Three people taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after power cut

Bournemouth Echo: Three people taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after power cut Three people taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after power cut

THREE people from a property in Lytchett Matravers were taken to hospital on Tuesday morning with carbon monoxide poisoning.

A spokesperson for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said they received a call at 9.25am to an address on Dean Drove and a fire engine and one hazardous materials and items unit proceeded to the scene.

They said that the house was affected by a power cut on Monday evening and an electric generator had been started up in a confined space.

One person was taken out of the property by firefighters, while two others were able to walk out.

All three were taken by Dorset Ambulance Service to hospital.

Dorset Fire and Rescue Service took the opportunity to remind residents that, due to the recent and ongoing bout of bad weather, if a generator is used, it should be placed in an open room where air can circulate easily.

The spokesperson added that carbon monoxide poisoning can prove fatal.

Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning can include dizziness and nausea, vomiting, tiredness and confusion, stomach pain, shortness of breath and difficulty breathing.

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:29pm Sat 28 Dec 13

hooplaa says...

This story was reported earlier in the week! Are you really that bad at your job you have to re run old (non interesting) story's? Seriously what do you get paid for?!
This story was reported earlier in the week! Are you really that bad at your job you have to re run old (non interesting) story's? Seriously what do you get paid for?! hooplaa

9:37pm Sat 28 Dec 13

BIGTONE says...

And make sure you open a door when having a BBQ in the lounge.........
Dualing banjo's.......
Idiots.
And make sure you open a door when having a BBQ in the lounge......... Dualing banjo's....... Idiots. BIGTONE

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree