Simple swimming trip ends in ‘disaster’ for family at Littledown Centre

Bournemouth Echo: SPLASH: Andrea Potts-Pointer with her sons Alex, 8, and Aiden, 4 SPLASH: Andrea Potts-Pointer with her sons Alex, 8, and Aiden, 4

A SIMPLE swimming trip ended in disappointment for a mother and her children who spent almost two hours waiting to get into the water.

Andrea Potts-Pointer and her sons Alex, eight, and Aiden, four, went to the Littledown Centre, Bournemouth, during February half-term to go swimming but said a “chaotic” booking system and bad customer service left them fuming.

They arrived at 10.20am but were told a ‘Wet and Wacky’ session was due to start within an hour and they should wait for this.

They were advised to come back at 11.45am to buy their tickets so waited in the cafe, paying £9.95 for three drinks and two portions of chips.

At 11.30am they went back to reception and were given green tickets and told to come back and pay at midday.

However, five minutes before midday, yellow ticket holders – who had arrived after green ticket holders – were called up instead. When she and other customers queried this, Andrea said they were simply ‘fobbed off’.

“No-one could explain what was going on, the staff were more interested in criticising the system, which was not very professional.

“We walked out at about 12.15pm. We were there nearly two hours, spent £10 and none of us got to go swimming.”

Richard Flower, Littledown Centre operations manager, said they had trialled a four-hour Wet and Wacky open session to try and cope with increased demand but had since reverted back to fixed times sessions and allowed customers to book in advance.

He said: “We are very sorry Mrs Potts-Pointer didn’t have a great experience with us and would like to reassure her that this is not representative of our customer service.

“We will be looking into this further and, as a gesture of goodwill, invite Mrs Potts-Pointer and her children back for a Wet and Wacky session.”

However Mrs Potts-Pointer, of Burton, said they were not interested in going back.

“I never wanted anything for free, I just wanted them to improve their communication and customer service so other families are not left disappointed,” she said.

Comments (46)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:04pm Fri 14 Mar 14

Boscomite says...

In what way is this a disaster?
In what way is this a disaster? Boscomite
  • Score: 103

12:13pm Fri 14 Mar 14

hadvar says...

Boscomite wrote:
In what way is this a disaster?
C'mon Boscomite. Look at the photo! Clearly this is a disaster. Move over Fukoshima Dai Ichi, Mount Pinatubo, or the boxing day tsunami. These people didn't get to swim AND they had to buy some overpriced chips. Unless immediate measures are taken to prevent a repeat, I'd say that the time has come for the people of Bornemouth to, and I dont use this word lightly, panic.
[quote][p][bold]Boscomite[/bold] wrote: In what way is this a disaster?[/p][/quote]C'mon Boscomite. Look at the photo! Clearly this is a disaster. Move over Fukoshima Dai Ichi, Mount Pinatubo, or the boxing day tsunami. These people didn't get to swim AND they had to buy some overpriced chips. Unless immediate measures are taken to prevent a repeat, I'd say that the time has come for the people of Bornemouth to, and I dont use this word lightly, panic. hadvar
  • Score: 109

12:13pm Fri 14 Mar 14

we-shall-see says...

Boscomite wrote:
In what way is this a disaster?
A "disaster" these days often seems to involve children not getting what they want. I am sure the little darlings were very disappointed - but such is life and once they learn life is full of disappointments and how to handle them, I'm sure they will grow up to be well rounded individuals, instead of spoilt brats expecting everything on a plate :o/
[quote][p][bold]Boscomite[/bold] wrote: In what way is this a disaster?[/p][/quote]A "disaster" these days often seems to involve children not getting what they want. I am sure the little darlings were very disappointed - but such is life and once they learn life is full of disappointments and how to handle them, I'm sure they will grow up to be well rounded individuals, instead of spoilt brats expecting everything on a plate :o/ we-shall-see
  • Score: 63

12:26pm Fri 14 Mar 14

HRH of Boscombe says...

Swimming trip ends disaster!?!
.
What would you say if someone drowned Echo?
Swimming trip ends disaster!?! . What would you say if someone drowned Echo? HRH of Boscombe
  • Score: 29

12:30pm Fri 14 Mar 14

whataboutthat says...

Andrea Alex Aiden - there are other letters in the alphabet! Your 'story' is meat n'drink to the merciless lot on here - mind you, you have set yourself up for it with the swimming themed misery pic. Made my day. Go on - have a compo swim.
Andrea Alex Aiden - there are other letters in the alphabet! Your 'story' is meat n'drink to the merciless lot on here - mind you, you have set yourself up for it with the swimming themed misery pic. Made my day. Go on - have a compo swim. whataboutthat
  • Score: 35

12:36pm Fri 14 Mar 14

Teddy 1 says...

The operations manager made a very good but very inaccurate point (time to pull your PR advisors up flr a very poor quote):

He said: “We are very sorry Mrs Potts-Pointer didn’t have a great experience with us and would like to reassure her that this is not representative of our customer service.

May be your quote should instead have read "..not normally representative..'as clearly this actually was very poor customer service. I for one always fee the customer service at the centre actually lets the place down and I know many people agree with this. Pay in advance and they cannot find the receipt, queue up to pay when you get there and you end up waiting for ages to be served. Sad really as an excellent facility otherwise.
The operations manager made a very good but very inaccurate point (time to pull your PR advisors up flr a very poor quote): He said: “We are very sorry Mrs Potts-Pointer didn’t have a great experience with us and would like to reassure her that this is not representative of our customer service. May be your quote should instead have read "..not normally representative..'as clearly this actually was very poor customer service. I for one always fee the customer service at the centre actually lets the place down and I know many people agree with this. Pay in advance and they cannot find the receipt, queue up to pay when you get there and you end up waiting for ages to be served. Sad really as an excellent facility otherwise. Teddy 1
  • Score: 7

12:45pm Fri 14 Mar 14

agp1337 says...

Boscomite wrote:
In what way is this a disaster?
I agree. I agree it was not good organisation but when I read the headline I assumed that a child had drowned or been seriously hurt, or something.
[quote][p][bold]Boscomite[/bold] wrote: In what way is this a disaster?[/p][/quote]I agree. I agree it was not good organisation but when I read the headline I assumed that a child had drowned or been seriously hurt, or something. agp1337
  • Score: 69

12:55pm Fri 14 Mar 14

retry69 says...

agp1337 wrote:
Boscomite wrote:
In what way is this a disaster?
I agree. I agree it was not good organisation but when I read the headline I assumed that a child had drowned or been seriously hurt, or something.
My thoughts exactly what a stupid ******* irresponsible headline that is.
[quote][p][bold]agp1337[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Boscomite[/bold] wrote: In what way is this a disaster?[/p][/quote]I agree. I agree it was not good organisation but when I read the headline I assumed that a child had drowned or been seriously hurt, or something.[/p][/quote]My thoughts exactly what a stupid ******* irresponsible headline that is. retry69
  • Score: 53

1:16pm Fri 14 Mar 14

stevobath says...

What an amusing & whacky photo...Certainly looks like they experienced a disaster, NOT.

I thought something bad had happened.
What an amusing & whacky photo...Certainly looks like they experienced a disaster, NOT. I thought something bad had happened. stevobath
  • Score: 32

1:29pm Fri 14 Mar 14

Dibbles2 says...

I guess they will be using their local pool from now on and supporting them.
I guess they will be using their local pool from now on and supporting them. Dibbles2
  • Score: 18

1:30pm Fri 14 Mar 14

spooki says...

The food and drinks in their cafe are a disaster. I assumed from the headline someone had been injured or something!
The food and drinks in their cafe are a disaster. I assumed from the headline someone had been injured or something! spooki
  • Score: 16

1:36pm Fri 14 Mar 14

Vikki27 says...

hadvar wrote:
Boscomite wrote:
In what way is this a disaster?
C'mon Boscomite. Look at the photo! Clearly this is a disaster. Move over Fukoshima Dai Ichi, Mount Pinatubo, or the boxing day tsunami. These people didn't get to swim AND they had to buy some overpriced chips. Unless immediate measures are taken to prevent a repeat, I'd say that the time has come for the people of Bornemouth to, and I dont use this word lightly, panic.
Rofl!!! This comment made the insipid story worth reading!

'Disaster' indeed. Even the Echo knew this was a ridiculous word for it, given that they put the inverted commas around it themselves!
[quote][p][bold]hadvar[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Boscomite[/bold] wrote: In what way is this a disaster?[/p][/quote]C'mon Boscomite. Look at the photo! Clearly this is a disaster. Move over Fukoshima Dai Ichi, Mount Pinatubo, or the boxing day tsunami. These people didn't get to swim AND they had to buy some overpriced chips. Unless immediate measures are taken to prevent a repeat, I'd say that the time has come for the people of Bornemouth to, and I dont use this word lightly, panic.[/p][/quote]Rofl!!! This comment made the insipid story worth reading! 'Disaster' indeed. Even the Echo knew this was a ridiculous word for it, given that they put the inverted commas around it themselves! Vikki27
  • Score: 24

2:18pm Fri 14 Mar 14

Bournemouth87 says...

We had the same problem on the same day. Not ideal and the staff were not exactly helpful but they had no idea what was gping on. This is down to management not organising this in advance and making sure all staff were well equipt to deal with any problems. However by no means was it a disaster we just popped to stokewood road and had a swim there instead happy days
We had the same problem on the same day. Not ideal and the staff were not exactly helpful but they had no idea what was gping on. This is down to management not organising this in advance and making sure all staff were well equipt to deal with any problems. However by no means was it a disaster we just popped to stokewood road and had a swim there instead happy days Bournemouth87
  • Score: 27

3:10pm Fri 14 Mar 14

retry69 says...

Bournemouth87 wrote:
We had the same problem on the same day. Not ideal and the staff were not exactly helpful but they had no idea what was gping on. This is down to management not organising this in advance and making sure all staff were well equipt to deal with any problems. However by no means was it a disaster we just popped to stokewood road and had a swim there instead happy days
See some people show common sense and others ,well .................
Don't
[quote][p][bold]Bournemouth87[/bold] wrote: We had the same problem on the same day. Not ideal and the staff were not exactly helpful but they had no idea what was gping on. This is down to management not organising this in advance and making sure all staff were well equipt to deal with any problems. However by no means was it a disaster we just popped to stokewood road and had a swim there instead happy days[/p][/quote]See some people show common sense and others ,well ................. Don't retry69
  • Score: 27

3:10pm Fri 14 Mar 14

dj2761 says...

And this happened in February, did this traumatic incident have that much off an effect it took until now to tell her story.
And this happened in February, did this traumatic incident have that much off an effect it took until now to tell her story. dj2761
  • Score: 23

4:13pm Fri 14 Mar 14

jinglebell says...

Melanie Vass is an excellent journalist, but as with all reporters, she will be at the mercy of the sub-editor or editor's choice of heading - so who taught that particular twit to select appropriately; it is not a "disaster"?
Melanie Vass is an excellent journalist, but as with all reporters, she will be at the mercy of the sub-editor or editor's choice of heading - so who taught that particular twit to select appropriately; it is not a "disaster"? jinglebell
  • Score: 1

4:31pm Fri 14 Mar 14

billy bumble says...

Boscomite wrote:
In what way is this a disaster?
Oh I think it's right up there with the Japanese and Sri Lankan tsunamis
[quote][p][bold]Boscomite[/bold] wrote: In what way is this a disaster?[/p][/quote]Oh I think it's right up there with the Japanese and Sri Lankan tsunamis billy bumble
  • Score: 19

4:56pm Fri 14 Mar 14

dj2761 says...

I hope they haven't had them goggles on since February.
I hope they haven't had them goggles on since February. dj2761
  • Score: 37

7:22pm Fri 14 Mar 14

Phixer says...

whataboutthat wrote:
Andrea Alex Aiden - there are other letters in the alphabet! Your 'story' is meat n'drink to the merciless lot on here - mind you, you have set yourself up for it with the swimming themed misery pic. Made my day. Go on - have a compo swim.
Some people never learn that we don't do sympathy on this forum!
[quote][p][bold]whataboutthat[/bold] wrote: Andrea Alex Aiden - there are other letters in the alphabet! Your 'story' is meat n'drink to the merciless lot on here - mind you, you have set yourself up for it with the swimming themed misery pic. Made my day. Go on - have a compo swim.[/p][/quote]Some people never learn that we don't do sympathy on this forum! Phixer
  • Score: 14

7:29pm Fri 14 Mar 14

Phixer says...

Are those the latest fashionable NHS specs the kida are wearing? Wonder what they'll think of mum when they realise in years to come that this photo will be on the world-wide web in perpetuity, making them look like a couple of twits? Hardly dressed to go swimming.
Are those the latest fashionable NHS specs the kida are wearing? Wonder what they'll think of mum when they realise in years to come that this photo will be on the world-wide web in perpetuity, making them look like a couple of twits? Hardly dressed to go swimming. Phixer
  • Score: 17

7:41pm Fri 14 Mar 14

dj2761 says...

Phixer wrote:
Are those the latest fashionable NHS specs the kida are wearing? Wonder what they'll think of mum when they realise in years to come that this photo will be on the world-wide web in perpetuity, making them look like a couple of twits? Hardly dressed to go swimming.
Where is the mothers goggles ? Lead by example.
[quote][p][bold]Phixer[/bold] wrote: Are those the latest fashionable NHS specs the kida are wearing? Wonder what they'll think of mum when they realise in years to come that this photo will be on the world-wide web in perpetuity, making them look like a couple of twits? Hardly dressed to go swimming.[/p][/quote]Where is the mothers goggles ? Lead by example. dj2761
  • Score: 13

11:30pm Fri 14 Mar 14

chlo.lou says...

Disaster? We all end up waiting longer than we should be and paying a lot more for things... But its not a disaster
Disaster? We all end up waiting longer than we should be and paying a lot more for things... But its not a disaster chlo.lou
  • Score: 6

11:42pm Fri 14 Mar 14

ragj195 says...

You'd have to pay me a decent sum to take my kids to one of those sessions again. The best time to take kids there is just after one has finished as the pool is empty. God knows why anyone would want to be crammed in a pool surrounded by screaming kids scrambling around for the biggest inflatable. Even my two kids who are 5 and 8 prefer to avoid them. Two Rivers Meet during the weekend. Nice and peaceful with plenty of space to have some fun, unlike Littledown. A real hidden gem.
You'd have to pay me a decent sum to take my kids to one of those sessions again. The best time to take kids there is just after one has finished as the pool is empty. God knows why anyone would want to be crammed in a pool surrounded by screaming kids scrambling around for the biggest inflatable. Even my two kids who are 5 and 8 prefer to avoid them. Two Rivers Meet during the weekend. Nice and peaceful with plenty of space to have some fun, unlike Littledown. A real hidden gem. ragj195
  • Score: 5

1:46am Sat 15 Mar 14

nigelperkins says...

Oh my...maybe should have took the for a free splash within the seven golden miles of clean beach you have...(the softies now getting ready to moan back about how couldi suggest that in febuary)....well all i say is....i did all year round.might make them there young lads turn into men.sorry mum but you are an overthetop moaning ole goat...think sideways.....im back retry69
Oh my...maybe should have took the for a free splash within the seven golden miles of clean beach you have...(the softies now getting ready to moan back about how couldi suggest that in febuary)....well all i say is....i did all year round.might make them there young lads turn into men.sorry mum but you are an overthetop moaning ole goat...think sideways.....im back retry69 nigelperkins
  • Score: 5

5:40am Sat 15 Mar 14

retry69 says...

nigelperkins wrote:
Oh my...maybe should have took the for a free splash within the seven golden miles of clean beach you have...(the softies now getting ready to moan back about how couldi suggest that in febuary)....well all i say is....i did all year round.might make them there young lads turn into men.sorry mum but you are an overthetop moaning ole goat...think sideways.....im back retry69
Early release ? :)
[quote][p][bold]nigelperkins[/bold] wrote: Oh my...maybe should have took the for a free splash within the seven golden miles of clean beach you have...(the softies now getting ready to moan back about how couldi suggest that in febuary)....well all i say is....i did all year round.might make them there young lads turn into men.sorry mum but you are an overthetop moaning ole goat...think sideways.....im back retry69[/p][/quote]Early release ? :) retry69
  • Score: 6

5:45am Sat 15 Mar 14

Ginny nz says...

It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !!
It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !! Ginny nz
  • Score: 8

7:57am Sat 15 Mar 14

ragj195 says...

Ginny nz wrote:
It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !!
Oh no. It's that word "disaster" again. They should put a warning sign in the cafe. Lost count of the number of times I've seen lifeguards saving kids that have just eaten from the bottom of the pool!
[quote][p][bold]Ginny nz[/bold] wrote: It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !![/p][/quote]Oh no. It's that word "disaster" again. They should put a warning sign in the cafe. Lost count of the number of times I've seen lifeguards saving kids that have just eaten from the bottom of the pool! ragj195
  • Score: 6

9:44am Sat 15 Mar 14

Fresh1 says...

Dear Journalist,

Just incase we're unclear that this story is about a disappointing swimming experience, can you make sure you get a picture of the kids wearing their goggles with chin resting on hands?

On another note, who on earth gives their kids chips in the morning???
Dear Journalist, Just incase we're unclear that this story is about a disappointing swimming experience, can you make sure you get a picture of the kids wearing their goggles with chin resting on hands? On another note, who on earth gives their kids chips in the morning??? Fresh1
  • Score: 7

10:43am Sat 15 Mar 14

burgerboy says...

dj2761 wrote:
Phixer wrote:
Are those the latest fashionable NHS specs the kida are wearing? Wonder what they'll think of mum when they realise in years to come that this photo will be on the world-wide web in perpetuity, making them look like a couple of twits? Hardly dressed to go swimming.
Where is the mothers goggles ? Lead by example.
Makes the kids look like a pair of trainee Japanese Kamikaze pilots, all they need is a couple of rising sun headbands.(;o)......
......
[quote][p][bold]dj2761[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Phixer[/bold] wrote: Are those the latest fashionable NHS specs the kida are wearing? Wonder what they'll think of mum when they realise in years to come that this photo will be on the world-wide web in perpetuity, making them look like a couple of twits? Hardly dressed to go swimming.[/p][/quote]Where is the mothers goggles ? Lead by example.[/p][/quote]Makes the kids look like a pair of trainee Japanese Kamikaze pilots, all they need is a couple of rising sun headbands.(;o)...... ...... burgerboy
  • Score: 10

10:55am Sat 15 Mar 14

nickynoodah says...

I was told to leave this pool for doing a pee in the water
I told the manager all of my mates do it in the pool
NOT off the diving board they don't.
kicked me out you know.
I had sneaked in without paying
still got a refund though
I was 33 at the time.
I was told to leave this pool for doing a pee in the water I told the manager all of my mates do it in the pool NOT off the diving board they don't. kicked me out you know. I had sneaked in without paying still got a refund though I was 33 at the time. nickynoodah
  • Score: -15

11:05am Sat 15 Mar 14

blackdog1 says...

Who on earth writes this utter rubbish? Disaster? This is pathetic reporting and why this paper has gone downhill. The reporters who write this drivel need to jog on .......
Who on earth writes this utter rubbish? Disaster? This is pathetic reporting and why this paper has gone downhill. The reporters who write this drivel need to jog on ....... blackdog1
  • Score: 8

11:09am Sat 15 Mar 14

blackdog1 says...

nickynoodah wrote:
I was told to leave this pool for doing a pee in the water
I told the manager all of my mates do it in the pool
NOT off the diving board they don't.
kicked me out you know.
I had sneaked in without paying
still got a refund though
I was 33 at the time.
You seriously need to seek help .....you obviously have some major issues in your head with your always silly and senseless comments made on these forums! I am surprised the Echo don't kick you off!
[quote][p][bold]nickynoodah[/bold] wrote: I was told to leave this pool for doing a pee in the water I told the manager all of my mates do it in the pool NOT off the diving board they don't. kicked me out you know. I had sneaked in without paying still got a refund though I was 33 at the time.[/p][/quote]You seriously need to seek help .....you obviously have some major issues in your head with your always silly and senseless comments made on these forums! I am surprised the Echo don't kick you off! blackdog1
  • Score: 11

2:59pm Sat 15 Mar 14

MngsMnr says...

The only "disaster" I can see in this story is the Mrs PP's wrinkly forehead!
The only "disaster" I can see in this story is the Mrs PP's wrinkly forehead! MngsMnr
  • Score: 5

10:31pm Sat 15 Mar 14

baylin says...

I saw the headline disaster for family i am thinking one of the the kids as drowned or nearly drowned or maybe dad had a heart attack but no their swimming time as been mucked up, someone needs to get a bloody life.
I saw the headline disaster for family i am thinking one of the the kids as drowned or nearly drowned or maybe dad had a heart attack but no their swimming time as been mucked up, someone needs to get a bloody life. baylin
  • Score: 3

5:19am Sun 16 Mar 14

Ginny nz says...

ragj195 wrote:
Ginny nz wrote:
It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !!
Oh no. It's that word "disaster" again. They should put a warning sign in the cafe. Lost count of the number of times I've seen lifeguards saving kids that have just eaten from the bottom of the pool!
Maybe you want to give it a go and see what happens . Cramp can be a killer . Let's just hope there's a lifeguard close by , just in case !!
[quote][p][bold]ragj195[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginny nz[/bold] wrote: It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !![/p][/quote]Oh no. It's that word "disaster" again. They should put a warning sign in the cafe. Lost count of the number of times I've seen lifeguards saving kids that have just eaten from the bottom of the pool![/p][/quote]Maybe you want to give it a go and see what happens . Cramp can be a killer . Let's just hope there's a lifeguard close by , just in case !! Ginny nz
  • Score: 0

8:37am Sun 16 Mar 14

goatty says...

Is this rubbish worthy of even being printed. I was delayed at Tesco Express the other night as they had only 1 check out open........must get the Echo around for a headline grabbing story
Is this rubbish worthy of even being printed. I was delayed at Tesco Express the other night as they had only 1 check out open........must get the Echo around for a headline grabbing story goatty
  • Score: 4

8:44am Sun 16 Mar 14

ragj195 says...

Ginny nz wrote:
ragj195 wrote:
Ginny nz wrote:
It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !!
Oh no. It's that word "disaster" again. They should put a warning sign in the cafe. Lost count of the number of times I've seen lifeguards saving kids that have just eaten from the bottom of the pool!
Maybe you want to give it a go and see what happens . Cramp can be a killer . Let's just hope there's a lifeguard close by , just in case !!
"Disaster" and now "killer". Cramp, a Killer? In a swimming pool surrounded by lifeguards?
[quote][p][bold]Ginny nz[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ragj195[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginny nz[/bold] wrote: It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !![/p][/quote]Oh no. It's that word "disaster" again. They should put a warning sign in the cafe. Lost count of the number of times I've seen lifeguards saving kids that have just eaten from the bottom of the pool![/p][/quote]Maybe you want to give it a go and see what happens . Cramp can be a killer . Let's just hope there's a lifeguard close by , just in case !![/p][/quote]"Disaster" and now "killer". Cramp, a Killer? In a swimming pool surrounded by lifeguards? ragj195
  • Score: 2

10:02am Sun 16 Mar 14

retry69 says...

ragj195 wrote:
Ginny nz wrote:
It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !!
Oh no. It's that word "disaster" again. They should put a warning sign in the cafe. Lost count of the number of times I've seen lifeguards saving kids that have just eaten from the bottom of the pool!
What food do they serve at the bottom of the pool? Is it better than what they serve upstairs cos I'm there tomorrow .
[quote][p][bold]ragj195[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginny nz[/bold] wrote: It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !![/p][/quote]Oh no. It's that word "disaster" again. They should put a warning sign in the cafe. Lost count of the number of times I've seen lifeguards saving kids that have just eaten from the bottom of the pool![/p][/quote]What food do they serve at the bottom of the pool? Is it better than what they serve upstairs cos I'm there tomorrow . retry69
  • Score: 5

11:15am Sun 16 Mar 14

scrumpyjack says...

Ginny nz wrote:
It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !!
Urban myth. Actually there is no problem eating before swimming.
[quote][p][bold]Ginny nz[/bold] wrote: It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !![/p][/quote]Urban myth. Actually there is no problem eating before swimming. scrumpyjack
  • Score: 6

4:38pm Sun 16 Mar 14

mikeymagic says...

scrumpyjack wrote:
Ginny nz wrote:
It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !!
Urban myth. Actually there is no problem eating before swimming.
Correct. Food has no impact on swimming.
[quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginny nz[/bold] wrote: It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !![/p][/quote]Urban myth. Actually there is no problem eating before swimming.[/p][/quote]Correct. Food has no impact on swimming. mikeymagic
  • Score: 2

12:54pm Mon 17 Mar 14

grazzer says...

Ragi states that lifeguards often save children that have just eaten from the bottom of the pool..What grows on the bottom of the pool that they could possibly find edible?
Ragi states that lifeguards often save children that have just eaten from the bottom of the pool..What grows on the bottom of the pool that they could possibly find edible? grazzer
  • Score: 2

1:18pm Mon 17 Mar 14

Narwhal says...

mikeymagic wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Ginny nz wrote: It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !!
Urban myth. Actually there is no problem eating before swimming.
Correct. Food has no impact on swimming.
"Food has no impact on swimming"! I beg to differ....
factory made chips go soggy very quickly in the water, it washes the ketchup off and the napkin breaks up.....
[quote][p][bold]mikeymagic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginny nz[/bold] wrote: It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !![/p][/quote]Urban myth. Actually there is no problem eating before swimming.[/p][/quote]Correct. Food has no impact on swimming.[/p][/quote]"Food has no impact on swimming"! I beg to differ.... factory made chips go soggy very quickly in the water, it washes the ketchup off and the napkin breaks up..... Narwhal
  • Score: 5

4:29pm Mon 17 Mar 14

suzigirl says...

blackdog1 wrote:
nickynoodah wrote: I was told to leave this pool for doing a pee in the water I told the manager all of my mates do it in the pool NOT off the diving board they don't. kicked me out you know. I had sneaked in without paying still got a refund though I was 33 at the time.
You seriously need to seek help .....you obviously have some major issues in your head with your always silly and senseless comments made on these forums! I am surprised the Echo don't kick you off!
You only get kicked off if you mention the "C" word!
[quote][p][bold]blackdog1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nickynoodah[/bold] wrote: I was told to leave this pool for doing a pee in the water I told the manager all of my mates do it in the pool NOT off the diving board they don't. kicked me out you know. I had sneaked in without paying still got a refund though I was 33 at the time.[/p][/quote]You seriously need to seek help .....you obviously have some major issues in your head with your always silly and senseless comments made on these forums! I am surprised the Echo don't kick you off![/p][/quote]You only get kicked off if you mention the "C" word! suzigirl
  • Score: 1

5:28pm Mon 17 Mar 14

scrumpyjack says...

Narwhal wrote:
mikeymagic wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Ginny nz wrote: It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !!
Urban myth. Actually there is no problem eating before swimming.
Correct. Food has no impact on swimming.
"Food has no impact on swimming"! I beg to differ....
factory made chips go soggy very quickly in the water, it washes the ketchup off and the napkin breaks up.....
Why put 'food has no impact on swimming' in quotes?
[quote][p][bold]Narwhal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mikeymagic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginny nz[/bold] wrote: It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !![/p][/quote]Urban myth. Actually there is no problem eating before swimming.[/p][/quote]Correct. Food has no impact on swimming.[/p][/quote]"Food has no impact on swimming"! I beg to differ.... factory made chips go soggy very quickly in the water, it washes the ketchup off and the napkin breaks up.....[/p][/quote]Why put 'food has no impact on swimming' in quotes? scrumpyjack
  • Score: 1

6:03pm Mon 17 Mar 14

Narwhal says...

scrumpyjack wrote:
Narwhal wrote:
mikeymagic wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Ginny nz wrote: It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !!
Urban myth. Actually there is no problem eating before swimming.
Correct. Food has no impact on swimming.
"Food has no impact on swimming"! I beg to differ....
factory made chips go soggy very quickly in the water, it washes the ketchup off and the napkin breaks up.....
Why put 'food has no impact on swimming' in quotes?
Water wings,
[quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Narwhal[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mikeymagic[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Ginny nz[/bold] wrote: It could have been a disaster if those kids had managed to get in the water so soon after eating chips . Although this was a bad experience , hopefully the Mother has learnt not to give her kids food for a good while before swimming . Hopefully everyone has learnt from this !![/p][/quote]Urban myth. Actually there is no problem eating before swimming.[/p][/quote]Correct. Food has no impact on swimming.[/p][/quote]"Food has no impact on swimming"! I beg to differ.... factory made chips go soggy very quickly in the water, it washes the ketchup off and the napkin breaks up.....[/p][/quote]Why put 'food has no impact on swimming' in quotes?[/p][/quote]Water wings, Narwhal
  • Score: 2

9:38am Tue 18 Mar 14

dorsettech says...

Where's the news in this story?
Where's the news in this story? dorsettech
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree