- The planning meeting taking place this morning at Poole’s Lighthouse Theatre has been lodged by the council’s own environmental and consumer protection services.
- Committee members will be debating and voting on plans for two temporary stopping sites for travellers and gypsies.
- These two separate proposals are for 12 pitches at Marshes End, Creekmoor, and four pitches at land north of the B&Q car park, Broadstone Way.
- Officials have argued that by having designated temporary stopping places within the borough, they hope to avoid a repeat of last summer that saw a number of unauthorised encampments encroach on the town’s parks and open spaces.
- However, full council decide in eight days time whether to take the latest £400,000 offer for Marshes End site in Creekmoor.