Three escape house fire caused by tea light in Poole

Bournemouth Echo: Three escape house fire caused by tea light in Poole Three escape house fire caused by tea light in Poole

THREE people escaped uninjured after a fire at their home in Poole on Saturday night.

The blaze at the property on Wimborne Road in Oakdale began in the bedroom of the home.

Two crews from Poole fire station were called out at 8.51pm and on the scene in five minutes.

 Bournemouth Echo:

Dorset Fire and Rescue tweeted a picture of the damage on Saturday night

The firefighters found smoke coming from a first floor bedroom and four firefighters wore breathing apparatus used two hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.

Three people managed to escape to safety before the crews arrived.

Damage was mostly to the bedroom with light smoke damage to the first floor.

The cause was a tea light catching fire to nearby clothes.

Comments (3)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:52pm Sun 12 Jan 14

Mrs C. A Townend says...

How stupid to have a tealight or any candle lit near clothes! Did these people not stop to think about the fire risk?
How stupid to have a tealight or any candle lit near clothes! Did these people not stop to think about the fire risk? Mrs C. A Townend
  • Score: -2

8:07pm Sun 12 Jan 14

starchef01 says...

Mrs C. A Townend wrote:
How stupid to have a tealight or any candle lit near clothes! Did these people not stop to think about the fire risk?
Apparently not otherwise there would not have been a fire!
[quote][p][bold]Mrs C. A Townend[/bold] wrote: How stupid to have a tealight or any candle lit near clothes! Did these people not stop to think about the fire risk?[/p][/quote]Apparently not otherwise there would not have been a fire! starchef01
  • Score: 1

7:24am Mon 13 Jan 14

CHERRIES74 says...

Obviously my niece did not think about that otherwise she would not require hospital treatment and a trip to odstock for the injuries she received.. Or lose everything she owned and all recent Xmas and birthday gifts.. Harsh price an 18 yr old pays for a tea light catching her dressing gown cord on her back door when she opened it too pop downstairs !!!!
Obviously my niece did not think about that otherwise she would not require hospital treatment and a trip to odstock for the injuries she received.. Or lose everything she owned and all recent Xmas and birthday gifts.. Harsh price an 18 yr old pays for a tea light catching her dressing gown cord on her back door when she opened it too pop downstairs !!!! CHERRIES74
  • Score: 5

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree