When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
UPDATED: Fire crews called to Poole home
A WOMAN who was asleep when fire broke out in her Poole home this morning says she’s lucky to be alive after smoke alarms woke her up.
Kelly-Marie Young, 27, was at her home in Bushell Road, Fleetsbridge, when the blaze started in the airing cupboard.
Kelly-Marie, who was alone in the house, said: “I was asleep and I wouldn’t have woken up.
“I’m very grateful that the smoke alarms were there and working. The firefighters were here really quickly from me making the phone call, I’m very grateful.”
Three fire crews were sent to the scene at around 11.20am on Sunday.
Crew manager Alan Frias, of Dorset Fire and Rescue, said smoke could be seen coming from the roof of the property when they arrived.
“If she hadn’t had the smoke alarms she would not have been aware of the fire.
“The damage was contained, thanks to a quick response, to the airing cupboard and loft area.
“We would like to remind residents that working smoke alarms save lives,” he said.
Comments are closed on this article.