When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
10 signs you work in Bournemouth town centre
10:00am Friday 16th May 2014 in News
Things you know if your job is based in the middle of Bournemouth
1. You know there's no such thing as "popping to Poole for a meeting".
Take the scenic route or join the queue at County Gates - either way it'll take you AT LEAST an hour to get there and back.
2. You always wear suncream on the beach
Because you've stood behind too many lobster-red teenagers in the queue at Shakeaway
3. You'd never walk through town in your swimwear
Queuing for toothpaste in a bikini is never a good look. This isn't LA.
4. If your boss offered you a pay rise or a permanent parking space in the town centre, you'd probably take the parking space.
5. If you end up working on a Bank Holiday, you don't bother trying to drive home until after dark.
6. You know that if the Spur Road is closed, it's not actually quicker to go down Matchams Lane. But you do it anyway, because at least you're moving. Until you get to the junction, anyway.
7. After five years of the Air Festival, you can tell a Vulcan from a Hunter just by listening.
You still stick your head out of the window for the Red Arrows though.
8. You were bitterly disappointed when Borders closed.
But you still go to Tesco for lunch at least once a week.
9. You'll end up with at least three bruises if you attempt to walk down Richmond Hill when it's icy
10. If you go out for a lunch break in the summer, you'll be asked how to get to the beach/tourism information centre/train station at least once.
Think of something we've missed from our list? we'd love to hear your suggestions!
Add a comment below or email us at email@example.com
Comments are closed on this article.