When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Fire fighters attend cooker fire in Highcliffe
6:37pm Saturday 22nd February 2014 in News
FIRE FIGHTERS attended a cooker fire at a property in Highcliffe this afternoon.
A call was made to Dorset Fire and Rescue Service at around 1pm with reports of a cooker fire at a bungalow on Rowan Drive, leading to crews being dispatched from Christchurch and New Milton Fire Stations.
The blaze was out on arrival and is believed to have been caused by unattended food left under the grill, which led to a small amount of smoke damage in the kitchen.
A spokesperson for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service reminded residents not to leave cooking unattended and advised that cookers are switched off on the appliance and also at the wall socket as a precaution, after use.