This live event has finished
- Councillors will be asked to approve the sites at Marshes End, Creekmoor, and land north of the B&Q car park, Broadstone Way at a meeting tonight
- They will also be asked to authorise a planning application to enable the borough to establish these temporary stopping places by the summer.
- The council estimates it will cost £175,000 to construct the site at Marshes End, and up to £70,000 at Broadstone Way.
- Last October Borough of Poole held a summit to try to find solutions to the perceived traveller problem, where it was agreed to explore the transit site option
- We have allowed comments but please be aware: Any reference to gypsies or any racially offensive term, or any comment inciting violence or hatred is in breach of our terms and conditions and will result in your account being suspended without notice. Romany Gypsies and Irish Travellers are legally recognised as ethnic groups, and protected by the Race Relations Act. Please keep your comments to this particular incident and do not generalise. Thanks for your co-operation.