LIVE: Crunch meeting to decide whether supermarket schemes for Christchurch should get the go-ahead (From Bournemouth Echo)
When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
LIVE: Crunch meeting to decide whether supermarket schemes for Christchurch should get the go-ahead
A CRUCIAL meeting is set to decide whether two more supermarket schemes for Christchurch should be given the go-ahead.
A meeting of the planning committee from 6pm tonight will decide whether Morrisons should be given the go-ahead at Beagle in Stony Lane alongside a revised application for a food store at Meteor Retail Park.
It is the third time the Morrisons application, now revised, will go before councillors.
- Christchurch supermarket battle like a “Mexican standoff”
- Store wars: Asda threaten to pull out if rival supermarket schemes get go-ahead
- Morrison’s supermarket plan recommended for approval – after being turned down twice before
- Council to decide on fate of Morrisons’ supermarket scheme for Beagle site
- Decision on Morrisons supermarket for Beagle site in Christchurch is deferred until next year
- Asda boost: hundreds of jobs to be created as new supermarket to open in Christchurch
- Will Morrison’s be third supermarket to be given the go-ahead for Christchurch in past year?
- Revised plans for Christchurch supermarket in bid to create bigger store
- Morrisons developers defend Stony Lane roundabout plan
- Christchurch supermarket row: now the government gets involved
- Showdown talks on Christchurch supermarket plans
- Store wars as plans for three new Christchurch supermarkets submitted
Developers Quantum issued the ultimatum just two days before the special planning meeting at Christchurch Borough Council which will decide on a scheme for Morrisons at Beagle on Stony Lane and a revised food store scheme for Meteor Retail Park in Somerford.
Both Morrisons and Meteor Retail Park have been recommended for approval.
The Morrisons scheme will also safeguard jobs at Beagle Technology who say they will move to a premises within Christchurch should permission be granted.
Andy Martin will be tweeting live updates from the meeting tonight from 6pm.
Comments are closed on this article.