When news happens text pix and video to 80360. Start your message with BE then leave a space.
New V Club owners: we don't want anything to do with previous management
1:00pm Wednesday 13th March 2013 in News
The new owners of troubled nightclub V say they don't want anything to do with the previous management and are prepared to bar them from the premises if it will help get the club's licence back.
V lost its licence at a day-long hearing behind closed doors last week.
The nightclub has been closed since February 12 after an incident in which Ben Selby, 29, was stabbed in the face. Several hours of confidential police evidence convinced Bournemouth council to revoke the licence.
- V club: Richard Carr's teenage son was licence holder
- V club: we won't tolerate poorly managed venues, say police
- D-day: Future of V Club to be decided on Thursday
- V club will be run "properly and professionally" says new owner
- V Club knife attack: "The staff did nothing to help"
- V Club shut down by council after man injured in knife fight
- Winchester boss: I’ve bought metal detector after V Club stabbing
Previously the club's licence was held by James Beedham, a long-time business associate of Richard Carr, then transferred to two holding companies called Ace of Clubs and Vee Asset Ltd, before being transferred again to Richard Carr's 18-year-old son Jacob Carr.
But in a message on the club's Facebook page, new owner Gary Bennetton says he is determined to sever all ties with the club's past.
He wrote: "As the new owners of V this last week has driven home to us how badly run the venue was operated.
"We bought the club from the previous owners when it was clear the Police and Council had lost all confidence in the previous senior management.
"We want to turn V around, and ensure it is fully compliant with its license and ALL associated conditions.
"We are nothing whatsoever to do with the previous owners, and have offered licensing conditions to bar the previous owners from the venue and sworn statements under oath that they will be nothing whatsoever to do with our business going forward.
"This is very frustrating for us, as we would not be in business with these individuals and are fed up with people saying we are in anyway linked to them.
"We have been advised we are able to open V whilst on appeal, but have decided our longterm relationship with the Police is more important, and hope to have an update very soon as we are trying to work with the local authorities to reassure them, and get open ASAP.
"Thank you to all previous customers for your support, and we hope to have news in the next month.
"V is a great venue and deserves to be given the opportunity to be run properly - please get behind us and support it's reopening."