NEW proposals for Bournemouth’s Winter Gardens site will be unveiled to councillors tomorrow.
Representatives from developer Inland Homes will appear before the council’s planning board to make a 10-minute presentation before they submit a new planning application.
It is understood they want to see if there are any changes that could be made to the previous Winter Gardens planning application that would ease the council’s concerns.
The previous application, submitted by APB Park and Anthony P Bond, sought permission for a £150million hotel, apartment and leisure complex.
It was thrown out by the planning board in June last year.
This is now the subject of a planning appeal, which is due to be heard on June 24.
Inland Homes is based in Buckinghamshire and specialises in brownfield developments.
It describes itself as a “dynamic developer of urban regeneration projects around southern England”.
The company’s planning agent is Gregory Gray, of Gregory Gray Associates Chartered Town Planning Consultants, in Fleet, Hampshire.
The main Winter Gardens site, which is currently used as a car park, is owned by Bournemouth council. The Bournemouth Development Company, a partnership between the council and developer Morgan Sindall, has already said it may seek to submit its own plans for the prime town centre site.
Those plans are expected to be put forward during this financial year.
In its business plan, the site is earmarked for a mix of leisure, cultural, entertainment and residential uses, along with a 400-space public car park.
Planning chairman Cllr David Kelsey said: “All I know is that they want to come in and do a presentation to say what they’re going to be bringing to the board later on in the year. I think all they want to do is come in and tell us that they plan to make some changes to the plans that were refused.”