Dorset Police charge 17 people so far in Christmas drink-drive campaign

Bournemouth Echo: Dorset Police charge 17 people so far in Christmas drink-drive campaign Dorset Police charge 17 people so far in Christmas drink-drive campaign

POLICE in Dorset charged 17 people with drink or drug driving-related offences between December 1and 8.

Men and women from across the county have now been given dates to appear in court later this month or in early January.

The Daily Echo plans to name and shame all those convicted as part of the campaign to save families from the devastating effects of drink and drug driving.

Comments (20)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:47am Tue 10 Dec 13

retry69 says...

These 17 should have had their vehicles confiscated when charged and if or when they are found guilty the vehicles should be sold or crushed .
These 17 should have had their vehicles confiscated when charged and if or when they are found guilty the vehicles should be sold or crushed . retry69

8:39am Tue 10 Dec 13

Dibbles2 says...

The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions!
The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions! Dibbles2

8:50am Tue 10 Dec 13

scrumpyjack says...

Dibbles2 wrote:
The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions!
98% plus of all convicted lose their licence.

Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....
[quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions![/p][/quote]98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality..... scrumpyjack

8:56am Tue 10 Dec 13

BIGTONE says...

Misleading figures. Segregate them then we can see if drink drive convictions have increased on the previous year.
Misleading figures. Segregate them then we can see if drink drive convictions have increased on the previous year. BIGTONE

9:41am Tue 10 Dec 13

cheeriedriteup says...

scrumpyjack wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote:
The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions!
98% plus of all convicted lose their licence.

Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....
If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course!
[quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions![/p][/quote]98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....[/p][/quote]If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course! cheeriedriteup

9:48am Tue 10 Dec 13

uvox44 says...

sadly there probably will always be a minority of people who are so selfish and uncaring that they are willing to put lives at risk just so they are able to do what they want. I doubt naming and shaming will have much effect as I doubt such people have any shame - a minimum 6 month prison sentence and lifetime driving ban might however, but as ever the law in this country seems more interested in protecting property than lives - remember it wasn't so long ago that you could be sent to prison for the awful crime of watching a TV without a licence! However run someone down in a car due to being drunk or just not paying attention and all you'll probably get is a fine and a short ban (if that).
sadly there probably will always be a minority of people who are so selfish and uncaring that they are willing to put lives at risk just so they are able to do what they want. I doubt naming and shaming will have much effect as I doubt such people have any shame - a minimum 6 month prison sentence and lifetime driving ban might however, but as ever the law in this country seems more interested in protecting property than lives - remember it wasn't so long ago that you could be sent to prison for the awful crime of watching a TV without a licence! However run someone down in a car due to being drunk or just not paying attention and all you'll probably get is a fine and a short ban (if that). uvox44

10:39am Tue 10 Dec 13

Dibbles2 says...

cheeriedriteup wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote:
The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions!
98% plus of all convicted lose their licence.

Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....
If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course!
Before you criiticise my comment check it out for your self! I only knew about it as my friend has a newer car than me with the same size engine and her insurance is considerably cheaper. The instructors actually tell them on the course it will reduce their premiums as apparently an offender is less likely to repeat.

http://www.drinkdriv
ing.org/drink_drivin
g_course.php

The drink driving rehabilitation course

If you have been offered a chance to go on the drink drive rehabilitation course by the sentencing court then the provider of the course will contact you upon receiving your referral order from the court. You will receive a letter with course information, a booking form and all the current years course start dates along with the date the court instructed you to complete the course by, this date will be at least 2 months before the end of the reduced period of disqualification.
What's in it for you?

You can apply to get your licence back early - up to 25% off your disqualification when you successfully complete the course.

You will be given information to help reduce your chances of making the same mistake again.

You will increase your chance for reducing future high insurance premiums as many motor car insurance companies recognise the completion of this course by convicted drink drivers and offer reduced premiums for those who have completed it.
[quote][p][bold]cheeriedriteup[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions![/p][/quote]98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....[/p][/quote]If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course![/p][/quote]Before you criiticise my comment check it out for your self! I only knew about it as my friend has a newer car than me with the same size engine and her insurance is considerably cheaper. The instructors actually tell them on the course it will reduce their premiums as apparently an offender is less likely to repeat. http://www.drinkdriv ing.org/drink_drivin g_course.php The drink driving rehabilitation course If you have been offered a chance to go on the drink drive rehabilitation course by the sentencing court then the provider of the course will contact you upon receiving your referral order from the court. You will receive a letter with course information, a booking form and all the current years course start dates along with the date the court instructed you to complete the course by, this date will be at least 2 months before the end of the reduced period of disqualification. What's in it for you? You can apply to get your licence back early - up to 25% off your disqualification when you successfully complete the course. You will be given information to help reduce your chances of making the same mistake again. You will increase your chance for reducing future high insurance premiums as many motor car insurance companies recognise the completion of this course by convicted drink drivers and offer reduced premiums for those who have completed it. Dibbles2

10:51am Tue 10 Dec 13

speedy231278 says...

Still don't understand why it is necessary to 'step up' DD investigation at Xmas, surely it should be one of the highest priorities all year round rather than hiding behind radar guns or in the back of Talivans? Cameras cannot detect drunk driving, only patrolling the roads can do that!
Still don't understand why it is necessary to 'step up' DD investigation at Xmas, surely it should be one of the highest priorities all year round rather than hiding behind radar guns or in the back of Talivans? Cameras cannot detect drunk driving, only patrolling the roads can do that! speedy231278

11:00am Tue 10 Dec 13

Dibbles2 says...

speedy231278 wrote:
Still don't understand why it is necessary to 'step up' DD investigation at Xmas, surely it should be one of the highest priorities all year round rather than hiding behind radar guns or in the back of Talivans? Cameras cannot detect drunk driving, only patrolling the roads can do that!
Because more people are likely to be drinking at christmas??????
[quote][p][bold]speedy231278[/bold] wrote: Still don't understand why it is necessary to 'step up' DD investigation at Xmas, surely it should be one of the highest priorities all year round rather than hiding behind radar guns or in the back of Talivans? Cameras cannot detect drunk driving, only patrolling the roads can do that![/p][/quote]Because more people are likely to be drinking at christmas?????? Dibbles2

12:04pm Tue 10 Dec 13

scrumpyjack says...

Dibbles2 wrote:
cheeriedriteup wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions!
98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....
If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course!
Before you criiticise my comment check it out for your self! I only knew about it as my friend has a newer car than me with the same size engine and her insurance is considerably cheaper. The instructors actually tell them on the course it will reduce their premiums as apparently an offender is less likely to repeat. http://www.drinkdriv ing.org/drink_drivin g_course.php The drink driving rehabilitation course If you have been offered a chance to go on the drink drive rehabilitation course by the sentencing court then the provider of the course will contact you upon receiving your referral order from the court. You will receive a letter with course information, a booking form and all the current years course start dates along with the date the court instructed you to complete the course by, this date will be at least 2 months before the end of the reduced period of disqualification. What's in it for you? You can apply to get your licence back early - up to 25% off your disqualification when you successfully complete the course. You will be given information to help reduce your chances of making the same mistake again. You will increase your chance for reducing future high insurance premiums as many motor car insurance companies recognise the completion of this course by convicted drink drivers and offer reduced premiums for those who have completed it.
Ever heard the phrase 'stop digging'?

It is a reduction; a reduction the automatic increase.

Eg insurance goes from £300 to £750 because of conviction, course MAY bring that down to, say, £600. (But only might and that is if you can find an insurer that is cheaper and that will accept the course as reducer).

Not, in this made up example, reducing it to say £250.

Capiche?
[quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cheeriedriteup[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions![/p][/quote]98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....[/p][/quote]If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course![/p][/quote]Before you criiticise my comment check it out for your self! I only knew about it as my friend has a newer car than me with the same size engine and her insurance is considerably cheaper. The instructors actually tell them on the course it will reduce their premiums as apparently an offender is less likely to repeat. http://www.drinkdriv ing.org/drink_drivin g_course.php The drink driving rehabilitation course If you have been offered a chance to go on the drink drive rehabilitation course by the sentencing court then the provider of the course will contact you upon receiving your referral order from the court. You will receive a letter with course information, a booking form and all the current years course start dates along with the date the court instructed you to complete the course by, this date will be at least 2 months before the end of the reduced period of disqualification. What's in it for you? You can apply to get your licence back early - up to 25% off your disqualification when you successfully complete the course. You will be given information to help reduce your chances of making the same mistake again. You will increase your chance for reducing future high insurance premiums as many motor car insurance companies recognise the completion of this course by convicted drink drivers and offer reduced premiums for those who have completed it.[/p][/quote]Ever heard the phrase 'stop digging'? It is a reduction; a reduction the automatic increase. Eg insurance goes from £300 to £750 because of conviction, course MAY bring that down to, say, £600. (But only might and that is if you can find an insurer that is cheaper and that will accept the course as reducer). Not, in this made up example, reducing it to say £250. Capiche? scrumpyjack

12:17pm Tue 10 Dec 13

Hessenford says...

Dibbles2 wrote:
The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions!
This country should take lessons from Australia, when stopped in their country and drivers blow over the limit they are suspended from driving from immediately.
In Australia a novice driver; a recently disqualified driver; or a driver of a taxi; bus; small charter vehicle; vehicle carrying dangerous goods; or a vehicle over 22.5t, the legal limit is zero.
Britain needs to take drink driving seriously, If Oz can do it so should we.
[quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions![/p][/quote]This country should take lessons from Australia, when stopped in their country and drivers blow over the limit they are suspended from driving from immediately. In Australia a novice driver; a recently disqualified driver; or a driver of a taxi; bus; small charter vehicle; vehicle carrying dangerous goods; or a vehicle over 22.5t, the legal limit is zero. Britain needs to take drink driving seriously, If Oz can do it so should we. Hessenford

1:13pm Tue 10 Dec 13

Dibbles2 says...

scrumpyjack wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote:
cheeriedriteup wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions!
98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....
If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course!
Before you criiticise my comment check it out for your self! I only knew about it as my friend has a newer car than me with the same size engine and her insurance is considerably cheaper. The instructors actually tell them on the course it will reduce their premiums as apparently an offender is less likely to repeat. http://www.drinkdriv ing.org/drink_drivin g_course.php The drink driving rehabilitation course If you have been offered a chance to go on the drink drive rehabilitation course by the sentencing court then the provider of the course will contact you upon receiving your referral order from the court. You will receive a letter with course information, a booking form and all the current years course start dates along with the date the court instructed you to complete the course by, this date will be at least 2 months before the end of the reduced period of disqualification. What's in it for you? You can apply to get your licence back early - up to 25% off your disqualification when you successfully complete the course. You will be given information to help reduce your chances of making the same mistake again. You will increase your chance for reducing future high insurance premiums as many motor car insurance companies recognise the completion of this course by convicted drink drivers and offer reduced premiums for those who have completed it.
Ever heard the phrase 'stop digging'?

It is a reduction; a reduction the automatic increase.

Eg insurance goes from £300 to £750 because of conviction, course MAY bring that down to, say, £600. (But only might and that is if you can find an insurer that is cheaper and that will accept the course as reducer).

Not, in this made up example, reducing it to say £250.

Capiche?
Wrong wrong wrong I have seen it with my own eyes.
[quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cheeriedriteup[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions![/p][/quote]98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....[/p][/quote]If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course![/p][/quote]Before you criiticise my comment check it out for your self! I only knew about it as my friend has a newer car than me with the same size engine and her insurance is considerably cheaper. The instructors actually tell them on the course it will reduce their premiums as apparently an offender is less likely to repeat. http://www.drinkdriv ing.org/drink_drivin g_course.php The drink driving rehabilitation course If you have been offered a chance to go on the drink drive rehabilitation course by the sentencing court then the provider of the course will contact you upon receiving your referral order from the court. You will receive a letter with course information, a booking form and all the current years course start dates along with the date the court instructed you to complete the course by, this date will be at least 2 months before the end of the reduced period of disqualification. What's in it for you? You can apply to get your licence back early - up to 25% off your disqualification when you successfully complete the course. You will be given information to help reduce your chances of making the same mistake again. You will increase your chance for reducing future high insurance premiums as many motor car insurance companies recognise the completion of this course by convicted drink drivers and offer reduced premiums for those who have completed it.[/p][/quote]Ever heard the phrase 'stop digging'? It is a reduction; a reduction the automatic increase. Eg insurance goes from £300 to £750 because of conviction, course MAY bring that down to, say, £600. (But only might and that is if you can find an insurer that is cheaper and that will accept the course as reducer). Not, in this made up example, reducing it to say £250. Capiche?[/p][/quote]Wrong wrong wrong I have seen it with my own eyes. Dibbles2

1:16pm Tue 10 Dec 13

Dibbles2 says...

Dibbles2 wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote:
cheeriedriteup wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions!
98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....
If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course!
Before you criiticise my comment check it out for your self! I only knew about it as my friend has a newer car than me with the same size engine and her insurance is considerably cheaper. The instructors actually tell them on the course it will reduce their premiums as apparently an offender is less likely to repeat. http://www.drinkdriv ing.org/drink_drivin g_course.php The drink driving rehabilitation course If you have been offered a chance to go on the drink drive rehabilitation course by the sentencing court then the provider of the course will contact you upon receiving your referral order from the court. You will receive a letter with course information, a booking form and all the current years course start dates along with the date the court instructed you to complete the course by, this date will be at least 2 months before the end of the reduced period of disqualification. What's in it for you? You can apply to get your licence back early - up to 25% off your disqualification when you successfully complete the course. You will be given information to help reduce your chances of making the same mistake again. You will increase your chance for reducing future high insurance premiums as many motor car insurance companies recognise the completion of this course by convicted drink drivers and offer reduced premiums for those who have completed it.
Ever heard the phrase 'stop digging'?

It is a reduction; a reduction the automatic increase.

Eg insurance goes from £300 to £750 because of conviction, course MAY bring that down to, say, £600. (But only might and that is if you can find an insurer that is cheaper and that will accept the course as reducer).

Not, in this made up example, reducing it to say £250.

Capiche?
Wrong wrong wrong I have seen it with my own eyes.
Her insurance was £560 a year. Got caught drink driving and did the course. Ban reduced by 3 months and insurance down to less than £400. Capiche?
[quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cheeriedriteup[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions![/p][/quote]98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....[/p][/quote]If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course![/p][/quote]Before you criiticise my comment check it out for your self! I only knew about it as my friend has a newer car than me with the same size engine and her insurance is considerably cheaper. The instructors actually tell them on the course it will reduce their premiums as apparently an offender is less likely to repeat. http://www.drinkdriv ing.org/drink_drivin g_course.php The drink driving rehabilitation course If you have been offered a chance to go on the drink drive rehabilitation course by the sentencing court then the provider of the course will contact you upon receiving your referral order from the court. You will receive a letter with course information, a booking form and all the current years course start dates along with the date the court instructed you to complete the course by, this date will be at least 2 months before the end of the reduced period of disqualification. What's in it for you? You can apply to get your licence back early - up to 25% off your disqualification when you successfully complete the course. You will be given information to help reduce your chances of making the same mistake again. You will increase your chance for reducing future high insurance premiums as many motor car insurance companies recognise the completion of this course by convicted drink drivers and offer reduced premiums for those who have completed it.[/p][/quote]Ever heard the phrase 'stop digging'? It is a reduction; a reduction the automatic increase. Eg insurance goes from £300 to £750 because of conviction, course MAY bring that down to, say, £600. (But only might and that is if you can find an insurer that is cheaper and that will accept the course as reducer). Not, in this made up example, reducing it to say £250. Capiche?[/p][/quote]Wrong wrong wrong I have seen it with my own eyes.[/p][/quote]Her insurance was £560 a year. Got caught drink driving and did the course. Ban reduced by 3 months and insurance down to less than £400. Capiche? Dibbles2

1:35pm Tue 10 Dec 13

rozmister says...

Dibbles2 wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote:
cheeriedriteup wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions!
98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....
If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course!
Before you criiticise my comment check it out for your self! I only knew about it as my friend has a newer car than me with the same size engine and her insurance is considerably cheaper. The instructors actually tell them on the course it will reduce their premiums as apparently an offender is less likely to repeat. http://www.drinkdriv ing.org/drink_drivin g_course.php The drink driving rehabilitation course If you have been offered a chance to go on the drink drive rehabilitation course by the sentencing court then the provider of the course will contact you upon receiving your referral order from the court. You will receive a letter with course information, a booking form and all the current years course start dates along with the date the court instructed you to complete the course by, this date will be at least 2 months before the end of the reduced period of disqualification. What's in it for you? You can apply to get your licence back early - up to 25% off your disqualification when you successfully complete the course. You will be given information to help reduce your chances of making the same mistake again. You will increase your chance for reducing future high insurance premiums as many motor car insurance companies recognise the completion of this course by convicted drink drivers and offer reduced premiums for those who have completed it.
Ever heard the phrase 'stop digging'? It is a reduction; a reduction the automatic increase. Eg insurance goes from £300 to £750 because of conviction, course MAY bring that down to, say, £600. (But only might and that is if you can find an insurer that is cheaper and that will accept the course as reducer). Not, in this made up example, reducing it to say £250. Capiche?
Wrong wrong wrong I have seen it with my own eyes.
Her insurance was £560 a year. Got caught drink driving and did the course. Ban reduced by 3 months and insurance down to less than £400. Capiche?
So one person you claim to know found it reduced their premiums and therefore it must be factually correct across the board? Seems legit.

I know two people who have taken driver rehabilitation courses after being caught drunk, their insurance has still been higher than before. If she was banned and passed an age milestone (e.g. 25) whilst banned her insurance would go down, ban or not. If she had moved house it may have gone down. If she got a different car. And so on and so forth. Insurance calculations are complex, if you think you can look at one and assume the reason AND make it into a sweeping generalisation across the board you're very naive.
[quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cheeriedriteup[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions![/p][/quote]98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....[/p][/quote]If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course![/p][/quote]Before you criiticise my comment check it out for your self! I only knew about it as my friend has a newer car than me with the same size engine and her insurance is considerably cheaper. The instructors actually tell them on the course it will reduce their premiums as apparently an offender is less likely to repeat. http://www.drinkdriv ing.org/drink_drivin g_course.php The drink driving rehabilitation course If you have been offered a chance to go on the drink drive rehabilitation course by the sentencing court then the provider of the course will contact you upon receiving your referral order from the court. You will receive a letter with course information, a booking form and all the current years course start dates along with the date the court instructed you to complete the course by, this date will be at least 2 months before the end of the reduced period of disqualification. What's in it for you? You can apply to get your licence back early - up to 25% off your disqualification when you successfully complete the course. You will be given information to help reduce your chances of making the same mistake again. You will increase your chance for reducing future high insurance premiums as many motor car insurance companies recognise the completion of this course by convicted drink drivers and offer reduced premiums for those who have completed it.[/p][/quote]Ever heard the phrase 'stop digging'? It is a reduction; a reduction the automatic increase. Eg insurance goes from £300 to £750 because of conviction, course MAY bring that down to, say, £600. (But only might and that is if you can find an insurer that is cheaper and that will accept the course as reducer). Not, in this made up example, reducing it to say £250. Capiche?[/p][/quote]Wrong wrong wrong I have seen it with my own eyes.[/p][/quote]Her insurance was £560 a year. Got caught drink driving and did the course. Ban reduced by 3 months and insurance down to less than £400. Capiche?[/p][/quote]So one person you claim to know found it reduced their premiums and therefore it must be factually correct across the board? Seems legit. I know two people who have taken driver rehabilitation courses after being caught drunk, their insurance has still been higher than before. If she was banned and passed an age milestone (e.g. 25) whilst banned her insurance would go down, ban or not. If she had moved house it may have gone down. If she got a different car. And so on and so forth. Insurance calculations are complex, if you think you can look at one and assume the reason AND make it into a sweeping generalisation across the board you're very naive. rozmister

2:01pm Tue 10 Dec 13

scrumpyjack says...

Dibbles2 wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote:
cheeriedriteup wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions!
98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....
If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course!
Before you criiticise my comment check it out for your self! I only knew about it as my friend has a newer car than me with the same size engine and her insurance is considerably cheaper. The instructors actually tell them on the course it will reduce their premiums as apparently an offender is less likely to repeat. http://www.drinkdriv ing.org/drink_drivin g_course.php The drink driving rehabilitation course If you have been offered a chance to go on the drink drive rehabilitation course by the sentencing court then the provider of the course will contact you upon receiving your referral order from the court. You will receive a letter with course information, a booking form and all the current years course start dates along with the date the court instructed you to complete the course by, this date will be at least 2 months before the end of the reduced period of disqualification. What's in it for you? You can apply to get your licence back early - up to 25% off your disqualification when you successfully complete the course. You will be given information to help reduce your chances of making the same mistake again. You will increase your chance for reducing future high insurance premiums as many motor car insurance companies recognise the completion of this course by convicted drink drivers and offer reduced premiums for those who have completed it.
Ever heard the phrase 'stop digging'? It is a reduction; a reduction the automatic increase. Eg insurance goes from £300 to £750 because of conviction, course MAY bring that down to, say, £600. (But only might and that is if you can find an insurer that is cheaper and that will accept the course as reducer). Not, in this made up example, reducing it to say £250. Capiche?
Wrong wrong wrong I have seen it with my own eyes.
Her insurance was £560 a year. Got caught drink driving and did the course. Ban reduced by 3 months and insurance down to less than £400. Capiche?
b/s.
[quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cheeriedriteup[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions![/p][/quote]98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....[/p][/quote]If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course![/p][/quote]Before you criiticise my comment check it out for your self! I only knew about it as my friend has a newer car than me with the same size engine and her insurance is considerably cheaper. The instructors actually tell them on the course it will reduce their premiums as apparently an offender is less likely to repeat. http://www.drinkdriv ing.org/drink_drivin g_course.php The drink driving rehabilitation course If you have been offered a chance to go on the drink drive rehabilitation course by the sentencing court then the provider of the course will contact you upon receiving your referral order from the court. You will receive a letter with course information, a booking form and all the current years course start dates along with the date the court instructed you to complete the course by, this date will be at least 2 months before the end of the reduced period of disqualification. What's in it for you? You can apply to get your licence back early - up to 25% off your disqualification when you successfully complete the course. You will be given information to help reduce your chances of making the same mistake again. You will increase your chance for reducing future high insurance premiums as many motor car insurance companies recognise the completion of this course by convicted drink drivers and offer reduced premiums for those who have completed it.[/p][/quote]Ever heard the phrase 'stop digging'? It is a reduction; a reduction the automatic increase. Eg insurance goes from £300 to £750 because of conviction, course MAY bring that down to, say, £600. (But only might and that is if you can find an insurer that is cheaper and that will accept the course as reducer). Not, in this made up example, reducing it to say £250. Capiche?[/p][/quote]Wrong wrong wrong I have seen it with my own eyes.[/p][/quote]Her insurance was £560 a year. Got caught drink driving and did the course. Ban reduced by 3 months and insurance down to less than £400. Capiche?[/p][/quote]b/s. scrumpyjack

2:03pm Tue 10 Dec 13

scrumpyjack says...

rozmister wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote:
cheeriedriteup wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions!
98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....
If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course!
Before you criiticise my comment check it out for your self! I only knew about it as my friend has a newer car than me with the same size engine and her insurance is considerably cheaper. The instructors actually tell them on the course it will reduce their premiums as apparently an offender is less likely to repeat. http://www.drinkdriv ing.org/drink_drivin g_course.php The drink driving rehabilitation course If you have been offered a chance to go on the drink drive rehabilitation course by the sentencing court then the provider of the course will contact you upon receiving your referral order from the court. You will receive a letter with course information, a booking form and all the current years course start dates along with the date the court instructed you to complete the course by, this date will be at least 2 months before the end of the reduced period of disqualification. What's in it for you? You can apply to get your licence back early - up to 25% off your disqualification when you successfully complete the course. You will be given information to help reduce your chances of making the same mistake again. You will increase your chance for reducing future high insurance premiums as many motor car insurance companies recognise the completion of this course by convicted drink drivers and offer reduced premiums for those who have completed it.
Ever heard the phrase 'stop digging'? It is a reduction; a reduction the automatic increase. Eg insurance goes from £300 to £750 because of conviction, course MAY bring that down to, say, £600. (But only might and that is if you can find an insurer that is cheaper and that will accept the course as reducer). Not, in this made up example, reducing it to say £250. Capiche?
Wrong wrong wrong I have seen it with my own eyes.
Her insurance was £560 a year. Got caught drink driving and did the course. Ban reduced by 3 months and insurance down to less than £400. Capiche?
So one person you claim to know found it reduced their premiums and therefore it must be factually correct across the board? Seems legit. I know two people who have taken driver rehabilitation courses after being caught drunk, their insurance has still been higher than before. If she was banned and passed an age milestone (e.g. 25) whilst banned her insurance would go down, ban or not. If she had moved house it may have gone down. If she got a different car. And so on and so forth. Insurance calculations are complex, if you think you can look at one and assume the reason AND make it into a sweeping generalisation across the board you're very naive.
Not b/s.
[quote][p][bold]rozmister[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cheeriedriteup[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions![/p][/quote]98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....[/p][/quote]If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course![/p][/quote]Before you criiticise my comment check it out for your self! I only knew about it as my friend has a newer car than me with the same size engine and her insurance is considerably cheaper. The instructors actually tell them on the course it will reduce their premiums as apparently an offender is less likely to repeat. http://www.drinkdriv ing.org/drink_drivin g_course.php The drink driving rehabilitation course If you have been offered a chance to go on the drink drive rehabilitation course by the sentencing court then the provider of the course will contact you upon receiving your referral order from the court. You will receive a letter with course information, a booking form and all the current years course start dates along with the date the court instructed you to complete the course by, this date will be at least 2 months before the end of the reduced period of disqualification. What's in it for you? You can apply to get your licence back early - up to 25% off your disqualification when you successfully complete the course. You will be given information to help reduce your chances of making the same mistake again. You will increase your chance for reducing future high insurance premiums as many motor car insurance companies recognise the completion of this course by convicted drink drivers and offer reduced premiums for those who have completed it.[/p][/quote]Ever heard the phrase 'stop digging'? It is a reduction; a reduction the automatic increase. Eg insurance goes from £300 to £750 because of conviction, course MAY bring that down to, say, £600. (But only might and that is if you can find an insurer that is cheaper and that will accept the course as reducer). Not, in this made up example, reducing it to say £250. Capiche?[/p][/quote]Wrong wrong wrong I have seen it with my own eyes.[/p][/quote]Her insurance was £560 a year. Got caught drink driving and did the course. Ban reduced by 3 months and insurance down to less than £400. Capiche?[/p][/quote]So one person you claim to know found it reduced their premiums and therefore it must be factually correct across the board? Seems legit. I know two people who have taken driver rehabilitation courses after being caught drunk, their insurance has still been higher than before. If she was banned and passed an age milestone (e.g. 25) whilst banned her insurance would go down, ban or not. If she had moved house it may have gone down. If she got a different car. And so on and so forth. Insurance calculations are complex, if you think you can look at one and assume the reason AND make it into a sweeping generalisation across the board you're very naive.[/p][/quote]Not b/s. scrumpyjack

2:11pm Tue 10 Dec 13

Dibbles2 says...

scrumpyjack wrote:
rozmister wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote:
cheeriedriteup wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions!
98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....
If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course!
Before you criiticise my comment check it out for your self! I only knew about it as my friend has a newer car than me with the same size engine and her insurance is considerably cheaper. The instructors actually tell them on the course it will reduce their premiums as apparently an offender is less likely to repeat. http://www.drinkdriv ing.org/drink_drivin g_course.php The drink driving rehabilitation course If you have been offered a chance to go on the drink drive rehabilitation course by the sentencing court then the provider of the course will contact you upon receiving your referral order from the court. You will receive a letter with course information, a booking form and all the current years course start dates along with the date the court instructed you to complete the course by, this date will be at least 2 months before the end of the reduced period of disqualification. What's in it for you? You can apply to get your licence back early - up to 25% off your disqualification when you successfully complete the course. You will be given information to help reduce your chances of making the same mistake again. You will increase your chance for reducing future high insurance premiums as many motor car insurance companies recognise the completion of this course by convicted drink drivers and offer reduced premiums for those who have completed it.
Ever heard the phrase 'stop digging'? It is a reduction; a reduction the automatic increase. Eg insurance goes from £300 to £750 because of conviction, course MAY bring that down to, say, £600. (But only might and that is if you can find an insurer that is cheaper and that will accept the course as reducer). Not, in this made up example, reducing it to say £250. Capiche?
Wrong wrong wrong I have seen it with my own eyes.
Her insurance was £560 a year. Got caught drink driving and did the course. Ban reduced by 3 months and insurance down to less than £400. Capiche?
So one person you claim to know found it reduced their premiums and therefore it must be factually correct across the board? Seems legit. I know two people who have taken driver rehabilitation courses after being caught drunk, their insurance has still been higher than before. If she was banned and passed an age milestone (e.g. 25) whilst banned her insurance would go down, ban or not. If she had moved house it may have gone down. If she got a different car. And so on and so forth. Insurance calculations are complex, if you think you can look at one and assume the reason AND make it into a sweeping generalisation across the board you're very naive.
Not b/s.
No Same house, bigger, newer car, and didnt pass any age milestones
[quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rozmister[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cheeriedriteup[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions![/p][/quote]98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....[/p][/quote]If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course![/p][/quote]Before you criiticise my comment check it out for your self! I only knew about it as my friend has a newer car than me with the same size engine and her insurance is considerably cheaper. The instructors actually tell them on the course it will reduce their premiums as apparently an offender is less likely to repeat. http://www.drinkdriv ing.org/drink_drivin g_course.php The drink driving rehabilitation course If you have been offered a chance to go on the drink drive rehabilitation course by the sentencing court then the provider of the course will contact you upon receiving your referral order from the court. You will receive a letter with course information, a booking form and all the current years course start dates along with the date the court instructed you to complete the course by, this date will be at least 2 months before the end of the reduced period of disqualification. What's in it for you? You can apply to get your licence back early - up to 25% off your disqualification when you successfully complete the course. You will be given information to help reduce your chances of making the same mistake again. You will increase your chance for reducing future high insurance premiums as many motor car insurance companies recognise the completion of this course by convicted drink drivers and offer reduced premiums for those who have completed it.[/p][/quote]Ever heard the phrase 'stop digging'? It is a reduction; a reduction the automatic increase. Eg insurance goes from £300 to £750 because of conviction, course MAY bring that down to, say, £600. (But only might and that is if you can find an insurer that is cheaper and that will accept the course as reducer). Not, in this made up example, reducing it to say £250. Capiche?[/p][/quote]Wrong wrong wrong I have seen it with my own eyes.[/p][/quote]Her insurance was £560 a year. Got caught drink driving and did the course. Ban reduced by 3 months and insurance down to less than £400. Capiche?[/p][/quote]So one person you claim to know found it reduced their premiums and therefore it must be factually correct across the board? Seems legit. I know two people who have taken driver rehabilitation courses after being caught drunk, their insurance has still been higher than before. If she was banned and passed an age milestone (e.g. 25) whilst banned her insurance would go down, ban or not. If she had moved house it may have gone down. If she got a different car. And so on and so forth. Insurance calculations are complex, if you think you can look at one and assume the reason AND make it into a sweeping generalisation across the board you're very naive.[/p][/quote]Not b/s.[/p][/quote]No Same house, bigger, newer car, and didnt pass any age milestones Dibbles2

4:41pm Tue 10 Dec 13

rozmister says...

Dibbles2 wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
rozmister wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote:
cheeriedriteup wrote:
scrumpyjack wrote:
Dibbles2 wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions!
98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....
If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course!
Before you criiticise my comment check it out for your self! I only knew about it as my friend has a newer car than me with the same size engine and her insurance is considerably cheaper. The instructors actually tell them on the course it will reduce their premiums as apparently an offender is less likely to repeat. http://www.drinkdriv ing.org/drink_drivin g_course.php The drink driving rehabilitation course If you have been offered a chance to go on the drink drive rehabilitation course by the sentencing court then the provider of the course will contact you upon receiving your referral order from the court. You will receive a letter with course information, a booking form and all the current years course start dates along with the date the court instructed you to complete the course by, this date will be at least 2 months before the end of the reduced period of disqualification. What's in it for you? You can apply to get your licence back early - up to 25% off your disqualification when you successfully complete the course. You will be given information to help reduce your chances of making the same mistake again. You will increase your chance for reducing future high insurance premiums as many motor car insurance companies recognise the completion of this course by convicted drink drivers and offer reduced premiums for those who have completed it.
Ever heard the phrase 'stop digging'? It is a reduction; a reduction the automatic increase. Eg insurance goes from £300 to £750 because of conviction, course MAY bring that down to, say, £600. (But only might and that is if you can find an insurer that is cheaper and that will accept the course as reducer). Not, in this made up example, reducing it to say £250. Capiche?
Wrong wrong wrong I have seen it with my own eyes.
Her insurance was £560 a year. Got caught drink driving and did the course. Ban reduced by 3 months and insurance down to less than £400. Capiche?
So one person you claim to know found it reduced their premiums and therefore it must be factually correct across the board? Seems legit. I know two people who have taken driver rehabilitation courses after being caught drunk, their insurance has still been higher than before. If she was banned and passed an age milestone (e.g. 25) whilst banned her insurance would go down, ban or not. If she had moved house it may have gone down. If she got a different car. And so on and so forth. Insurance calculations are complex, if you think you can look at one and assume the reason AND make it into a sweeping generalisation across the board you're very naive.
Not b/s.
No Same house, bigger, newer car, and didnt pass any age milestones
Well then your friend is a lucky sod. This article explains quite clearly how insurance for drunk drivers works and how drivers rehabilitation courses affect your premium, it's not pretty! http://www.nopenalty
points.co.uk/insuran
ce-after-driving-off
ence.html
[quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]rozmister[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cheeriedriteup[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]scrumpyjack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: The problem is that there is gap between being charged and going to court which inevitably gives these idiots more time on the roads. They should appear in court the next day. Most of them will be in court before xmas but you can guarantee solicitors will get cases adjourned so they can drive over the festive period. It also makes me cross when Doctors and high profile people get to keep their licences, or those in "caring", jobs. It should be a standard ban for all people caught drink driving and insurance premiums should be put up. It makes me sick that going on an a drink driving rehabilitation course can make someones insurance cheaper than min despite the fact I have no points or convictions![/p][/quote]98% plus of all convicted lose their licence. Do you really think a convicted drink driver will have lower insurance? Try a huge increase for 5 years and you'll be getting close to the actual reality.....[/p][/quote]If they actually declare the ban to the insurance company of course![/p][/quote]Before you criiticise my comment check it out for your self! I only knew about it as my friend has a newer car than me with the same size engine and her insurance is considerably cheaper. The instructors actually tell them on the course it will reduce their premiums as apparently an offender is less likely to repeat. http://www.drinkdriv ing.org/drink_drivin g_course.php The drink driving rehabilitation course If you have been offered a chance to go on the drink drive rehabilitation course by the sentencing court then the provider of the course will contact you upon receiving your referral order from the court. You will receive a letter with course information, a booking form and all the current years course start dates along with the date the court instructed you to complete the course by, this date will be at least 2 months before the end of the reduced period of disqualification. What's in it for you? You can apply to get your licence back early - up to 25% off your disqualification when you successfully complete the course. You will be given information to help reduce your chances of making the same mistake again. You will increase your chance for reducing future high insurance premiums as many motor car insurance companies recognise the completion of this course by convicted drink drivers and offer reduced premiums for those who have completed it.[/p][/quote]Ever heard the phrase 'stop digging'? It is a reduction; a reduction the automatic increase. Eg insurance goes from £300 to £750 because of conviction, course MAY bring that down to, say, £600. (But only might and that is if you can find an insurer that is cheaper and that will accept the course as reducer). Not, in this made up example, reducing it to say £250. Capiche?[/p][/quote]Wrong wrong wrong I have seen it with my own eyes.[/p][/quote]Her insurance was £560 a year. Got caught drink driving and did the course. Ban reduced by 3 months and insurance down to less than £400. Capiche?[/p][/quote]So one person you claim to know found it reduced their premiums and therefore it must be factually correct across the board? Seems legit. I know two people who have taken driver rehabilitation courses after being caught drunk, their insurance has still been higher than before. If she was banned and passed an age milestone (e.g. 25) whilst banned her insurance would go down, ban or not. If she had moved house it may have gone down. If she got a different car. And so on and so forth. Insurance calculations are complex, if you think you can look at one and assume the reason AND make it into a sweeping generalisation across the board you're very naive.[/p][/quote]Not b/s.[/p][/quote]No Same house, bigger, newer car, and didnt pass any age milestones[/p][/quote]Well then your friend is a lucky sod. This article explains quite clearly how insurance for drunk drivers works and how drivers rehabilitation courses affect your premium, it's not pretty! http://www.nopenalty points.co.uk/insuran ce-after-driving-off ence.html rozmister

5:50pm Tue 10 Dec 13

scrumpyjack says...

Yes unbelievably lucky....
Yes unbelievably lucky.... scrumpyjack

12:37am Thu 12 Dec 13

gameon says...

Dibbles2 wrote:
speedy231278 wrote:
Still don't understand why it is necessary to 'step up' DD investigation at Xmas, surely it should be one of the highest priorities all year round rather than hiding behind radar guns or in the back of Talivans? Cameras cannot detect drunk driving, only patrolling the roads can do that!
Because more people are likely to be drinking at christmas??????
The Morons who couldnt care less of the consequencies drink and drive all year impound there vehicles and fasttrack them to the courts the next Day and Judges dont pussyfoot to there solicitors who come out with the old chesnut hes unemployed ,he had a row with his partner ,hes a good lad hes full of remorse ,Hit them Hard as a deterrant to the rest of the Idiots who think they can get away with it
[quote][p][bold]Dibbles2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]speedy231278[/bold] wrote: Still don't understand why it is necessary to 'step up' DD investigation at Xmas, surely it should be one of the highest priorities all year round rather than hiding behind radar guns or in the back of Talivans? Cameras cannot detect drunk driving, only patrolling the roads can do that![/p][/quote]Because more people are likely to be drinking at christmas??????[/p][/quote]The Morons who couldnt care less of the consequencies drink and drive all year impound there vehicles and fasttrack them to the courts the next Day and Judges dont pussyfoot to there solicitors who come out with the old chesnut hes unemployed ,he had a row with his partner ,hes a good lad hes full of remorse ,Hit them Hard as a deterrant to the rest of the Idiots who think they can get away with it gameon

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree