UPDATED: Boscombe man taken to hospital with facial injuries following assault (From Bournemouth Echo)
When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
UPDATED: Boscombe man taken to hospital with facial injuries following assault
6:40am Thursday 10th October 2013 in News
A MAN was seen with blood on his face following an assault in Boscombe this evening.
Grosvenor Gardens was sealed off with around seven police cars and paramedics on the scene at 5.03pm.
The Dorset Police helicopter was over the area as officers dashed to the area to try and find the attackers.
Initially, there were reports that there had been a stabbing and armed police officers rushed to the scene. But police later said this was not the case and the incident was being recorded as an assault. A Dorset police spokesperson said at 9.50pm that the victim had received "minor injuries consistent with an assault." The spokesperson added that no arrests had been made and inquiries were continuing.
Earlier, local resident Nick Carmichael, 59, said he saw a man come out of a house with blood all over his face and shoulders, who asked him to call an ambulance.
“He had a lot of blood on his face and arms, and looked like he had a few cuts on his forehead,” he said.
“I thought he might have fallen on his face or something, although he looked in a bad way. I called an ambulance and told him to wait but he headed off in the direction of The Crescent.
“We get an occasional police presence down here, like at The Crescent a few weeks ago, but normally it is quite quiet and we rarely have anything like this.”
Another local resident, Aaron Warner, said he had seen a man covered in blood being put in an ambulance.
“I just came down here to pick up some DVDs from a friend, we have been waiting for an hour,” he added.
At the scene Bournemouth South Police Sergeant Ben Pope had said: “We had a report of someone who had been injured, possibly in an assault with a knife.
“Officers arrived at the scene and the firearms unit was called. No one is in custody at this time, and they checked the property to make sure everyone was safe and accounted for.
“The investigation is on-going.”
A spokesperson for South Western Ambulance Service said a man was taken to the Royal Bournemouth Hospital suffering with facial injuries.
Comments are closed on this article.