Ramblers at Studland putting themselves in danger by using section of closed pathway (From Bournemouth Echo)
When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Ramblers at Studland putting themselves in danger by using section of closed pathway
12:19pm Tuesday 25th February 2014 in News
RAMBLERS at Studland are putting themselves in danger by using a section of pathway that has been closed amid safety concerns, says the National Trust.
A pathway diversion was implemented at the South West Coast Path, near South Beach, last year, because of fears nearby cliffs could collapse.
National Trust rangers installed a barrier and diverted a section of the pathway inland.
However, the barrier has recently been tampered with, opening access to the closed path.
National Trust ranger Paul Bradley said: “The problem with this type of irresponsible behaviour is that not only does it encourage use of the old unsafe path, but it will allow children to access the area, potentially putting themselves at risk.”
The barrier has since been replaced but walkers are being asked to keep to the diversion and to report any incidents of barriers being damaged to the police or National Trust rangers.
Comments are closed on this article.