When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Firefighters called to cooking blaze in Bournemouth Road, Parkstone
DORSET Fire and Rescue Service has reminded people about the importance of smoke alarms after a fire in Poole this morning.
Crews from Westbourne and Redhill fire stations were sent to the scene in Bournemouth Road, Upper Parkstone, at 9am.
They found smoke coming from a flat and found that cooking that had been left unattended had caught light.
Firefighters removed it from the flat.
A spokesman for the service said: “On this occasion a neighbour was alerted by the sounding of the smoke alarm.
“This incident could have been much worse and is a reminder of the importance of having a working smoke alarm as well as not leaving cooking unattended.”
Comments are closed on this article.