Three people taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after power cut (From Bournemouth Echo)
When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Three people taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after power cut
4:00pm Saturday 28th December 2013 in News
THREE people from a property in Lytchett Matravers were taken to hospital on Tuesday morning with carbon monoxide poisoning.
A spokesperson for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said they received a call at 9.25am to an address on Dean Drove and a fire engine and one hazardous materials and items unit proceeded to the scene.
They said that the house was affected by a power cut on Monday evening and an electric generator had been started up in a confined space.
One person was taken out of the property by firefighters, while two others were able to walk out.
All three were taken by Dorset Ambulance Service to hospital.
Dorset Fire and Rescue Service took the opportunity to remind residents that, due to the recent and ongoing bout of bad weather, if a generator is used, it should be placed in an open room where air can circulate easily.
The spokesperson added that carbon monoxide poisoning can prove fatal.
Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can include dizziness and nausea, vomiting, tiredness and confusion, stomach pain, shortness of breath and difficulty breathing.
Comments are closed on this article.