When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Dorset slurry tank death ruled accidental
3:06pm Tuesday 15th October 2013 in News
A JURY has ruled that a worker who was overcome by fumes while fixing a slurry tank, died accidentally.
Matthew Pitt, 29, was overcome by fumes while working on the anaerobic digester on a Dorset farm, an inquest heard.
He was taken to hospital following the incident at Lowbrook Farm, Belchalwell, in 2009, but never regained consciousness.
The inquest at Bournemouth Town Hall heard he may have removed his mask and was poisoned by hydrogen sulphide gas.
Mr Pitt, from Sturminster Newton, was given CPR and airlifted to hospital but was pronounced dead.
He had become a father eight months before he died.
A joint investigation by police and the Health and Safety Executive at the time found there was "insufficient evidence to support a prosecution for manslaughter or corporate manslaughter".
Comments are closed on this article.