Eight Borough of Poole staff commit driving offences while behind wheel of council vehicles last year

Bournemouth Echo: A Borough of Poole car parked on double yellow lines A Borough of Poole car parked on double yellow lines

EIGHT Borough of Poole staff committed driving offences during 2013 while at the wheel of council vehicles.

The eight staff all received penalty points on their driving licenses for speeding in branded council vehicles between January 2013 and January 2014.

Borough of Poole released the information following an FOI request and it comes after the revelation that a driver of the ‘spy camera’ car was caught speeding in January.

It is also hot on the heels of the distinctive Citroen vehicle being spotted in Poole jumping a red traffic light.

The council revealed that while only two drivers received penalty points for breaking the law from January 2012 to 2013, there were five offenders from January 2011 to 2012.

Of the most recent speeders to get caught and punished, four work for environmental and consumer protection services, two for transportation, one for children and young people’s services and one for adult social care.

The council has taken no sanctions against these drivers who broke the law and has allowed them to continue driving its vehicles. It says it regularly checks staff driving licences and any action is taken in line with its disciplinary policy and insurance company requirements.

Carl Wilcox, head of human resources, Borough of Poole said: “Our officers undertake thousands of journeys a year and these eight offences are a small number in comparison.

“However, we are still disappointed by these figures and as an employer we do not condone such action. We consider each incident on an individual basis before determining the appropriate action to take.”

• Anti-speed camera crusader Ian Belchamber has written to the Chief Constable and the Police and Crime Commissioner about its speed camera operations.

Poole residents have recently pointed out the dangers of Dorset Road Safe camera vans parked at the end of the Tower Park slip road and on a bend of the Fleetsbridge flyover.

He said: “It is inconceivable that these cameras are not causing large numbers of dangerous situations and with current activities it is only a matter of time before there is another serious injury or death with a camera as a factor.”

Comments (40)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:11pm Tue 18 Feb 14

rayc says...

I expect that there is a similar ratio of Police Officers with speeding points or have attended Awareness Courses. It is just one of the results of driving in today's enforcement driven regime. I would hazard a guess that those caught were not 'speeding' in the generally accepted sense of the term and were caught on some of the safest roads in the Borough. Still got to keep the Awareness Course gravy train on the rails.
I expect that there is a similar ratio of Police Officers with speeding points or have attended Awareness Courses. It is just one of the results of driving in today's enforcement driven regime. I would hazard a guess that those caught were not 'speeding' in the generally accepted sense of the term and were caught on some of the safest roads in the Borough. Still got to keep the Awareness Course gravy train on the rails. rayc

12:33pm Tue 18 Feb 14

kalebmoledirt says...

Is driving to fast to fix a pothole a crime?Driving the staff car that delivers our glorious leader Elaine Atkinson.from her bunker to her ivory tower should be.
Is driving to fast to fix a pothole a crime?Driving the staff car that delivers our glorious leader Elaine Atkinson.from her bunker to her ivory tower should be. kalebmoledirt

1:05pm Tue 18 Feb 14

Mindvor says...

I wish I was perfect like the Echo staff
I wish I was perfect like the Echo staff Mindvor

1:24pm Tue 18 Feb 14

corngoat says...

Is this news?

How many other people commit a driving offence while driving company vehicles?
Is this news? How many other people commit a driving offence while driving company vehicles? corngoat

1:58pm Tue 18 Feb 14

Holes Bay Curve says...

rayc wrote:
I expect that there is a similar ratio of Police Officers with speeding points or have attended Awareness Courses. It is just one of the results of driving in today's enforcement driven regime. I would hazard a guess that those caught were not 'speeding' in the generally accepted sense of the term and were caught on some of the safest roads in the Borough. Still got to keep the Awareness Course gravy train on the rails.
If we ALL drove 'on some of the safest roads in the Borough' above the speed limit, they would cease to be safe.
[quote][p][bold]rayc[/bold] wrote: I expect that there is a similar ratio of Police Officers with speeding points or have attended Awareness Courses. It is just one of the results of driving in today's enforcement driven regime. I would hazard a guess that those caught were not 'speeding' in the generally accepted sense of the term and were caught on some of the safest roads in the Borough. Still got to keep the Awareness Course gravy train on the rails.[/p][/quote]If we ALL drove 'on some of the safest roads in the Borough' above the speed limit, they would cease to be safe. Holes Bay Curve

2:03pm Tue 18 Feb 14

rayc says...

Holes Bay Curve wrote:
rayc wrote:
I expect that there is a similar ratio of Police Officers with speeding points or have attended Awareness Courses. It is just one of the results of driving in today's enforcement driven regime. I would hazard a guess that those caught were not 'speeding' in the generally accepted sense of the term and were caught on some of the safest roads in the Borough. Still got to keep the Awareness Course gravy train on the rails.
If we ALL drove 'on some of the safest roads in the Borough' above the speed limit, they would cease to be safe.
How do you know? Are speed limits set in accordance with some road parameter or are they set arbitrarily? Dorset Way for example was safe at 70mph for decades so it is hardly likely to be unsafe now just because the speed limit is 50mph.
[quote][p][bold]Holes Bay Curve[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rayc[/bold] wrote: I expect that there is a similar ratio of Police Officers with speeding points or have attended Awareness Courses. It is just one of the results of driving in today's enforcement driven regime. I would hazard a guess that those caught were not 'speeding' in the generally accepted sense of the term and were caught on some of the safest roads in the Borough. Still got to keep the Awareness Course gravy train on the rails.[/p][/quote]If we ALL drove 'on some of the safest roads in the Borough' above the speed limit, they would cease to be safe.[/p][/quote]How do you know? Are speed limits set in accordance with some road parameter or are they set arbitrarily? Dorset Way for example was safe at 70mph for decades so it is hardly likely to be unsafe now just because the speed limit is 50mph. rayc

2:06pm Tue 18 Feb 14

muscliffman says...

Something seems to be missing from this article. When a Council employee commits a traffic offence when driving a Council vehicle during working time may we have confirmation that the employee personally pays the financial penalties in every instance and certainly not (directly or indirectly) the Borough/taxpayer.
Something seems to be missing from this article. When a Council employee commits a traffic offence when driving a Council vehicle during working time may we have confirmation that the employee personally pays the financial penalties in every instance and certainly not (directly or indirectly) the Borough/taxpayer. muscliffman

2:58pm Tue 18 Feb 14

suzigirl says...

How much over the speeding limit were they? 5 mph?
How much over the speeding limit were they? 5 mph? suzigirl

3:10pm Tue 18 Feb 14

whataboutthat says...

Just a council bash session eh Echo?
Just a council bash session eh Echo? whataboutthat

4:27pm Tue 18 Feb 14

Tarquins says...

As long as everyone is safe and not hurt, that's fine with me. We all do naughty things and even break the law unintentionally (shush!). So go careful out there darlings, it's some times a Mad Max World.....if only!
As long as everyone is safe and not hurt, that's fine with me. We all do naughty things and even break the law unintentionally (shush!). So go careful out there darlings, it's some times a Mad Max World.....if only! Tarquins

4:58pm Tue 18 Feb 14

fairandsquared says...

What is with this story. What rubbish from the Echo, really.... how many echo staff speed occasionally? What, are we all meant to be perfect? Give them a break (oh, and guess what, I saw a District Nurse once going over the speed limit - does that make him a criminal - best sack him). Echo reporting at its worst.
What is with this story. What rubbish from the Echo, really.... how many echo staff speed occasionally? What, are we all meant to be perfect? Give them a break (oh, and guess what, I saw a District Nurse once going over the speed limit - does that make him a criminal - best sack him). Echo reporting at its worst. fairandsquared

5:11pm Tue 18 Feb 14

Diesel Dog says...

I commit traffic offences quite a lot whilst at work. 25 times a day. Bournemouth is full of signs saying No loading at any time. If I get a fine I will refuse to deliver to any premises which are in a loading zone ban. The end result will be empty shops and another business closing down due to lack of stock.
Look after number 1. If I could get a blue badge could I get over it.
I commit traffic offences quite a lot whilst at work. 25 times a day. Bournemouth is full of signs saying No loading at any time. If I get a fine I will refuse to deliver to any premises which are in a loading zone ban. The end result will be empty shops and another business closing down due to lack of stock. Look after number 1. If I could get a blue badge could I get over it. Diesel Dog

6:01pm Tue 18 Feb 14

ShuttleX says...

I see the Echo is picking on Poole Council. I wonder if they have been told by their master Mr Beesley not to publish anything against Bournemouth Council. When you look how many vehicles Poole run, and the amount of hours they are on the road, I think this is a very small percentage. Before you point fingers at others Echo, get your own house in order. As for muscliffmans question, any Council employee who gets fined while driving pays out of their own pocket.
I see the Echo is picking on Poole Council. I wonder if they have been told by their master Mr Beesley not to publish anything against Bournemouth Council. When you look how many vehicles Poole run, and the amount of hours they are on the road, I think this is a very small percentage. Before you point fingers at others Echo, get your own house in order. As for muscliffmans question, any Council employee who gets fined while driving pays out of their own pocket. ShuttleX

6:05pm Tue 18 Feb 14

ShuttleX says...

Another point Echo. Your maths don't add up. The Council say only two people received points on their licence in 2013, yet you say eight. Whilst not a great lover of Council management, in this case, I am more likely to believe them, then your cut and paste hacks who wouldn't know a news story if it ran up and punched them on the nose.
Another point Echo. Your maths don't add up. The Council say only two people received points on their licence in 2013, yet you say eight. Whilst not a great lover of Council management, in this case, I am more likely to believe them, then your cut and paste hacks who wouldn't know a news story if it ran up and punched them on the nose. ShuttleX

6:50pm Tue 18 Feb 14

BIGTONE says...

ShuttleX wrote:
Another point Echo. Your maths don't add up. The Council say only two people received points on their licence in 2013, yet you say eight. Whilst not a great lover of Council management, in this case, I am more likely to believe them, then your cut and paste hacks who wouldn't know a news story if it ran up and punched them on the nose.
You need to read the story again.......
CLUE..........
pay particular attention to the dyslexic numbers and dates...
[quote][p][bold]ShuttleX[/bold] wrote: Another point Echo. Your maths don't add up. The Council say only two people received points on their licence in 2013, yet you say eight. Whilst not a great lover of Council management, in this case, I am more likely to believe them, then your cut and paste hacks who wouldn't know a news story if it ran up and punched them on the nose.[/p][/quote]You need to read the story again....... CLUE.......... pay particular attention to the dyslexic numbers and dates... BIGTONE

7:06pm Tue 18 Feb 14

Hessenford says...

whataboutthat wrote:
Just a council bash session eh Echo?
And well justified
[quote][p][bold]whataboutthat[/bold] wrote: Just a council bash session eh Echo?[/p][/quote]And well justified Hessenford

7:24pm Tue 18 Feb 14

Gonetothebeach says...

Non-story. People who have to drive a great deal in order to do their jobs are likely to be at greater risk of picking up penalty points than most of us. I suggest the Echo saves it's FOI requests for more important issues - and remembers that it costs taxpayers money if the council has to spend time replying to this type of request for information.
Non-story. People who have to drive a great deal in order to do their jobs are likely to be at greater risk of picking up penalty points than most of us. I suggest the Echo saves it's FOI requests for more important issues - and remembers that it costs taxpayers money if the council has to spend time replying to this type of request for information. Gonetothebeach

7:27pm Tue 18 Feb 14

chris77 says...

I hope you will name and shame these people as you like to dish it out on others.
I hope you will name and shame these people as you like to dish it out on others. chris77

7:33pm Tue 18 Feb 14

60plus says...

They need to go on a driving awareness course like other drivers have to
They need to go on a driving awareness course like other drivers have to 60plus

7:48pm Tue 18 Feb 14

rayc says...

60plus wrote:
They need to go on a driving awareness course like other drivers have to
Nobody HAS to go on a driving awareness course. There is always the option of accepting a FPN as an alternative or indeed having your day in court.
[quote][p][bold]60plus[/bold] wrote: They need to go on a driving awareness course like other drivers have to[/p][/quote]Nobody HAS to go on a driving awareness course. There is always the option of accepting a FPN as an alternative or indeed having your day in court. rayc

7:50pm Tue 18 Feb 14

Chris the plumber says...

people die when vehicles are drive too fast and its about time our society
accepted this fact. We read the inquest in this paper .all those deaths would have been avoided it car and motorcycle drove slower.
Any public servant who drives to fast should NEVER be allowed to drive a public service vehicle again. . they are a danger to all other road users.
people die when vehicles are drive too fast and its about time our society accepted this fact. We read the inquest in this paper .all those deaths would have been avoided it car and motorcycle drove slower. Any public servant who drives to fast should NEVER be allowed to drive a public service vehicle again. . they are a danger to all other road users. Chris the plumber

8:16pm Tue 18 Feb 14

dorsetspeed says...

"people die when vehicles are drive too fast"

People die when vehicles are driven which are blue, when the driver has had toast for breakfast, etc.

"all those deaths would have been avoided it car and motorcycle drove slower."

Actually, speeding is only one of a number of factors in only 7% of KSI accidents, and when the other factors might have included vehicle theft, drunk / drugged driving, disqualified drivers, racing, etc, when speed limits and cameras will obviously do nothing.

Yes dangerous speeding is an issue but what really saves lives is an intelligent appreciation of what the problems actually are and speeding on it's own simply is not a significant problem compared with for example simple driver error, a factor in an astonishing 10 times as many KSIs.

Putting all attention into the thing which has the least potential for reducing KSIs (ie speeding) is dangerous. But it does make money which is why that is all we see.

Why should a public servant, or anyone else for that matter, suffer such a disproportionate penalty, when they might have been caught on a road such as the Dorset Way, which has had a limit set 20% below even average speeds, i.e. against all guidance and common sense and well below the natural safe speed for the road?
"people die when vehicles are drive too fast" People die when vehicles are driven which are blue, when the driver has had toast for breakfast, etc. "all those deaths would have been avoided it car and motorcycle drove slower." Actually, speeding is only one of a number of factors in only 7% of KSI accidents, and when the other factors might have included vehicle theft, drunk / drugged driving, disqualified drivers, racing, etc, when speed limits and cameras will obviously do nothing. Yes dangerous speeding is an issue but what really saves lives is an intelligent appreciation of what the problems actually are and speeding on it's own simply is not a significant problem compared with for example simple driver error, a factor in an astonishing 10 times as many KSIs. Putting all attention into the thing which has the least potential for reducing KSIs (ie speeding) is dangerous. But it does make money which is why that is all we see. Why should a public servant, or anyone else for that matter, suffer such a disproportionate penalty, when they might have been caught on a road such as the Dorset Way, which has had a limit set 20% below even average speeds, i.e. against all guidance and common sense and well below the natural safe speed for the road? dorsetspeed

8:17pm Tue 18 Feb 14

dorsetspeed says...

rayc wrote:
60plus wrote:
They need to go on a driving awareness course like other drivers have to
Nobody HAS to go on a driving awareness course. There is always the option of accepting a FPN as an alternative or indeed having your day in court.
Yes, it's an option, just as having 2 fingers chopped off instead of 3 is an option..
[quote][p][bold]rayc[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]60plus[/bold] wrote: They need to go on a driving awareness course like other drivers have to[/p][/quote]Nobody HAS to go on a driving awareness course. There is always the option of accepting a FPN as an alternative or indeed having your day in court.[/p][/quote]Yes, it's an option, just as having 2 fingers chopped off instead of 3 is an option.. dorsetspeed

9:43pm Tue 18 Feb 14

rayc says...

Chris the plumber wrote:
people die when vehicles are drive too fast and its about time our society
accepted this fact. We read the inquest in this paper .all those deaths would have been avoided it car and motorcycle drove slower.
Any public servant who drives to fast should NEVER be allowed to drive a public service vehicle again. . they are a danger to all other road users.
The headline is of course a lie. I would expect that the vast majority of Poole Council staff have committed at least one driving offence in the last 12 months. I would expect the same for Politicians local and national, Police Officers, Magistrates, Driving Awareness Course Instructors, the PCC, IAM members and practically everyone else who drives.
The only offence that is regularly enforced is exceeding the speed limit. There were 29 fatalities on Dorset roads last year and the obsession with concentrating on the easily detected is one of the reasons for that.
[quote][p][bold]Chris the plumber[/bold] wrote: people die when vehicles are drive too fast and its about time our society accepted this fact. We read the inquest in this paper .all those deaths would have been avoided it car and motorcycle drove slower. Any public servant who drives to fast should NEVER be allowed to drive a public service vehicle again. . they are a danger to all other road users.[/p][/quote]The headline is of course a lie. I would expect that the vast majority of Poole Council staff have committed at least one driving offence in the last 12 months. I would expect the same for Politicians local and national, Police Officers, Magistrates, Driving Awareness Course Instructors, the PCC, IAM members and practically everyone else who drives. The only offence that is regularly enforced is exceeding the speed limit. There were 29 fatalities on Dorset roads last year and the obsession with concentrating on the easily detected is one of the reasons for that. rayc

10:43pm Tue 18 Feb 14

hooplaa says...

I wonder how many echo staff have been caught commiting driving offences while behind wheel
I wonder how many echo staff have been caught commiting driving offences while behind wheel hooplaa

11:02pm Tue 18 Feb 14

Letcommonsenseprevail says...

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Letcommonsenseprevail

11:24pm Tue 18 Feb 14

Yankee1 says...

The relevant Portfolio Holder will expunge these...............
...
The relevant Portfolio Holder will expunge these............... ... Yankee1

12:58am Wed 19 Feb 14

tbpoole says...

dorsetspeed wrote:
"people die when vehicles are drive too fast"

People die when vehicles are driven which are blue, when the driver has had toast for breakfast, etc.

"all those deaths would have been avoided it car and motorcycle drove slower."

Actually, speeding is only one of a number of factors in only 7% of KSI accidents, and when the other factors might have included vehicle theft, drunk / drugged driving, disqualified drivers, racing, etc, when speed limits and cameras will obviously do nothing.

Yes dangerous speeding is an issue but what really saves lives is an intelligent appreciation of what the problems actually are and speeding on it's own simply is not a significant problem compared with for example simple driver error, a factor in an astonishing 10 times as many KSIs.

Putting all attention into the thing which has the least potential for reducing KSIs (ie speeding) is dangerous. But it does make money which is why that is all we see.

Why should a public servant, or anyone else for that matter, suffer such a disproportionate penalty, when they might have been caught on a road such as the Dorset Way, which has had a limit set 20% below even average speeds, i.e. against all guidance and common sense and well below the natural safe speed for the road?
Go away no one is listening
[quote][p][bold]dorsetspeed[/bold] wrote: "people die when vehicles are drive too fast" People die when vehicles are driven which are blue, when the driver has had toast for breakfast, etc. "all those deaths would have been avoided it car and motorcycle drove slower." Actually, speeding is only one of a number of factors in only 7% of KSI accidents, and when the other factors might have included vehicle theft, drunk / drugged driving, disqualified drivers, racing, etc, when speed limits and cameras will obviously do nothing. Yes dangerous speeding is an issue but what really saves lives is an intelligent appreciation of what the problems actually are and speeding on it's own simply is not a significant problem compared with for example simple driver error, a factor in an astonishing 10 times as many KSIs. Putting all attention into the thing which has the least potential for reducing KSIs (ie speeding) is dangerous. But it does make money which is why that is all we see. Why should a public servant, or anyone else for that matter, suffer such a disproportionate penalty, when they might have been caught on a road such as the Dorset Way, which has had a limit set 20% below even average speeds, i.e. against all guidance and common sense and well below the natural safe speed for the road?[/p][/quote]Go away no one is listening tbpoole

6:13am Wed 19 Feb 14

we-shall-see says...

Yawn ......... is this *really* news? As long as I'm not paying the fines via my taxes, I couldn't give a fig about it ...... a few driving points is the least of my concerns with the way Poole Council runs it's day to day business :o//
Yawn ......... is this *really* news? As long as I'm not paying the fines via my taxes, I couldn't give a fig about it ...... a few driving points is the least of my concerns with the way Poole Council runs it's day to day business :o// we-shall-see

7:24am Wed 19 Feb 14

Baysider says...

Laughable really but as others pointed out someone had to spend time and effort responding to the FOI request which could have been better used elsewhere.
Laughable really but as others pointed out someone had to spend time and effort responding to the FOI request which could have been better used elsewhere. Baysider

9:08am Wed 19 Feb 14

suzigirl says...

Chris the plumber wrote:
people die when vehicles are drive too fast and its about time our society accepted this fact. We read the inquest in this paper .all those deaths would have been avoided it car and motorcycle drove slower. Any public servant who drives to fast should NEVER be allowed to drive a public service vehicle again. . they are a danger to all other road users.
Abolish all cars and motorbikes then! I nearly got wiped out by a cyclist this morning who was cycling at speed on the pavement - muppet!
[quote][p][bold]Chris the plumber[/bold] wrote: people die when vehicles are drive too fast and its about time our society accepted this fact. We read the inquest in this paper .all those deaths would have been avoided it car and motorcycle drove slower. Any public servant who drives to fast should NEVER be allowed to drive a public service vehicle again. . they are a danger to all other road users.[/p][/quote]Abolish all cars and motorbikes then! I nearly got wiped out by a cyclist this morning who was cycling at speed on the pavement - muppet! suzigirl

9:11am Wed 19 Feb 14

dorsetspeed says...

tbpoole wrote:
dorsetspeed wrote:
"people die when vehicles are drive too fast"

People die when vehicles are driven which are blue, when the driver has had toast for breakfast, etc.

"all those deaths would have been avoided it car and motorcycle drove slower."

Actually, speeding is only one of a number of factors in only 7% of KSI accidents, and when the other factors might have included vehicle theft, drunk / drugged driving, disqualified drivers, racing, etc, when speed limits and cameras will obviously do nothing.

Yes dangerous speeding is an issue but what really saves lives is an intelligent appreciation of what the problems actually are and speeding on it's own simply is not a significant problem compared with for example simple driver error, a factor in an astonishing 10 times as many KSIs.

Putting all attention into the thing which has the least potential for reducing KSIs (ie speeding) is dangerous. But it does make money which is why that is all we see.

Why should a public servant, or anyone else for that matter, suffer such a disproportionate penalty, when they might have been caught on a road such as the Dorset Way, which has had a limit set 20% below even average speeds, i.e. against all guidance and common sense and well below the natural safe speed for the road?
Go away no one is listening
Well I know you're not listening, but perhaps Dorset Road Unsafe have realised they have to, no van sightings on the Dorset Way since my email. That's progress.
[quote][p][bold]tbpoole[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dorsetspeed[/bold] wrote: "people die when vehicles are drive too fast" People die when vehicles are driven which are blue, when the driver has had toast for breakfast, etc. "all those deaths would have been avoided it car and motorcycle drove slower." Actually, speeding is only one of a number of factors in only 7% of KSI accidents, and when the other factors might have included vehicle theft, drunk / drugged driving, disqualified drivers, racing, etc, when speed limits and cameras will obviously do nothing. Yes dangerous speeding is an issue but what really saves lives is an intelligent appreciation of what the problems actually are and speeding on it's own simply is not a significant problem compared with for example simple driver error, a factor in an astonishing 10 times as many KSIs. Putting all attention into the thing which has the least potential for reducing KSIs (ie speeding) is dangerous. But it does make money which is why that is all we see. Why should a public servant, or anyone else for that matter, suffer such a disproportionate penalty, when they might have been caught on a road such as the Dorset Way, which has had a limit set 20% below even average speeds, i.e. against all guidance and common sense and well below the natural safe speed for the road?[/p][/quote]Go away no one is listening[/p][/quote]Well I know you're not listening, but perhaps Dorset Road Unsafe have realised they have to, no van sightings on the Dorset Way since my email. That's progress. dorsetspeed

10:08am Wed 19 Feb 14

speedy231278 says...

Ultimately, the local councils and authorities in the area are persecuting motorists in the name of fundraising, be it by huge parking charges, camera cars, speed traps, unnecessarily low speed limits, etc. Therefore, the very fact that their own employees cannot seem to abide by the same rules that they are enforcing would seem to be rather hypocritical.

As someone said above, let he who is free from sin cast the first stone. Or, alternatively, let he who does not commit driving offences drive a camera car....
Ultimately, the local councils and authorities in the area are persecuting motorists in the name of fundraising, be it by huge parking charges, camera cars, speed traps, unnecessarily low speed limits, etc. Therefore, the very fact that their own employees cannot seem to abide by the same rules that they are enforcing would seem to be rather hypocritical. As someone said above, let he who is free from sin cast the first stone. Or, alternatively, let he who does not commit driving offences drive a camera car.... speedy231278

10:23am Wed 19 Feb 14

tbpoole says...

speedy231278 wrote:
Ultimately, the local councils and authorities in the area are persecuting motorists in the name of fundraising, be it by huge parking charges, camera cars, speed traps, unnecessarily low speed limits, etc. Therefore, the very fact that their own employees cannot seem to abide by the same rules that they are enforcing would seem to be rather hypocritical.

As someone said above, let he who is free from sin cast the first stone. Or, alternatively, let he who does not commit driving offences drive a camera car....
Brainwashed by the Daily Mail and the likes do dorsetspleen I see....
[quote][p][bold]speedy231278[/bold] wrote: Ultimately, the local councils and authorities in the area are persecuting motorists in the name of fundraising, be it by huge parking charges, camera cars, speed traps, unnecessarily low speed limits, etc. Therefore, the very fact that their own employees cannot seem to abide by the same rules that they are enforcing would seem to be rather hypocritical. As someone said above, let he who is free from sin cast the first stone. Or, alternatively, let he who does not commit driving offences drive a camera car....[/p][/quote]Brainwashed by the Daily Mail and the likes do dorsetspleen I see.... tbpoole

10:23am Wed 19 Feb 14

tbpoole says...

tbpoole wrote:
speedy231278 wrote:
Ultimately, the local councils and authorities in the area are persecuting motorists in the name of fundraising, be it by huge parking charges, camera cars, speed traps, unnecessarily low speed limits, etc. Therefore, the very fact that their own employees cannot seem to abide by the same rules that they are enforcing would seem to be rather hypocritical.

As someone said above, let he who is free from sin cast the first stone. Or, alternatively, let he who does not commit driving offences drive a camera car....
Brainwashed by the Daily Mail and the likes do dorsetspleen I see....
* likes of
[quote][p][bold]tbpoole[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]speedy231278[/bold] wrote: Ultimately, the local councils and authorities in the area are persecuting motorists in the name of fundraising, be it by huge parking charges, camera cars, speed traps, unnecessarily low speed limits, etc. Therefore, the very fact that their own employees cannot seem to abide by the same rules that they are enforcing would seem to be rather hypocritical. As someone said above, let he who is free from sin cast the first stone. Or, alternatively, let he who does not commit driving offences drive a camera car....[/p][/quote]Brainwashed by the Daily Mail and the likes do dorsetspleen I see....[/p][/quote]* likes of tbpoole

10:34am Wed 19 Feb 14

dorsetspeed says...

tbpoole wrote:
speedy231278 wrote:
Ultimately, the local councils and authorities in the area are persecuting motorists in the name of fundraising, be it by huge parking charges, camera cars, speed traps, unnecessarily low speed limits, etc. Therefore, the very fact that their own employees cannot seem to abide by the same rules that they are enforcing would seem to be rather hypocritical.

As someone said above, let he who is free from sin cast the first stone. Or, alternatively, let he who does not commit driving offences drive a camera car....
Brainwashed by the Daily Mail and the likes do dorsetspleen I see....
So it's ok for "safety" camera car operators to break the law, but not ok for everyone else to? Could you let me know what I have said or what the Daily Mail has said that is untrue?
[quote][p][bold]tbpoole[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]speedy231278[/bold] wrote: Ultimately, the local councils and authorities in the area are persecuting motorists in the name of fundraising, be it by huge parking charges, camera cars, speed traps, unnecessarily low speed limits, etc. Therefore, the very fact that their own employees cannot seem to abide by the same rules that they are enforcing would seem to be rather hypocritical. As someone said above, let he who is free from sin cast the first stone. Or, alternatively, let he who does not commit driving offences drive a camera car....[/p][/quote]Brainwashed by the Daily Mail and the likes do dorsetspleen I see....[/p][/quote]So it's ok for "safety" camera car operators to break the law, but not ok for everyone else to? Could you let me know what I have said or what the Daily Mail has said that is untrue? dorsetspeed

11:39am Wed 19 Feb 14

scrumpyjack says...

suzigirl wrote:
Chris the plumber wrote:
people die when vehicles are drive too fast and its about time our society accepted this fact. We read the inquest in this paper .all those deaths would have been avoided it car and motorcycle drove slower. Any public servant who drives to fast should NEVER be allowed to drive a public service vehicle again. . they are a danger to all other road users.
Abolish all cars and motorbikes then! I nearly got wiped out by a cyclist this morning who was cycling at speed on the pavement - muppet!
No you weren't.
[quote][p][bold]suzigirl[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chris the plumber[/bold] wrote: people die when vehicles are drive too fast and its about time our society accepted this fact. We read the inquest in this paper .all those deaths would have been avoided it car and motorcycle drove slower. Any public servant who drives to fast should NEVER be allowed to drive a public service vehicle again. . they are a danger to all other road users.[/p][/quote]Abolish all cars and motorbikes then! I nearly got wiped out by a cyclist this morning who was cycling at speed on the pavement - muppet![/p][/quote]No you weren't. scrumpyjack

5:54pm Wed 19 Feb 14

tbpoole says...

dorsetspeed wrote:
tbpoole wrote:
speedy231278 wrote:
Ultimately, the local councils and authorities in the area are persecuting motorists in the name of fundraising, be it by huge parking charges, camera cars, speed traps, unnecessarily low speed limits, etc. Therefore, the very fact that their own employees cannot seem to abide by the same rules that they are enforcing would seem to be rather hypocritical.

As someone said above, let he who is free from sin cast the first stone. Or, alternatively, let he who does not commit driving offences drive a camera car....
Brainwashed by the Daily Mail and the likes do dorsetspleen I see....
So it's ok for "safety" camera car operators to break the law, but not ok for everyone else to? Could you let me know what I have said or what the Daily Mail has said that is untrue?
Don't start again, you know I'm not listening
[quote][p][bold]dorsetspeed[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tbpoole[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]speedy231278[/bold] wrote: Ultimately, the local councils and authorities in the area are persecuting motorists in the name of fundraising, be it by huge parking charges, camera cars, speed traps, unnecessarily low speed limits, etc. Therefore, the very fact that their own employees cannot seem to abide by the same rules that they are enforcing would seem to be rather hypocritical. As someone said above, let he who is free from sin cast the first stone. Or, alternatively, let he who does not commit driving offences drive a camera car....[/p][/quote]Brainwashed by the Daily Mail and the likes do dorsetspleen I see....[/p][/quote]So it's ok for "safety" camera car operators to break the law, but not ok for everyone else to? Could you let me know what I have said or what the Daily Mail has said that is untrue?[/p][/quote]Don't start again, you know I'm not listening tbpoole

6:31pm Wed 19 Feb 14

dorsetspeed says...

One thing that gives me great confidence in my position is that tbpoole has time and time again attempted, desperately, to discredit the challenge against Dorset Road Unsafe, but has time and time again failed. There is a good reason for this - Dorset Road Unsafe are acting for themselves and against the public interest, and therefore the facts, evidence, and truth cannot be manipulated to provide any conclusion which is different.

Just as any kind of response I have managed to get out of Dorset Police says they don't agree, but they refuse to say what they don't agree with and why, we see the same from tbpoole.

But it comes as little surprise to me that what I say about Dorset Police / Road Unsafe is completely unchallengeable, no matter how determined the challenge is, you can't argue with the truth.
One thing that gives me great confidence in my position is that tbpoole has time and time again attempted, desperately, to discredit the challenge against Dorset Road Unsafe, but has time and time again failed. There is a good reason for this - Dorset Road Unsafe are acting for themselves and against the public interest, and therefore the facts, evidence, and truth cannot be manipulated to provide any conclusion which is different. Just as any kind of response I have managed to get out of Dorset Police says they don't agree, but they refuse to say what they don't agree with and why, we see the same from tbpoole. But it comes as little surprise to me that what I say about Dorset Police / Road Unsafe is completely unchallengeable, no matter how determined the challenge is, you can't argue with the truth. dorsetspeed

10:14pm Wed 19 Feb 14

tbpoole says...

dorsetspeed wrote:
One thing that gives me great confidence in my position is that tbpoole has time and time again attempted, desperately, to discredit the challenge against Dorset Road Unsafe, but has time and time again failed. There is a good reason for this - Dorset Road Unsafe are acting for themselves and against the public interest, and therefore the facts, evidence, and truth cannot be manipulated to provide any conclusion which is different.

Just as any kind of response I have managed to get out of Dorset Police says they don't agree, but they refuse to say what they don't agree with and why, we see the same from tbpoole.

But it comes as little surprise to me that what I say about Dorset Police / Road Unsafe is completely unchallengeable, no matter how determined the challenge is, you can't argue with the truth.
Still not interested in what you have to say.....yet again you have shown yourself to be a time waster. Shame you can't put your energies into something useful.
[quote][p][bold]dorsetspeed[/bold] wrote: One thing that gives me great confidence in my position is that tbpoole has time and time again attempted, desperately, to discredit the challenge against Dorset Road Unsafe, but has time and time again failed. There is a good reason for this - Dorset Road Unsafe are acting for themselves and against the public interest, and therefore the facts, evidence, and truth cannot be manipulated to provide any conclusion which is different. Just as any kind of response I have managed to get out of Dorset Police says they don't agree, but they refuse to say what they don't agree with and why, we see the same from tbpoole. But it comes as little surprise to me that what I say about Dorset Police / Road Unsafe is completely unchallengeable, no matter how determined the challenge is, you can't argue with the truth.[/p][/quote]Still not interested in what you have to say.....yet again you have shown yourself to be a time waster. Shame you can't put your energies into something useful. tbpoole

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree