Three-car collision on Barrack Road followed by a two-car crash on Stony Lane roundabout

UPDATE: Two crashes in Christchurch cause long delays for motorists

Emergency services called to three-car crash on Barrack Road in Christchurch

The aftermath of the crash on Stony Lane roundabout

First published in News
Last updated
by

EMERGENCY services were called to deal with a three car-crash on Barrack Road in Christchurch on Saturday lunchtime.

A second crash, on the Stony Lane roundabout, took place just over 10 minutes later.

Both incidents caused long delays for motorists in the area. 

Police were called at 12.36pm to the incident outside Cheriton Dental Practice, opposite the Shell garage.

The fire service were also requested.

The three vehicles involved included an Audi estate, a Nissan Micra and a Honda Civic.

Two fire engines, a fire car and an ambulance were also in attendance.

Firefighters cut off the roof of the Nissan Micra car and one person was put on a stretcher and taken to hospital via ambulance.

Click here for more information on the roads in the area

Police were also called to another crash on the Stony Lane roundabout at 12.49pm.

Two vehicles had collided on the roundabout.

Police, ambulance and fire were called to the scene.

The two cars involved were a silver Peugeot 206 and a black Vauxhall Astra.

The roof of the silver Peugeot was cut off. 

A car also flipped onto its side after coming off the road in Lymington Road, Highcliffe around 1.15pm on Saturday.

Comments (7)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:36pm Sat 22 Mar 14

spooki says...

Good grief
Good grief spooki
  • Score: 4

9:04pm Sat 22 Mar 14

Avengerboy says...

Can we use our roof cutter gaffer? ... oh go on then ....
Can we use our roof cutter gaffer? ... oh go on then .... Avengerboy
  • Score: 3

10:38pm Sat 22 Mar 14

Yankee1 says...

We had a Cessna crash on our main road this morning. Pilot killed; teenage daughter and friend survived.

Take care, folks. You can never tell................
..

http://www.tampabay.
com/news/publicsafet
y/accidents/small-pl
ane-crashes-into-med
ian-of-mcmullen-boot
h-road-in-north-pine
llas/2171457
We had a Cessna crash on our main road this morning. Pilot killed; teenage daughter and friend survived. Take care, folks. You can never tell................ .. http://www.tampabay. com/news/publicsafet y/accidents/small-pl ane-crashes-into-med ian-of-mcmullen-boot h-road-in-north-pine llas/2171457 Yankee1
  • Score: 0

9:43am Sun 23 Mar 14

Ash_69 says...

Avengerboy wrote:
Can we use our roof cutter gaffer? ... oh go on then ....
Alas, If an occupant is complaining of a bad back or whiplash in one of the vehicles, then you can't simply remove them from the car through the door but need to take them out on a spinal board and in neck braces.

This will usually mean through the roof of the vehicle as moving them any other way is almost impossible.

There have been situations where people have got out of their car and into someone else's or even a police car and then had delayed pain which has resulted in the roof of a perfectly innocent car being removed.

It has become more common in recent years along with the rise in claims of whiplash injuries and the number of lawyers wanting to fins a claim for those involved.
[quote][p][bold]Avengerboy[/bold] wrote: Can we use our roof cutter gaffer? ... oh go on then ....[/p][/quote]Alas, If an occupant is complaining of a bad back or whiplash in one of the vehicles, then you can't simply remove them from the car through the door but need to take them out on a spinal board and in neck braces. This will usually mean through the roof of the vehicle as moving them any other way is almost impossible. There have been situations where people have got out of their car and into someone else's or even a police car and then had delayed pain which has resulted in the roof of a perfectly innocent car being removed. It has become more common in recent years along with the rise in claims of whiplash injuries and the number of lawyers wanting to fins a claim for those involved. Ash_69
  • Score: 3

9:45am Sun 23 Mar 14

Ash_69 says...

Ans as someone who worked in the insurance industry, the checks on those injuries are becoming stricter.

We were getting people upset though as they didn't realise their car would be written off because of the pain felt at the time, and then when the valuation of fair market rate for their car was less than they thought.
Ans as someone who worked in the insurance industry, the checks on those injuries are becoming stricter. We were getting people upset though as they didn't realise their car would be written off because of the pain felt at the time, and then when the valuation of fair market rate for their car was less than they thought. Ash_69
  • Score: 0

11:11am Sun 23 Mar 14

bobsworthforever says...

Ash_69 wrote:
Avengerboy wrote:
Can we use our roof cutter gaffer? ... oh go on then ....
Alas, If an occupant is complaining of a bad back or whiplash in one of the vehicles, then you can't simply remove them from the car through the door but need to take them out on a spinal board and in neck braces.

This will usually mean through the roof of the vehicle as moving them any other way is almost impossible.

There have been situations where people have got out of their car and into someone else's or even a police car and then had delayed pain which has resulted in the roof of a perfectly innocent car being removed.

It has become more common in recent years along with the rise in claims of whiplash injuries and the number of lawyers wanting to fins a claim for those involved.
What I think I must be misreading your comments if im involved in a collision and get out of my car apparently OK then go and sit in a Police car and then complain of a bit of whiplash they have to cut the roof of the Police car off to get me out,who pays for that then
[quote][p][bold]Ash_69[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Avengerboy[/bold] wrote: Can we use our roof cutter gaffer? ... oh go on then ....[/p][/quote]Alas, If an occupant is complaining of a bad back or whiplash in one of the vehicles, then you can't simply remove them from the car through the door but need to take them out on a spinal board and in neck braces. This will usually mean through the roof of the vehicle as moving them any other way is almost impossible. There have been situations where people have got out of their car and into someone else's or even a police car and then had delayed pain which has resulted in the roof of a perfectly innocent car being removed. It has become more common in recent years along with the rise in claims of whiplash injuries and the number of lawyers wanting to fins a claim for those involved.[/p][/quote]What I think I must be misreading your comments if im involved in a collision and get out of my car apparently OK then go and sit in a Police car and then complain of a bit of whiplash they have to cut the roof of the Police car off to get me out,who pays for that then bobsworthforever
  • Score: 3

12:17pm Sun 23 Mar 14

Ash_69 says...

bobsworthforever wrote:
Ash_69 wrote:
Avengerboy wrote:
Can we use our roof cutter gaffer? ... oh go on then ....
Alas, If an occupant is complaining of a bad back or whiplash in one of the vehicles, then you can't simply remove them from the car through the door but need to take them out on a spinal board and in neck braces.

This will usually mean through the roof of the vehicle as moving them any other way is almost impossible.

There have been situations where people have got out of their car and into someone else's or even a police car and then had delayed pain which has resulted in the roof of a perfectly innocent car being removed.

It has become more common in recent years along with the rise in claims of whiplash injuries and the number of lawyers wanting to fins a claim for those involved.
What I think I must be misreading your comments if im involved in a collision and get out of my car apparently OK then go and sit in a Police car and then complain of a bit of whiplash they have to cut the roof of the Police car off to get me out,who pays for that then
I'm afraid so.

http://www.portsmout
h.co.uk/news/traffic
-travel/travel-lates
t/roof-is-cut-off-po
lice-car-to-get-to-w
oman-1-3382157

And there are more stories on the web.

I imagine it would come down to the insurance companies, but in the end we all pay through more taxes or higher insurance premiums.
[quote][p][bold]bobsworthforever[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ash_69[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Avengerboy[/bold] wrote: Can we use our roof cutter gaffer? ... oh go on then ....[/p][/quote]Alas, If an occupant is complaining of a bad back or whiplash in one of the vehicles, then you can't simply remove them from the car through the door but need to take them out on a spinal board and in neck braces. This will usually mean through the roof of the vehicle as moving them any other way is almost impossible. There have been situations where people have got out of their car and into someone else's or even a police car and then had delayed pain which has resulted in the roof of a perfectly innocent car being removed. It has become more common in recent years along with the rise in claims of whiplash injuries and the number of lawyers wanting to fins a claim for those involved.[/p][/quote]What I think I must be misreading your comments if im involved in a collision and get out of my car apparently OK then go and sit in a Police car and then complain of a bit of whiplash they have to cut the roof of the Police car off to get me out,who pays for that then[/p][/quote]I'm afraid so. http://www.portsmout h.co.uk/news/traffic -travel/travel-lates t/roof-is-cut-off-po lice-car-to-get-to-w oman-1-3382157 And there are more stories on the web. I imagine it would come down to the insurance companies, but in the end we all pay through more taxes or higher insurance premiums. Ash_69
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree