UPDATE WITH VIDEO: Hunt for gunman after 'drive-by shooting' on the Townsend estate

Bournemouth Echo: Gun fired into house on the Townsend estate Gun fired into house on the Townsend estate

POLICE are hunting a gunman responsible for a ‘drive-by shooting’ in Bournemouth.

One man suffered pellet injury when two shots were fired into the front window of a property in Townsend in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

A 48-year-old man was taken to Poole Hospital with an injury to his side following the incident in Jewell Road. He was later released.

See all the pictures of the investigation from today in a gallery here

Police crime scene investigators cordoned off the area where the attack happened, near the junction with Cheshire Drive, until the early afternoon while they searched for evidence.

Forensics officers donned gloves before searching through grass verges and on the road surface for vital clues.

At one point, a small object, believed to be a bullet casing, was dropped into an evidence bag.

Investigators then retraced their footsteps as they ran a metal detector over the same area.

A front window was shattered after being struck twice by bullets.

Residents described a car pulling up and one person getting out to fire a gun into the house.

One woman, who did not want to be named, said: “It wasn’t long after midnight, and I heard two loud bangs. It gave me a real shock.”

A 58-year-old resident of Townsend said: “It was the shots and the sound of roaring away that everyone heard.

“It’s a nightmare to hear about this type of drive-by shooting.”

Police said they were called at 12.30am. A woman living nearby, who asked not to be named, said a car thought to be connected to the incident was seized by officers at around 4.30am.

Detective Chief Inspector John Gately, of the Major Crime Investigation Team, said: “Fortunately, the victim received only minor injuries.

“No weapon has been recovered and we are investigating what type of weapon may have been used.

“I would urge any witnesses and anyone with information in relation to this incident to contact the police as soon as possible in confidence.”

The suspect has been described as a white man, in his 20s, between 5ft 6in and 5ft 9in tall. He was wearing a dark top.

Police said it was unclear whether a vehicle leaving the area was connected to the incidents.

No arrests have been made.

Anyone with information should call Dorset Police on 101, quoting incident number 16:001, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

'Area had changed hugely over the years'

The shooting came as a shock in a community which has prided itself on putting past problems behind it.

Resident Mandy Jones, 67, said: “It makes me want to cry. All the change at Townsend for this to happen.”

Claire Geraghty, chair of the Townsend Community Centre, said the area had changed hugely over the years.

“So much good has been done,” she said.

Michael Bowey, who has lived at Townsend for more than a decade, said: “I’ve never had a problem here.

“It’s a real shock to hear about because I absolutely love living here. I’ve never had any trouble at all.”

His words were echoed by Kate McElhatton, who lives just outside of Townsend.

“It’s shocking,” she said.

“There are lots of elderly people and young families living here. Even in the summer, when all the kids are out of school, all you can hear are the birds singing.”

Liz Bowden has lived in a house opposite the scene of the shooting for 38 years.

She said although she slept through the incident, her husband heard it unfold.

“He said there were two loud bangs and then a car shot off,” she said.

“I didn’t know anything about it until the police rang my doorbell in the early hours.”

She said she wasn’t well acquainted with the people currently living in the property, but added: “I’ve always found them to be polite and it’s not nice at all to hear.”

Strouden Park ward councillor John Adams, who also chairs Dorset’s police and crime panel, said: “It’s absolutely shocked me.

“It’s a real shame because we’ve done such an awful lot of work with the teams we have in there. There’s a new atmosphere there at Townsend and this is something I wasn’t even dreaming about.

“I hope this is a one-off incident and people will be able to relax and feel safe.”

One man at Townsend Community Centre said: “We don’t usually get that sort of thing around here. We have our ups and downs and you get people having fights but you don’t usually get that sort of thing. It’s usually a very quiet place.

“You might have this and then you get nothing else for a couple of years. It could be someone from out of town.

“It’s not a bad area, it’s a good area."

Comments (35)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:41am Wed 16 Apr 14

AmsterdamMan says...

Just another shot in the dark.
Just another shot in the dark. AmsterdamMan
  • Score: -24

8:19am Wed 16 Apr 14

hooplaa says...

A lot more dogs get walked when incidents like this occur!
A lot more dogs get walked when incidents like this occur! hooplaa
  • Score: 34

8:30am Wed 16 Apr 14

BIGTONE says...

Yeeeeehaaaa!
Yeeeeehaaaa! BIGTONE
  • Score: 9

9:16am Wed 16 Apr 14

BournemouthMum says...

I bet the Echo are excited about this, they can report some actual real news for a change instead of the usual nonsense ;)
I bet the Echo are excited about this, they can report some actual real news for a change instead of the usual nonsense ;) BournemouthMum
  • Score: 23

11:18am Wed 16 Apr 14

uvox44 says...

another fascinating video
another fascinating video uvox44
  • Score: 10

1:29pm Wed 16 Apr 14

BarrHumbug says...

Heading should read:
Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house.

The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI
Heading should read: Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house. The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI BarrHumbug
  • Score: 4

2:04pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Baysider says...

BarrHumbug wrote:
Heading should read:
Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house.

The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI
Never heard of a shotgun pellet then?

Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.
[quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: Heading should read: Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house. The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI[/p][/quote]Never heard of a shotgun pellet then? Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance. Baysider
  • Score: 20

2:36pm Wed 16 Apr 14

BarrHumbug says...

Baysider wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
Heading should read:
Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house.

The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI
Never heard of a shotgun pellet then?

Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.
Oh yeah, a shotgun pellet. Don't the police know what a shot gun pellet looks like then?
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: Heading should read: Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house. The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI[/p][/quote]Never heard of a shotgun pellet then? Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.[/p][/quote]Oh yeah, a shotgun pellet. Don't the police know what a shot gun pellet looks like then? BarrHumbug
  • Score: -17

2:41pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Baysider says...

BarrHumbug wrote:
Baysider wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
Heading should read:
Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house.

The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI
Never heard of a shotgun pellet then?

Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.
Oh yeah, a shotgun pellet. Don't the police know what a shot gun pellet looks like then?
Oh it does make me laugh when people give themselves a thumbs up like it actually matters.
[quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: Heading should read: Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house. The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI[/p][/quote]Never heard of a shotgun pellet then? Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.[/p][/quote]Oh yeah, a shotgun pellet. Don't the police know what a shot gun pellet looks like then?[/p][/quote]Oh it does make me laugh when people give themselves a thumbs up like it actually matters. Baysider
  • Score: -10

3:36pm Wed 16 Apr 14

retry69 says...

Baysider wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
Baysider wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
Heading should read:
Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house.

The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI
Never heard of a shotgun pellet then?

Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.
Oh yeah, a shotgun pellet. Don't the police know what a shot gun pellet looks like then?
Oh it does make me laugh when people give themselves a thumbs up like it actually matters.
Look we understand you are upset about your band not getting through to the next round of X factor but don't take it out of the rest of the commenters.
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: Heading should read: Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house. The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI[/p][/quote]Never heard of a shotgun pellet then? Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.[/p][/quote]Oh yeah, a shotgun pellet. Don't the police know what a shot gun pellet looks like then?[/p][/quote]Oh it does make me laugh when people give themselves a thumbs up like it actually matters.[/p][/quote]Look we understand you are upset about your band not getting through to the next round of X factor but don't take it out of the rest of the commenters. retry69
  • Score: 10

4:17pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Sir Beachy Head says...

Townsend is very near the Hospital. Very handy if you're going to house ruffians that attract crime and punishment.

The West Howe lot have to get a bus to be treated. I expect they'll be moaning about that next !

Some people, honestly.
Townsend is very near the Hospital. Very handy if you're going to house ruffians that attract crime and punishment. The West Howe lot have to get a bus to be treated. I expect they'll be moaning about that next ! Some people, honestly. Sir Beachy Head
  • Score: 0

4:39pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Baysider says...

retry69 wrote:
Baysider wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
Baysider wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
Heading should read:
Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house.

The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI
Never heard of a shotgun pellet then?

Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.
Oh yeah, a shotgun pellet. Don't the police know what a shot gun pellet looks like then?
Oh it does make me laugh when people give themselves a thumbs up like it actually matters.
Look we understand you are upset about your band not getting through to the next round of X factor but don't take it out of the rest of the commenters.
Nope, you've lost me there sorry.
[quote][p][bold]retry69[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: Heading should read: Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house. The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI[/p][/quote]Never heard of a shotgun pellet then? Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.[/p][/quote]Oh yeah, a shotgun pellet. Don't the police know what a shot gun pellet looks like then?[/p][/quote]Oh it does make me laugh when people give themselves a thumbs up like it actually matters.[/p][/quote]Look we understand you are upset about your band not getting through to the next round of X factor but don't take it out of the rest of the commenters.[/p][/quote]Nope, you've lost me there sorry. Baysider
  • Score: -4

4:43pm Wed 16 Apr 14

BournemouthMum says...

I see they've updated the headline now to 'drive-by shooting', sounds a bit more dramatic than 'shots fired into house'. My God - can we cope with the drama?
I see they've updated the headline now to 'drive-by shooting', sounds a bit more dramatic than 'shots fired into house'. My God - can we cope with the drama? BournemouthMum
  • Score: 24

4:50pm Wed 16 Apr 14

scrumpyjack says...

Baysider wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
Heading should read:
Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house.

The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI
Never heard of a shotgun pellet then?

Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.
Shotguns do not leave small single holes.

Nor do they fire 'bullets' as referred to a number of times.

Jeez posters on here to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.....
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: Heading should read: Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house. The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI[/p][/quote]Never heard of a shotgun pellet then? Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.[/p][/quote]Shotguns do not leave small single holes. Nor do they fire 'bullets' as referred to a number of times. Jeez posters on here to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance..... scrumpyjack
  • Score: -17

5:23pm Wed 16 Apr 14

mgibbs says...

BarrHumbug wrote:
Heading should read:
Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house.

The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI
Air rifles don't make loud bangs, nor do they leave bullet casings behind.
[quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: Heading should read: Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house. The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI[/p][/quote]Air rifles don't make loud bangs, nor do they leave bullet casings behind. mgibbs
  • Score: 13

5:41pm Wed 16 Apr 14

retry69 says...

Baysider wrote:
retry69 wrote:
Baysider wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
Baysider wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
Heading should read:
Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house.

The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI
Never heard of a shotgun pellet then?

Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.
Oh yeah, a shotgun pellet. Don't the police know what a shot gun pellet looks like then?
Oh it does make me laugh when people give themselves a thumbs up like it actually matters.
Look we understand you are upset about your band not getting through to the next round of X factor but don't take it out of the rest of the commenters.
Nope, you've lost me there sorry.
Quite easily too :)
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]retry69[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: Heading should read: Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house. The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI[/p][/quote]Never heard of a shotgun pellet then? Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.[/p][/quote]Oh yeah, a shotgun pellet. Don't the police know what a shot gun pellet looks like then?[/p][/quote]Oh it does make me laugh when people give themselves a thumbs up like it actually matters.[/p][/quote]Look we understand you are upset about your band not getting through to the next round of X factor but don't take it out of the rest of the commenters.[/p][/quote]Nope, you've lost me there sorry.[/p][/quote]Quite easily too :) retry69
  • Score: 6

6:31pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Yankee1 says...

There were 39 drive by shootings in Chicago last weekend. Obama's city.

You can bet the calibres were more than 'pellets'.

Some spotty teenager took a pot shot because he wanted pot. No big deal.

Arrest the toad; give him 25 years; problem solved.
There were 39 drive by shootings in Chicago last weekend. Obama's city. You can bet the calibres were more than 'pellets'. Some spotty teenager took a pot shot because he wanted pot. No big deal. Arrest the toad; give him 25 years; problem solved. Yankee1
  • Score: 7

6:33pm Wed 16 Apr 14

peace77 says...

Sir Beachy Head wrote:
Townsend is very near the Hospital. Very handy if you're going to house ruffians that attract crime and punishment.

The West Howe lot have to get a bus to be treated. I expect they'll be moaning about that next !

Some people, honestly.
Love your ignorance ruffians.. What a joke you are the person shooting the gun could have been someone from your area. Townsend and it's residents are lovely family people. Wherever you live in the world whether you have money no money etc there is always someone committing a crime not just on estates many high class people commit crimes so ignorance on your behalf
[quote][p][bold]Sir Beachy Head[/bold] wrote: Townsend is very near the Hospital. Very handy if you're going to house ruffians that attract crime and punishment. The West Howe lot have to get a bus to be treated. I expect they'll be moaning about that next ! Some people, honestly.[/p][/quote]Love your ignorance ruffians.. What a joke you are the person shooting the gun could have been someone from your area. Townsend and it's residents are lovely family people. Wherever you live in the world whether you have money no money etc there is always someone committing a crime not just on estates many high class people commit crimes so ignorance on your behalf peace77
  • Score: 10

6:44pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Wageslave says...

So the Townsend has changed vastly over the years ?, maybe that is due to the VAST sums of money spent on it. Of course it is a nice for those who came from Liverpool but it is people who make it good or bad.
So the Townsend has changed vastly over the years ?, maybe that is due to the VAST sums of money spent on it. Of course it is a nice for those who came from Liverpool but it is people who make it good or bad. Wageslave
  • Score: 15

6:51pm Wed 16 Apr 14

itsneverblackorwhite says...

Drive by shooting, hardly the Bronx is it!
Drive by shooting, hardly the Bronx is it! itsneverblackorwhite
  • Score: 8

7:18pm Wed 16 Apr 14

guisselle says...

The Lone Ranger strikes again! Tonto is hiding in his wig wham!
The Lone Ranger strikes again! Tonto is hiding in his wig wham! guisselle
  • Score: -2

7:35pm Wed 16 Apr 14

elite50 says...

How can it be a "drive by" shooting if the bloke, stops his car, gets out, shoots, gets back In his car and drives away?
How can it be a "drive by" shooting if the bloke, stops his car, gets out, shoots, gets back In his car and drives away? elite50
  • Score: 16

9:27pm Wed 16 Apr 14

Baysider says...

scrumpyjack wrote:
Baysider wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
Heading should read:
Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house.

The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI
Never heard of a shotgun pellet then?

Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.
Shotguns do not leave small single holes.

Nor do they fire 'bullets' as referred to a number of times.

Jeez posters on here to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.....
Er...the story was updated after I made my comments but whatever floats your boat Scrumpy.
[quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: Heading should read: Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house. The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI[/p][/quote]Never heard of a shotgun pellet then? Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.[/p][/quote]Shotguns do not leave small single holes. Nor do they fire 'bullets' as referred to a number of times. Jeez posters on here to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.....[/p][/quote]Er...the story was updated after I made my comments but whatever floats your boat Scrumpy. Baysider
  • Score: 6

9:34pm Wed 16 Apr 14

whataboutthat says...

This really is shiiiite journalism isn' it?
This really is shiiiite journalism isn' it? whataboutthat
  • Score: 7

10:02pm Wed 16 Apr 14

chris100 says...

Echo reporter a drive by shooting is when they drive by and shoot not when they get out the car to shoot I suggest you go back to school and learn
Echo reporter a drive by shooting is when they drive by and shoot not when they get out the car to shoot I suggest you go back to school and learn chris100
  • Score: 8

10:11pm Wed 16 Apr 14

whataboutthat says...

Look, nothing much happens in BH...end of...certainly not enough to support a daily newspaper! Jeez... cat stuck in tree shiiiiite - best effort...sell the ads and move on...
Look, nothing much happens in BH...end of...certainly not enough to support a daily newspaper! Jeez... cat stuck in tree shiiiiite - best effort...sell the ads and move on... whataboutthat
  • Score: -2

11:08pm Wed 16 Apr 14

hooplaa says...

lol 'drive by shooting'

Hunt for gunman after 'drive-by shooting' on the Townsend estate

By Alex Winter and Darren Slade
lol 'drive by shooting' Hunt for gunman after 'drive-by shooting' on the Townsend estate By Alex Winter and Darren Slade hooplaa
  • Score: 2

8:47am Thu 17 Apr 14

gary@plumbandbuild.com says...

Great work with a video update, looks like a stalker recorded it from behind a tree!!!
Great work with a video update, looks like a stalker recorded it from behind a tree!!! gary@plumbandbuild.com
  • Score: 3

9:03am Thu 17 Apr 14

scrumpyjack says...

Baysider wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Baysider wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
Heading should read:
Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house.

The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI
Never heard of a shotgun pellet then?

Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.
Shotguns do not leave small single holes.

Nor do they fire 'bullets' as referred to a number of times.

Jeez posters on here to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.....
Er...the story was updated after I made my comments but whatever floats your boat Scrumpy.
Ok if you and others want to believe that fine, but I saw the photos in the first edition which highlighted 2 small holes.

So I must be a liar.
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: Heading should read: Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house. The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI[/p][/quote]Never heard of a shotgun pellet then? Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.[/p][/quote]Shotguns do not leave small single holes. Nor do they fire 'bullets' as referred to a number of times. Jeez posters on here to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.....[/p][/quote]Er...the story was updated after I made my comments but whatever floats your boat Scrumpy.[/p][/quote]Ok if you and others want to believe that fine, but I saw the photos in the first edition which highlighted 2 small holes. So I must be a liar. scrumpyjack
  • Score: 1

9:37am Thu 17 Apr 14

Squars says...

Thank goodness for our very strict gun lawsa....
Oh, hang on....
Thank goodness for our very strict gun lawsa.... Oh, hang on.... Squars
  • Score: 2

10:01am Thu 17 Apr 14

The Liberal says...

elite50 wrote:
How can it be a "drive by" shooting if the bloke, stops his car, gets out, shoots, gets back In his car and drives away?
Exactly. Every definition I've seen of the term says it involves firing from a moving vehicle.
[quote][p][bold]elite50[/bold] wrote: How can it be a "drive by" shooting if the bloke, stops his car, gets out, shoots, gets back In his car and drives away?[/p][/quote]Exactly. Every definition I've seen of the term says it involves firing from a moving vehicle. The Liberal
  • Score: 5

12:40pm Thu 17 Apr 14

BarrHumbug says...

elite50 wrote:
How can it be a "drive by" shooting if the bloke, stops his car, gets out, shoots, gets back In his car and drives away?
Maybe thats just how the gangsters roll down here in Dorset?
[quote][p][bold]elite50[/bold] wrote: How can it be a "drive by" shooting if the bloke, stops his car, gets out, shoots, gets back In his car and drives away?[/p][/quote]Maybe thats just how the gangsters roll down here in Dorset? BarrHumbug
  • Score: -1

5:15pm Thu 17 Apr 14

chris100 says...

Sounds like. Someone has ripped a dealer off
Sounds like. Someone has ripped a dealer off chris100
  • Score: 3

6:02pm Thu 17 Apr 14

Yankee1 says...

Baysider wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
Heading should read:
Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house.

The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI
Never heard of a shotgun pellet then?

Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.
There would not be a window left with a shotgun blast.

Airfix pellet gun.
[quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: Heading should read: Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house. The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI[/p][/quote]Never heard of a shotgun pellet then? Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.[/p][/quote]There would not be a window left with a shotgun blast. Airfix pellet gun. Yankee1
  • Score: 1

9:42pm Thu 17 Apr 14

O'Reilly says...

Yankee1 wrote:
Baysider wrote:
BarrHumbug wrote:
Heading should read:
Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house.

The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI
Never heard of a shotgun pellet then?

Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.
There would not be a window left with a shotgun blast.

Airfix pellet gun.
Yep......you can get a nice Crosman M4.177 Pump Air Rifle for 120 pound...
[quote][p][bold]Yankee1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Baysider[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]BarrHumbug[/bold] wrote: Heading should read: Man left with pink mark to skin and a bit of a sting after pellet gun fired into house. The police are investigating what type of weapon may have been used - Urrrrr Durrrrgh, it was a pellet gun, try asking the guy who was hit by the pellet, CSI.....more like MFI[/p][/quote]Never heard of a shotgun pellet then? Jeez posters on here need to stop and think before demonstrating their ignorance.[/p][/quote]There would not be a window left with a shotgun blast. Airfix pellet gun.[/p][/quote]Yep......you can get a nice Crosman M4.177 Pump Air Rifle for 120 pound... O'Reilly
  • Score: -2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree