When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
UPDATE: Firefighters deal with blaze at Makro in Poole
POOLE firefighters were sent to tackle a blaze at a cash and carry in the early hours of this morning.
Four fire engines – three from Poole and one from Hamworthy – were sent to Makro at Cabot Lane, Creekmoor, just after midnight.
The fire was found on a mezzanine floor inside the warehouse and four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the flames.
It involved a quantity of paper and old stock, which was completely destroyed by fire. Fire damaged items were removed from the store.
The rest of the large premises suffered smoke-logging and there was water damage by sprinklers to the zone affected by the fire.
Dorset Fire and Rescue Service has not yet released details of a possible cause.
Parts of the store were closed first thing in the morning, but most customers were able to access the shop by 9am.
A Makro spokesperson said: “There was an incident at Makro Poole and fire crews attended.
“The store is now fully open for business.”
Outside the store was a pile of fire damaged items, including a Christmas tree.
It was fully open to customers and trading normally.
The sprinkler system turned on immediately the fire was detected and fire crews were quickly on the scene. Night staff were in the building at the time.
Comments are closed on this article.