When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
KFC diner gets unpleasant surprise after buying meal
A GROUP of friends were shocked to find what they believed was a chicken brain in their KFC meal.
Flora Thomas was about to bite into a piece of chicken at KFC at The Lansdowne in Bournemouth when she looked down and saw what the company states was a giblet.
“It was absolutely disgusting,” she said.
“Everybody was really shocked and we all felt pretty sick. They offered us a replacement but we had a free Krushems milkshake instead.”
The 16-year-old from Pokesdown was celebrating a friend’s birthday and said they thought it was a piece of brain in the Fully Loaded meal.
And despite the company’s statement about the discovery being a giblet, Flora said she has been put off.
“I don’t think I will go to KFC again. I’ve heard stories but never thought this would happen to me.”
A spokesperson for the franchise that operates KFC at The Lansdowne said: “We’re really sorry for Ms Thomas’ experience.
“We sell 200 million pieces of chicken every year and always try to ensure the highest standards in every restaurant.
“Because all our chicken on the bone is freshly prepared by hand, unfortunately on rare occasions, human error can mean that a giblet is not removed in the preparation process, and it appears that this is what has happened in this instance.
“Our restaurant staff apologised at the time, and we will be contacting Ms Thomas to provide her with a gesture of goodwill.
“We are retraining our cooks in our restaurant on our strict food preparation processes to ensure this doesn’t happen again.”
Comments are closed on this article.