Firefighters called to Tregonwell Road, West Cliff, after food catches light

Bournemouth Echo: Man rescued from flat blaze after falling asleep while cooking Man rescued from flat blaze after falling asleep while cooking

A MAN was rescued by firefighters tonight after a fire broke out in a flat while he was asleep.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said it was called at 9.09pm after reports of smoke coming from the home in Tregonwell Road on the West Cliff, Bournemouth.

Crews from Westbourne and Springbourne fire stations went to the scene and forced entry in to the flat.

They found that some cooking had been left unattended and had caught light.

A spokesman for the service said: "The occupant had fallen asleep after starting to cook and, fortunately before the smoke level dropped low enough to affect them, was rescued by firefighters."

Crews removed the cooking from the flat and limited fire damage to the food itself, but the flat was left severely smoke-logged.

The spokesman added: "We would like to remind householders not to leave cooking unattended and to not cook at all if over-tired or under the influence of alcohol or drugs."

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:08am Mon 31 Mar 14

anotherfatslob says...

Don't blame drugs,it's alcohol,which is a drug,but different.
Don't blame drugs,it's alcohol,which is a drug,but different. anotherfatslob
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree