiday makers with dogs in the pool urinating on the beach. Ones couples dog was running around annoying people, on the beach and in the pool area. So lets make sure when the travellers leave make sure that the locals clean up their mess as well. That winds me up as much as travellers being here seeing the rubbish people leave on a sunny day,if you live here you should know better.
[quote][p][bold]we-shall-see[/bold] wrote: If, as Cllr Dion suggests, they are courteous etc, why were they allowing their dogs inside the children's fenced off play aware yesterday, with dog fouling evident? It is a NO GO zone for dogs and clearly stated on the fences and gates. The dogs were even in the paddling pool at one point!! That pool and the grass will now be contaminated for our children, no longer safe for them to play free of the worry of going blind from dog poo and it's residue! Courteous my ar*e :o/[/p][/quote]As is normal then! ive seen locals/ holiday makers with dogs in the pool urinating on the beach. Ones couples dog was running around annoying people, on the beach and in the pool area. So lets make sure when the travellers leave make sure that the locals clean up their mess as well. That winds me up as much as travellers being here seeing the rubbish people leave on a sunny day,if you live here you should know better. hamworthygirl
  • Score: 1

12:29pm Wed 21 May 14

Letcommonsenseprevail says...

They will already have scoped out there next holiday spot and will no doubt be moving in there very shortly.
They will already have scoped out there next holiday spot and will no doubt be moving in there very shortly. Letcommonsenseprevail
  • Score: 7

12:30pm Wed 21 May 14

poolegirl36 says...

I am disgusted at some of the comments on here, of course they are people and they have rights too. There are good and bad in all walks of life and I for one have not been put off going to the park because they are there, everyone is so quick to jump on the bandwagon and have a go do you know them? Have you spoken to them? And I bet you all were opposed to there being a specific site for them? There's a big piece of land laid to concrete in creekmoor that would be perfect!
I am disgusted at some of the comments on here, of course they are people and they have rights too. There are good and bad in all walks of life and I for one have not been put off going to the park because they are there, everyone is so quick to jump on the bandwagon and have a go do you know them? Have you spoken to them? And I bet you all were opposed to there being a specific site for them? There's a big piece of land laid to concrete in creekmoor that would be perfect! poolegirl36
  • Score: -6

12:31pm Wed 21 May 14

Letcommonsenseprevail says...

hamworthygirl wrote:
we-shall-see wrote: If, as Cllr Dion suggests, they are courteous etc, why were they allowing their dogs inside the children's fenced off play aware yesterday, with dog fouling evident? It is a NO GO zone for dogs and clearly stated on the fences and gates. The dogs were even in the paddling pool at one point!! That pool and the grass will now be contaminated for our children, no longer safe for them to play free of the worry of going blind from dog poo and it's residue! Courteous my ar*e :o/
As is normal then! ive seen locals/ holiday makers with dogs in the pool urinating on the beach. Ones couples dog was running around annoying people, on the beach and in the pool area. So lets make sure when the travellers leave make sure that the locals clean up their mess as well. That winds me up as much as travellers being here seeing the rubbish people leave on a sunny day,if you live here you should know better.
"Dogs in the pool urinating on the beach"? I'd pay money to see that - it's a very long way for a dog to ****.........
[quote][p][bold]hamworthygirl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]we-shall-see[/bold] wrote: If, as Cllr Dion suggests, they are courteous etc, why were they allowing their dogs inside the children's fenced off play aware yesterday, with dog fouling evident? It is a NO GO zone for dogs and clearly stated on the fences and gates. The dogs were even in the paddling pool at one point!! That pool and the grass will now be contaminated for our children, no longer safe for them to play free of the worry of going blind from dog poo and it's residue! Courteous my ar*e :o/[/p][/quote]As is normal then! ive seen locals/ holiday makers with dogs in the pool urinating on the beach. Ones couples dog was running around annoying people, on the beach and in the pool area. So lets make sure when the travellers leave make sure that the locals clean up their mess as well. That winds me up as much as travellers being here seeing the rubbish people leave on a sunny day,if you live here you should know better.[/p][/quote]"Dogs in the pool urinating on the beach"? I'd pay money to see that - it's a very long way for a dog to ****......... Letcommonsenseprevail
  • Score: 4

12:32pm Wed 21 May 14

poolegirl36 says...

hamworthygirl wrote:
we-shall-see wrote:
If, as Cllr Dion suggests, they are courteous etc, why were they allowing their dogs inside the children's fenced off play aware yesterday, with dog fouling evident? It is a NO GO zone for dogs and clearly stated on the fences and gates. The dogs were even in the paddling pool at one point!!

That pool and the grass will now be contaminated for our children, no longer safe for them to play free of the worry of going blind from dog poo and it's residue!

Courteous my ar*e :o/
As is normal then! ive seen locals/ holiday makers with dogs in the pool urinating on the beach. Ones couples dog was running around annoying people, on the beach and in the pool area. So lets make sure when the travellers leave make sure that the locals clean up their mess as well. That winds me up as much as travellers being here seeing the rubbish people leave on a sunny day,if you live here you should know better.
I was there on Thursday evening and also on Monday morning, it was tidier on Monday than it was Thursday, the locals have less respect than anyone.
[quote][p][bold]hamworthygirl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]we-shall-see[/bold] wrote: If, as Cllr Dion suggests, they are courteous etc, why were they allowing their dogs inside the children's fenced off play aware yesterday, with dog fouling evident? It is a NO GO zone for dogs and clearly stated on the fences and gates. The dogs were even in the paddling pool at one point!! That pool and the grass will now be contaminated for our children, no longer safe for them to play free of the worry of going blind from dog poo and it's residue! Courteous my ar*e :o/[/p][/quote]As is normal then! ive seen locals/ holiday makers with dogs in the pool urinating on the beach. Ones couples dog was running around annoying people, on the beach and in the pool area. So lets make sure when the travellers leave make sure that the locals clean up their mess as well. That winds me up as much as travellers being here seeing the rubbish people leave on a sunny day,if you live here you should know better.[/p][/quote]I was there on Thursday evening and also on Monday morning, it was tidier on Monday than it was Thursday, the locals have less respect than anyone. poolegirl36
  • Score: -2

12:32pm Wed 21 May 14

Letcommonsenseprevail says...

poolegirl36 wrote:
I am disgusted at some of the comments on here, of course they are people and they have rights too. There are good and bad in all walks of life and I for one have not been put off going to the park because they are there, everyone is so quick to jump on the bandwagon and have a go do you know them? Have you spoken to them? And I bet you all were opposed to there being a specific site for them? There's a big piece of land laid to concrete in creekmoor that would be perfect!
Yes, yes and yes. They have no more rights that you or I and should abide by the laws of the land or pay the penalty - which they are not obliged to do because of their 'special status'. It must be awfully lonely up there, in your ivory tower.....
[quote][p][bold]poolegirl36[/bold] wrote: I am disgusted at some of the comments on here, of course they are people and they have rights too. There are good and bad in all walks of life and I for one have not been put off going to the park because they are there, everyone is so quick to jump on the bandwagon and have a go do you know them? Have you spoken to them? And I bet you all were opposed to there being a specific site for them? There's a big piece of land laid to concrete in creekmoor that would be perfect![/p][/quote]Yes, yes and yes. They have no more rights that you or I and should abide by the laws of the land or pay the penalty - which they are not obliged to do because of their 'special status'. It must be awfully lonely up there, in your ivory tower..... Letcommonsenseprevail
  • Score: 6

12:55pm Wed 21 May 14

DansAFCB says...

poolegirl36 wrote:
I am disgusted at some of the comments on here, of course they are people and they have rights too. There are good and bad in all walks of life and I for one have not been put off going to the park because they are there, everyone is so quick to jump on the bandwagon and have a go do you know them? Have you spoken to them? And I bet you all were opposed to there being a specific site for them? There's a big piece of land laid to concrete in creekmoor that would be perfect!
"They are people and they have rights too"!!!!!

You are having a laugh aren't you, let them start paying their way, stop breaking and entering, don't threaten people to stay off their land (when they are on communal public areas) then we can decide if they have rights, until then they have nothing. They are total scumbags and not only do they leave the s**t everywhere they rip people off doing work for them while they are here!

They have rights, you brought a tear to my eye with laughter!
[quote][p][bold]poolegirl36[/bold] wrote: I am disgusted at some of the comments on here, of course they are people and they have rights too. There are good and bad in all walks of life and I for one have not been put off going to the park because they are there, everyone is so quick to jump on the bandwagon and have a go do you know them? Have you spoken to them? And I bet you all were opposed to there being a specific site for them? There's a big piece of land laid to concrete in creekmoor that would be perfect![/p][/quote]"They are people and they have rights too"!!!!! You are having a laugh aren't you, let them start paying their way, stop breaking and entering, don't threaten people to stay off their land (when they are on communal public areas) then we can decide if they have rights, until then they have nothing. They are total scumbags and not only do they leave the s**t everywhere they rip people off doing work for them while they are here! They have rights, you brought a tear to my eye with laughter! DansAFCB
  • Score: 5

1:09pm Wed 21 May 14

poolebabe says...

It's getting tedious now. None of the transit sites were suitable. None of the sites were big enough. Yes they are humans just like the rest of us, so abide by the same laws as everyone else. The country has changed, laws have changed, money is tight. Why should we pay and keep paying for essentially, a lifestyle choice. They could always contribute towards transit sites, or pay to pitch at a payed for site. But no, they don't. It's the expectation.
It's getting tedious now. None of the transit sites were suitable. None of the sites were big enough. Yes they are humans just like the rest of us, so abide by the same laws as everyone else. The country has changed, laws have changed, money is tight. Why should we pay and keep paying for essentially, a lifestyle choice. They could always contribute towards transit sites, or pay to pitch at a payed for site. But no, they don't. It's the expectation. poolebabe
  • Score: 5

1:22pm Wed 21 May 14

we-shall-see says...

poolegirl36 wrote:
hamworthygirl wrote:
we-shall-see wrote:
If, as Cllr Dion suggests, they are courteous etc, why were they allowing their dogs inside the children's fenced off play aware yesterday, with dog fouling evident? It is a NO GO zone for dogs and clearly stated on the fences and gates. The dogs were even in the paddling pool at one point!!

That pool and the grass will now be contaminated for our children, no longer safe for them to play free of the worry of going blind from dog poo and it's residue!

Courteous my ar*e :o/
As is normal then! ive seen locals/ holiday makers with dogs in the pool urinating on the beach. Ones couples dog was running around annoying people, on the beach and in the pool area. So lets make sure when the travellers leave make sure that the locals clean up their mess as well. That winds me up as much as travellers being here seeing the rubbish people leave on a sunny day,if you live here you should know better.
I was there on Thursday evening and also on Monday morning, it was tidier on Monday than it was Thursday, the locals have less respect than anyone.
I quite agree, some of the locals DO have less respect - and in such cases can also be reported to the council, as I have done several times when witnessing dogs in the play area, or owners leaving dog fouling on the grass/beach - it's easy enough to do - just ask around if you don't know who the owner of the dog is - there is always someone who will know them and then make a direct complaint to the council about it.

I have not witnessed any of the people I have reported so far, allowing their dogs to foul and leaving it there since, so quit with the moaning about locals and DO something about it. Nothing gets done if the council don't know about it :o/ :o/
[quote][p][bold]poolegirl36[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hamworthygirl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]we-shall-see[/bold] wrote: If, as Cllr Dion suggests, they are courteous etc, why were they allowing their dogs inside the children's fenced off play aware yesterday, with dog fouling evident? It is a NO GO zone for dogs and clearly stated on the fences and gates. The dogs were even in the paddling pool at one point!! That pool and the grass will now be contaminated for our children, no longer safe for them to play free of the worry of going blind from dog poo and it's residue! Courteous my ar*e :o/[/p][/quote]As is normal then! ive seen locals/ holiday makers with dogs in the pool urinating on the beach. Ones couples dog was running around annoying people, on the beach and in the pool area. So lets make sure when the travellers leave make sure that the locals clean up their mess as well. That winds me up as much as travellers being here seeing the rubbish people leave on a sunny day,if you live here you should know better.[/p][/quote]I was there on Thursday evening and also on Monday morning, it was tidier on Monday than it was Thursday, the locals have less respect than anyone.[/p][/quote]I quite agree, some of the locals DO have less respect - and in such cases can also be reported to the council, as I have done several times when witnessing dogs in the play area, or owners leaving dog fouling on the grass/beach - it's easy enough to do - just ask around if you don't know who the owner of the dog is - there is always someone who will know them and then make a direct complaint to the council about it. I have not witnessed any of the people I have reported so far, allowing their dogs to foul and leaving it there since, so quit with the moaning about locals and DO something about it. Nothing gets done if the council don't know about it :o/ :o/ we-shall-see
  • Score: 4

1:54pm Wed 21 May 14

poolegirl36 says...

DansAFCB wrote:
poolegirl36 wrote:
I am disgusted at some of the comments on here, of course they are people and they have rights too. There are good and bad in all walks of life and I for one have not been put off going to the park because they are there, everyone is so quick to jump on the bandwagon and have a go do you know them? Have you spoken to them? And I bet you all were opposed to there being a specific site for them? There's a big piece of land laid to concrete in creekmoor that would be perfect!
"They are people and they have rights too"!!!!!

You are having a laugh aren't you, let them start paying their way, stop breaking and entering, don't threaten people to stay off their land (when they are on communal public areas) then we can decide if they have rights, until then they have nothing. They are total scumbags and not only do they leave the s**t everywhere they rip people off doing work for them while they are here!

They have rights, you brought a tear to my eye with laughter!
Lol no ivory tower here I'm just not sitting in judgement.
[quote][p][bold]DansAFCB[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]poolegirl36[/bold] wrote: I am disgusted at some of the comments on here, of course they are people and they have rights too. There are good and bad in all walks of life and I for one have not been put off going to the park because they are there, everyone is so quick to jump on the bandwagon and have a go do you know them? Have you spoken to them? And I bet you all were opposed to there being a specific site for them? There's a big piece of land laid to concrete in creekmoor that would be perfect![/p][/quote]"They are people and they have rights too"!!!!! You are having a laugh aren't you, let them start paying their way, stop breaking and entering, don't threaten people to stay off their land (when they are on communal public areas) then we can decide if they have rights, until then they have nothing. They are total scumbags and not only do they leave the s**t everywhere they rip people off doing work for them while they are here! They have rights, you brought a tear to my eye with laughter![/p][/quote]Lol no ivory tower here I'm just not sitting in judgement. poolegirl36
  • Score: -5

2:01pm Wed 21 May 14

Dilligaf08 says...

So was it just a coincidence that there was an alarm screaming out at 1am this morning at the industrial estate opposite where they are staying? And coincidence that young girls tried to steal a considerable amount of high value food from Lidl the day they moved in?
Of course it must be coincidence if they are 'nice courteous human beings'!!!
So was it just a coincidence that there was an alarm screaming out at 1am this morning at the industrial estate opposite where they are staying? And coincidence that young girls tried to steal a considerable amount of high value food from Lidl the day they moved in? Of course it must be coincidence if they are 'nice courteous human beings'!!! Dilligaf08
  • Score: 6

2:30pm Wed 21 May 14

muscliffman says...

Just when you think you have read just about all the air-headed rubbish on this 'traveller' subject that our hopeless public servants can possibly spout to justify their inaction...... along comes Councillor Dion! Surely a cast iron UKIP Poole Council seat gain in 2015, if ever there was.

As for the newly emerged pointless PCC's equally pointless comments, probably best if he had simply stayed in his 'traveller' situation bunker.
Just when you think you have read just about all the air-headed rubbish on this 'traveller' subject that our hopeless public servants can possibly spout to justify their inaction...... along comes Councillor Dion! Surely a cast iron UKIP Poole Council seat gain in 2015, if ever there was. As for the newly emerged pointless PCC's equally pointless comments, probably best if he had simply stayed in his 'traveller' situation bunker. muscliffman
  • Score: 12

4:21pm Wed 21 May 14

hoppy says...

SUN,SEA & SOD ALL TO PAY !!! sums it all up.
SUN,SEA & SOD ALL TO PAY !!! sums it all up. hoppy
  • Score: 5

5:01pm Wed 21 May 14

Baysider says...

muscliffman wrote:
Just when you think you have read just about all the air-headed rubbish on this 'traveller' subject that our hopeless public servants can possibly spout to justify their inaction...... along comes Councillor Dion! Surely a cast iron UKIP Poole Council seat gain in 2015, if ever there was.

As for the newly emerged pointless PCC's equally pointless comments, probably best if he had simply stayed in his 'traveller' situation bunker.
Remind us again what the UKIP policy on travellers is then if they have all the answers??? How do you acount for the actual facts of the story as our hopeless, inactive public servants HAVE done their job and gone to court to get rid of them?

What a horrid, nasty, ignorant, spiteful old man you must be that you're happier ignoring the facts just so you can spout your anti-public sector bile.
[quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: Just when you think you have read just about all the air-headed rubbish on this 'traveller' subject that our hopeless public servants can possibly spout to justify their inaction...... along comes Councillor Dion! Surely a cast iron UKIP Poole Council seat gain in 2015, if ever there was. As for the newly emerged pointless PCC's equally pointless comments, probably best if he had simply stayed in his 'traveller' situation bunker.[/p][/quote]Remind us again what the UKIP policy on travellers is then if they have all the answers??? How do you acount for the actual facts of the story as our hopeless, inactive public servants HAVE done their job and gone to court to get rid of them? What a horrid, nasty, ignorant, spiteful old man you must be that you're happier ignoring the facts just so you can spout your anti-public sector bile. Baysider
  • Score: -4

5:22pm Wed 21 May 14

Major Futtock says...

What an unmitigated load of rubbish Cllr Dion spouts. The Council in no way MANAGE these incursions. every year they come & every year there is trouble. A FEW angry residents She MUST be joking! They DO NOT behave as decent people. they allegedly went into LIDL at Blandford road shortly after moving to Turlin Moor , filled a trolley and attempted to walk out without paying. They were stopped. But I will lay money that they won't be prosecuted.
Come on Cllr Dion get a serious reality check and GET A GRIP. or resign.
you are a joke!
What an unmitigated load of rubbish Cllr Dion spouts. The Council in no way MANAGE these incursions. every year they come & every year there is trouble. A FEW angry residents She MUST be joking! They DO NOT behave as decent people. they allegedly went into LIDL at Blandford road shortly after moving to Turlin Moor , filled a trolley and attempted to walk out without paying. They were stopped. But I will lay money that they won't be prosecuted. Come on Cllr Dion get a serious reality check and GET A GRIP. or resign. you are a joke! Major Futtock
  • Score: 4

5:55pm Wed 21 May 14

JustForPoole says...

PUZZLED ONE wrote:
Nats1086
Why should travellers have special sites? As you say, there are already lots of caravan sites (throughout the county and country) so why can't they use them?
Quite simply because their behaviour would not be tolerated as it would drive normal people (those who have mastered social skills such as using a toilet) away ...and that would not be wanted on a business run site!
[quote][p][bold]PUZZLED ONE[/bold] wrote: Nats1086 Why should travellers have special sites? As you say, there are already lots of caravan sites (throughout the county and country) so why can't they use them?[/p][/quote]Quite simply because their behaviour would not be tolerated as it would drive normal people (those who have mastered social skills such as using a toilet) away ...and that would not be wanted on a business run site! JustForPoole
  • Score: 3

6:24pm Wed 21 May 14

Carolyn43 says...

poolegirl36 wrote:
I am disgusted at some of the comments on here, of course they are people and they have rights too. There are good and bad in all walks of life and I for one have not been put off going to the park because they are there, everyone is so quick to jump on the bandwagon and have a go do you know them? Have you spoken to them? And I bet you all were opposed to there being a specific site for them? There's a big piece of land laid to concrete in creekmoor that would be perfect!
Once again, for the umpteenth time - the park and ride cannot be used because government money was taken to build a park and ride and that's what it has to be. It s also on greenbelt land.
[quote][p][bold]poolegirl36[/bold] wrote: I am disgusted at some of the comments on here, of course they are people and they have rights too. There are good and bad in all walks of life and I for one have not been put off going to the park because they are there, everyone is so quick to jump on the bandwagon and have a go do you know them? Have you spoken to them? And I bet you all were opposed to there being a specific site for them? There's a big piece of land laid to concrete in creekmoor that would be perfect![/p][/quote]Once again, for the umpteenth time - the park and ride cannot be used because government money was taken to build a park and ride and that's what it has to be. It s also on greenbelt land. Carolyn43
  • Score: 1

7:57pm Wed 21 May 14

hamuser says...

"they are real people and real human beings"............p
riceless!! So are all of the law abiding citizens that pay their taxes and fines whenever they stay in a car park 10 minutes longer than their ticket allows or creep 5 MPH over a speed limit or try to avoid the traffic light "trap" without causing an accident on Holes Bay Road. For goodness sake listen to those who vote for you. These people believe they deserve special rights afforded to no one else, they offend repeatedly and often threaten violence if confronted.
It would be interesting to see what action would be taken if a few dozen "real people" who happen to be local tax payers rather than free loaders, decided to take advantage of the open gate at Hamworthy and decide to spend their bank holiday weekend in a caravan down by the promenade...........
.its OK they will move if asked....eventually.
"they are real people and real human beings"............p riceless!! So are all of the law abiding citizens that pay their taxes and fines whenever they stay in a car park 10 minutes longer than their ticket allows or creep 5 MPH over a speed limit or try to avoid the traffic light "trap" without causing an accident on Holes Bay Road. For goodness sake listen to those who vote for you. These people believe they deserve special rights afforded to no one else, they offend repeatedly and often threaten violence if confronted. It would be interesting to see what action would be taken if a few dozen "real people" who happen to be local tax payers rather than free loaders, decided to take advantage of the open gate at Hamworthy and decide to spend their bank holiday weekend in a caravan down by the promenade........... .its OK they will move if asked....eventually. hamuser
  • Score: 2

10:22pm Wed 21 May 14

muscliffman says...

Baysider wrote:
muscliffman wrote:
Just when you think you have read just about all the air-headed rubbish on this 'traveller' subject that our hopeless public servants can possibly spout to justify their inaction...... along comes Councillor Dion! Surely a cast iron UKIP Poole Council seat gain in 2015, if ever there was.

As for the newly emerged pointless PCC's equally pointless comments, probably best if he had simply stayed in his 'traveller' situation bunker.
Remind us again what the UKIP policy on travellers is then if they have all the answers??? How do you acount for the actual facts of the story as our hopeless, inactive public servants HAVE done their job and gone to court to get rid of them?

What a horrid, nasty, ignorant, spiteful old man you must be that you're happier ignoring the facts just so you can spout your anti-public sector bile.
UKIP would reverse the ethnic recognition of the so called 'Irish travellers' to ensure that these UK illegal encampment situations would never arise again and then our many (of course not all) hapless public servants would have no outdated PC excuses for not doing their jobs quickly, effectively and properly to protect the rights and property of he law abiding public.

You are welcome.
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]muscliffman[/bold] wrote: Just when you think you have read just about all the air-headed rubbish on this 'traveller' subject that our hopeless public servants can possibly spout to justify their inaction...... along comes Councillor Dion! Surely a cast iron UKIP Poole Council seat gain in 2015, if ever there was. As for the newly emerged pointless PCC's equally pointless comments, probably best if he had simply stayed in his 'traveller' situation bunker.[/p][/quote]Remind us again what the UKIP policy on travellers is then if they have all the answers??? How do you acount for the actual facts of the story as our hopeless, inactive public servants HAVE done their job and gone to court to get rid of them? What a horrid, nasty, ignorant, spiteful old man you must be that you're happier ignoring the facts just so you can spout your anti-public sector bile.[/p][/quote]UKIP would reverse the ethnic recognition of the so called 'Irish travellers' to ensure that these UK illegal encampment situations would never arise again and then our many (of course not all) hapless public servants would have no outdated PC excuses for not doing their jobs quickly, effectively and properly to protect the rights and property of he law abiding public. You are welcome. muscliffman
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree