When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Elderly woman rescued by firefighters in Poole home blaze
8:57am Wednesday 11th September 2013 in News
AN elderly woman was rescued by firefighters on Tuesday night after a neighbour spotted smoke and flames coming from a property in Broom Road, Poole.
Fire crews from Poole and Westbourne attended at around 9pm and helped the 80-year-old woman to safety.
An ambulance also attended, as did the Red Cross support vehicle.
A fire service spokesman said the fire was initially thought to have involved a washing machine but was later found to be caused by smoking materials.
Comments are closed on this article.