When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Sparks from disc cutter cause heath fire in Poole
3:18pm Thursday 10th October 2013 in News
SPARKS caused by workmen caused a heath fire in Poole today, firefighters said.
A Dorset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said two crews from Poole attended the fire at the side of Canford Way near Mannings Heath Roundabout.
The fire involved hedgerows and trees in an area approximately 20m by 10m.
He said the fire was caused accidently by a spark coming from a disc cutter being used by workmen who were repairing fencing.
The fire at 11.15m was extinguished using three hose reel jets and crews are re-inspecting the site.
Comments are closed on this article.