The sun has got its hat on and that's reason enough to get excited after months of storms and rain.
Here's a list of 12 things that we guarantee will happen in Dorset when the sun comes out - good and bad. Can you think of any others?
1. Bournemouth goes national – pictures and video footage of our glorious beaches packed with sun worshippers will appear in the national papers and on TV
2. Men will walk around with their shirts off to reveal some seriously sore looking t-shirt sunburn
3. Brass bands perform in the bandstand at the Lower Gardens
4. The press will tell you it’s been hotter than Jamaica, Turkey, Greece, Spain, Miami, Los Angeles etc etc (sorry about this, folks!)
5. The stag and hen dos turn out in force
6. The giant deckchair makes an appearance
7. People actually exchange pleasantries – well at least a nod of acknowledgement. Who says southerners aren’t friendly?
8. Dorset turns into one giant traffic jam. Remember last July when daytrippers were stuck in their cars for hours on the A338 Spur Road?
9. People leave their litter behind. Dirty nappies, bottles and cans were some of the items strewn all over the beaches and in the town centre when 70,000 headed to Bournemouth last year.
10. It becomes a nightmare to find somewhere to park with cars left on verges, pavements and even double yellow lines.
11. You have to queue for ice cream/fish and chips/cold drinks/showers on the beach
12. The hairy caterpillars make an unwelcome return
Have a suggestion that you think should be added to our list? Tweet @Bournemouthecho, email firstname.lastname@example.org or place a comment below.