When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Maureen Archer chokes to death at New Milton care home, inquest hears
Updated 12:47pm Friday 2nd May 2014 in News
A WOMAN choked to death at a New Milton care home after food lodged in her larynx, an inquest heard.
Dementia sufferer Maureen Archer, 71, was found retching in the dining room at the Carlton House rest home in Barton Court Avenue, New Milton, on February 16.
Staff at the home rushed to her aid but were unable to save her life.
Consultant pathologist Sanjay Jogai carried out a post-mortem examination and discovered that two pieces of meat were lodged in her larynx.
Gordon Denson, deputy coroner for Southampton, said: “It seems clear that although she was in Carlton House rest home, primarily as a result of her dementia, she was perfectly healthy. Unfortunately she began choking on her food.”
Mr Denson recorded a verdict of accidental death.
Comments are closed on this article.