When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
Inquest opens into death of Poole Tesco delivery driver John Applebee
3:19pm Wednesday 4th September 2013 in News
THE inquest into the death of a Tesco home delivery driver who died in a house fire in Poole opened on September 3.
Bournemouth Coroners' Court heard John Applebee, 68, died in a house blaze in Beamish Road and that the property was in an unkempt state because he was a hoarder.
Dr William Chong from Poole Hospital carried out a post mortem but the cause of death was not confirmed as further tissue samples and a toxicology report is needed.
A spokesperson from Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of death could be smoke inhalation, but this has not been confirmed.
Coroners Officer Nikki Muller said the fire started in the kitchen of the Canford Heath home and John was taken to hospital in an ambulance before being pronounced dead.
A full inquest will be heard on October 22 and Dorset Coroner Sheriff Payne will be continuing investigations.
Comments are closed on this article.