Family's 'lucky escape' in house blaze

First published in News
Last updated

A family escaped unhurt after a blaze in their house in the early hours of Thursday morning.

The fire, at the property in East Creech near Wareham, was caused by a faulty dishwasher.

The dishwasher, a Bosch model, is part of a national recall by the manufacturers because of a recognised fault.

Fire chiefs say the incident did not become a tragedy because the family had an escape plan in the event of a fire and working smoke alarms.

The family's pets made their own way out of the house and firefighters rescued a dog.

The fire service attended a number of similar incidents involving Bosch dishwashers last year.

The dishwashers subject to the recall are model numbers FD7901 - FD8504, made between 1999 and 2005.

Householders are urged not to leave appliances on when they leave the house or go to bed.

For more information on the recall go to repairaction.co.uk

Comments (4)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:32am Thu 4 Apr 13

aerolover says...

I can never understand why manufactures put time delays on washing machines and dishwashers. It is highly dangerous for any electrical appliance to be on over night especially one that heats up.
I can never understand why manufactures put time delays on washing machines and dishwashers. It is highly dangerous for any electrical appliance to be on over night especially one that heats up. aerolover
  • Score: 0

9:48am Thu 4 Apr 13

Lord Spring says...

My dishwasher gets a sweat on sometimes explodes but have never seen her catch fire .
My dishwasher gets a sweat on sometimes explodes but have never seen her catch fire . Lord Spring
  • Score: 0

10:42am Thu 4 Apr 13

sniffer says...

Ours caught fire last october during the day. Fire (in circuit board) burnt out but destroyed the kitchen with smoke damage - everything has to be replaced as will smell forever otherwise, smoke also got into other rooms and ruined carpets etc. Wife popped out for an hour, wont do that again, live and learn.
Ours caught fire last october during the day. Fire (in circuit board) burnt out but destroyed the kitchen with smoke damage - everything has to be replaced as will smell forever otherwise, smoke also got into other rooms and ruined carpets etc. Wife popped out for an hour, wont do that again, live and learn. sniffer
  • Score: 0

10:05pm Thu 4 Apr 13

SpotOnChap says...

the "model"numbers quoted in this article are actually the production dates or FD numbers - the model numbers will begin S and this not only affects Bosch but also Siemens & Neff brands. As said above check out www.repairaction.co.
uk for further info.
the "model"numbers quoted in this article are actually the production dates or FD numbers - the model numbers will begin S and this not only affects Bosch but also Siemens & Neff brands. As said above check out www.repairaction.co. uk for further info. SpotOnChap
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree