Man taken to hospital after chip pan fire at home

Man taken to hospital after chip pan fire at home

Man taken to hospital after chip pan fire at home

First published in News by

A MAN was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire at a property with no smoke alarm.

Dorset Fire and Rescue were called to a bungalow in Stalbridge just after 9.30pm last night after a chip pan fire spread to the cooker extractor hood.

Crews from Sturminster Newton gave the man first aid until paramedics arrived and took him to hospital.

Crews used two hose reel jets and breathing apparatus sets to tackle the blaze, which caused fire damage to the kitchen and smoke damage to the remainder of the property.

A spokesman for DFR said the man was lucky and that the fire could have been worse due to the absence of a smoke alarm.

Comments (4)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:48am Wed 14 May 14

BarrHumbug says...

Perhaps he should stick to oven chips in future?
Perhaps he should stick to oven chips in future? BarrHumbug
  • Score: -3

10:20am Wed 14 May 14

boardsandphotos says...

I can't believe people still use chip pans?
I can't believe people still use chip pans? boardsandphotos
  • Score: -2

4:39pm Wed 14 May 14

SympatheticSam says...

Ummm how could a smoke alarm of stopped this? The oil caught fire because he was cooking.
Ummm how could a smoke alarm of stopped this? The oil caught fire because he was cooking. SympatheticSam
  • Score: 2

10:19am Mon 19 May 14

mgibbs says...

SympatheticSam wrote:
Ummm how could a smoke alarm of stopped this? The oil caught fire because he was cooking.
The smoke alarm would have alerted the homeowner to the fire, allowing him to either extinguish the fire himself, or exit the property before suffering the effects of smoke inhalation.
[quote][p][bold]SympatheticSam[/bold] wrote: Ummm how could a smoke alarm of stopped this? The oil caught fire because he was cooking.[/p][/quote]The smoke alarm would have alerted the homeowner to the fire, allowing him to either extinguish the fire himself, or exit the property before suffering the effects of smoke inhalation. mgibbs
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree