When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Man rescued and Fay the Boxer dog brought back to life after fire at block of flats Christchurch
FIREFIGHTERS were faced with an unexpected casualty when they evacuated a block of flats in Christchurch.
The excitement had proved too much for elderly Boxer dog Fay who collapsed in the car park and stopped breathing.
Owner Peter Egginton called for help and firemen used oxygen and cardiac massage to bring 10-year-old Fay back to life.
Just hours later Fay was back to normal and living happily at home with Peter and fellow four-legged friends Tuppence, also 10, and 11-year-old Thomas.
Residents of the Barrack Road block, which contains 16 flats, were asked to leave their properties at 2am due to a blaze on the top floor.
Dorset Fire and Rescue have since revealed the fire was caused by a chip pan which had been left on by mistake.
Peter and his dogs live in the flat beneath the affected property and were waiting to be allowed back into their home when the drama unfolded.
“The dogs were running around like mad as usual when Fay suddenly collapsed” said Peter.
“The firemen told me they thought she had stopped breathing but they managed to bring her back to life.”
The male resident of the flat affected by the fire, who does not wish to be named, was taken to hospital by ambulance and released after treatment for the effects of smoke inhalation.
The property suffered smoke damage to the kitchen.
Comments are closed on this article.